P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

21 minutes ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

Same tonight from 4 pm. 5 ships going out, will be busy in Southampton! 

Two princesses (Sky/Emerald), MSC Virtuosa, Celeb's Silhouette and the Iona are tonight's line up😊

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, kalos said:

Two princesses (Sky/Emerald), MSC Virtuosa, Celeb's Silhouette and the Iona are tonight's line up😊

We popped down to Portsmouth for the day on Thursday. We go on another cruise next Friday and saw the ship. We have not sailed on it before.... 'Victoria of Wight '.🛳️

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

10 minutes ago, kalos said:

Great to see things getting back to normal. Lots of happy folk off on their hols. ....bon voyage to all who are sailing on them....stay safe.⛱️

• Like 6

Went for a moonlit night walk along the cliffs last night, was still really hot, could feel the heat in the granite walls. Had a badger dash across the path & back, not sure who was more surprised! 
Tunock biscuit picnic looking over Sennen, saw Norwegian Star lit up on way round to Portland. 
Boiling here again today, just off to screw fix to cool down in the car! 

• Like 4

Already 26C here, lowest overnight temperature in greenhouse was 18.2C, and that was with the doors and windows open! 

Off to BBQ this evening, it’s a gas powered Kamado, so no chance of sparks etc, probably about 50 people will be there, so should be a good evening. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

Thats 4 Princess ships going out in 2 days. I didn't realise that Princess had so many ships serving the uk.

Ive been on 4 Princess cruises and apart from a Oz party cruise (as it turned out) where the ozzies were living it up have been impressed. We have 2 P&O cruises booked for the next 12 months and haven't been on P&O since 2015 so will be interesting to compare.

We quite fancy a transatlantic and USA/Canada cruise that Princess seem to do every September/October looking for 2024, when do Autumn/Winter cruises on Princess get released?

Edited by Splice the mainbrace

Another hot day down here too 29C and expected to get hotter! Not working today thank goodness.

Took an early trip to Penzance for a click and collect at Tesco, the idea was to go early to miss the traffic, but there seemed to be more tractors on the roads than normal😕 Got home and made some ice cream and decided while in the kitchen to make some scones and flapjacks too - must need my head examining. Although it has been proven I'm not right in the head!!🥴

Daughter and partner are coming over later for a BBQ.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, zap99 said:

We popped down to Portsmouth for the day on Thursday. We go on another cruise next Friday and saw the ship. We have not sailed on it before.... 'Victoria of Wight '.🛳️

I've sailed on her. Definitely quite a step up from the 'Saints' that make up the rest of the fleet.

• Like 1

Hardly a cloud in the sky here and up to 32⁰ so far. Keeping the windows shut and blinds drawn to keep the house cool.

Been into town to pick up some prints I've had reframed. Stopped for coffee in a newly opened, independent coffee shop. Good coffee but dreadful, overcooked, dry croissant. Copious apologies and replaced by a more expensive product with good grace and smiles, so good service too.

Did a food shop and now home.

Probably start getting cruise wear out to see what I can still fit in to this afternoon... Some not been worn for 3 years or more...

• Like 7

1 hour ago, purplesea said:

there seemed to be more tractors on the roads than normal

We seemed to have a lot too and until late evening .I suppose they are worried about the fire risk to their fields and they are getting the cereal crops in pronto.

I know one farmer was ploughing as well we could smell the soil and see the gulls circling ,loads of them . We don't do BBQ but for those that do ,the farmer gifted them with a smell of manure 😙 for the evening .

• Haha 3

I've just seen another P&O advert that I haven't seen before with 2 (I presume) friends having fun at the port destinations, this follows the daughter and father one with similar message. They seem to be pushing the destination angle rather than the onboard cruising experience. The previous Rob Brydon adverts were more about relaxing onboard and cruising.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Britboys said:

I've sailed on her. Definitely quite a step up from the 'Saints' that make up the rest of the fleet.

When we get back, another week or so and we are on Anthem of the seas. I expect that will be another step up. I hope.🤣

• Like 2

Afternoon all, definitely rather warm here but I must be getting used to it as I’m not too bad. It’s not as hot as it was a few weeks back. Luckily I work at home Thursday and Fridays so I didn’t have to stagger home in the heat yesterday.

John due home from work very soon, not much planned for the rest of the weekend.

• Like 4

Hi everyone, hope you are all well this afternoon and managing to keep cool-ish.

Well we landed back in Manchester yesterday from Salou after a lovely but very hot holiday with the grandchildren. They behaved fantastically well for us as well.

It took two hours from landing to getting our luggage, my mobility scooter did not arrive at all. We reported it to Global Baggage Solutions and they had a look too. No joy so lost luggage forms completed. Still heard nothing and they are not taking phone calls. This is a massive inconvenience for me as I can’t get out without it. It goes in the car attached to a hoist so I can get out and about. As look after my partly sighted mum too I am feeling a bit let down  at the moment. Sorry for the rant folks from a very frustrated Michelle 

Have a lovely weekend everyone 

Michelle

• Like 13

4 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Hi everyone, hope you are all well this afternoon and managing to keep cool-ish.

Well we landed back in Manchester yesterday from Salou after a lovely but very hot holiday with the grandchildren. They behaved fantastically well for us as well.

It took two hours from landing to getting our luggage, my mobility scooter did not arrive at all. We reported it to Global Baggage Solutions and they had a look too. No joy so lost luggage forms completed. Still heard nothing and they are not taking phone calls. This is a massive inconvenience for me as I can’t get out without it. It goes in the car attached to a hoist so I can get out and about. As look after my partly sighted mum too I am feeling a bit let down  at the moment. Sorry for the rant folks from a very frustrated Michelle 

Michelle

You are quite entitled to a rant, I’m just impressed by how moderate your tone is. What a rotten end to a good holiday.

I hope they get it sorted out very soon.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, lincslady said:

Dare I say that the powers that be are hoping nobody will be barbecueing at present?  Even at home.

Sadly some idiots around. 

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/20636460.major-heath-fire-studland-believed-caused-barbecue-campfire/

And even dafter........

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/20637320.studland-fire-no-parking-signs-ignored-ferry-road/

Edited by kruzseeka
  • Like 4

30 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Michelle

I'm pleased you had a good holiday with your grandchildren Michelle. 

How on earth can they 'lose' a mobility scooter??  I mean it's not exactly a small item is it?🙄

Avril

• Like 9

9 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I'm pleased you had a good holiday with your grandchildren Michelle. 

How on earth can they 'lose' a mobility scooter??  I mean it's not exactly a small item is it?🙄

Avril

Thanks Avril, I know, it’s hardly a small item and it does stand out. 

Michelle

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

You are quite entitled to a rant, I’m just impressed by how moderate your tone is. What a rotten end to a good holiday.

I hope they get it sorted out very soon.

Thanks Eglesbrech

Michelle

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Peanut006 said:

Michelle

Let’s hope your mobility scooter turns up soon - perhaps it never left the departure airport…… but how they could lose one is beyond me.

Let’s hope you get good news soon.

I also hope it is covered under insurance.

Glad you had a great holiday up to that point tho.

Gill x

• Like 3