P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

11 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

My scooter has been located

It is now with a company called Firstflight who should deliver it to me. It is the company TUI use to deliver lost luggage. We tried to contact them by phone today but they do not accept telephone calls, only contact is by email so we have done that. No reply as yet, fingers crossed for tomorrow. 

Michelle

So pleased for you Michelle it’s been found and on its way home , we’re also on our way home now off to the airport in a hour so should be home for 6 tonight it will be nice to be home in my own home and bed with my fans going on all night , I feel so guilty when having them on all night in someone’s else’s home .

Lovely pictures graham of the Lake District and hotels.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, zap99 said:

Knowing Croydon, I prefer Cumbria.🤣

The company I worked for in the 1990s were based in Croydon and why I had stayed in hotels a few times there.

The Lake District is breathtaking and we go there very regularly either to stay or for a day trip.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

So pleased for you Michelle it’s been found and on its way home , we’re also on our way home now off to the airport in a hour so should be home for 6 tonight it will be nice to be home in my own home and bed with my fans going on all night , I feel so guilty when having them on all night in someone’s else’s home .

Lovely pictures graham of the Lake District and hotels.

Thank you.

I hope you have a pleasant flight home and hopefully you had an amazing holiday.

• Thanks 1

Last night the forecast for today was thunderstorms all morning.

But no rain in sight... just blue skies a balmy 21˚C and 26˚C is now forecast. Airing the house to get a through-draft, breakfast on the patio and a rain dance on what used to be the lawn to try and save a laburnum tree.

Neighbour's "lawn" so brown that our local vixen thinks that she blends into it!

DSC_9845.thumb.jpeg.b5e7e62514eaa41c11d5e5cc81fae259.jpeg

• Like 8

11 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

I have just received a phone call telling me that my cousin has passed away.  I saw her last week and was shocked to see how she had deteriorated health wise since I saw her the previous week. She was a year younger than me but we always talked about what we and my sisters used to do on Sundays at grandma's.  My favourite was sitting under  the table eating " toffee fishes" while the "grown ups" talked about "Grown-up things".

So sorry to hear this Josy

Michelle

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

I have just received a phone call telling me that my cousin has passed away.  I saw her last week and was shocked to see how she had deteriorated health wise since I saw her the previous week. She was a year younger than me but we always talked about what we and my sisters used to do on Sundays at grandma's.  My favourite was sitting under  the table eating " toffee fishes" while the "grown ups" talked about "Grown-up things".

Sorry to hear this Josy.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

No rain here yet in Kent. Very uncomfortable overnight but feels fresher now.

Just out some washing on and now thunderstorms forecast for this afternoon. Last night was the worst with hardly any wind so 26C in my bedroom with no chance of a cooling breeze. At least there is a good breeze today.

Managed to walk poor dog this morning , still pretty warm, close now. Had a sprinkle of rain again just now although it’s blue out to sea for a minute. Apparently South West Water are mending leaks free now the hose ban is coming in down here, so I’ve reported the the one down our lane that’s been going for ages (couple of years thinking about it) it’s complicated as the pipe comes through a stream & then to 4 cottages & the stop cocks in the actual road so there for the households responsible. They were called out a few years ago to a leak in the pipe in the stream but wouldn’t do anything as no one would agree to pay, so the neighbour that reported it taped it up well.  We’ve taken out insurance on ours as it also comes over the stream but just feeds us. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

I'm so sorry to hear your sad news Josy.x

I'm pleased you are reminiscing about the good times with your cousin, which is the best way to remember her. 

Avril

• Like 4

Josy - so sorry for your loss.  I know you are a close family, so you will be able to share the grief

Michelle - good news about your scooter.  Honestly, what a shower!

Talking of which - clouds and a few drops here but nothing to write home about

On 7/18/2022 at 11:57 AM, Harry Peterson said:

When I was a student in Birmingham, back in the 60s, it got very hot one summer. Hot enough to fry an egg on a Mini, we thought.

Warning - don’t try this at home. It doesn’t work!  And it’s very, very messy! 😉

Harry. Just using this post to ping you as you have been quiet for almost a month.

Hope all is well with you and yours.

• Like 10

Hi all,Ferragosto today.Loads of peeps go up into the pine forests in the mountains and have barbies.38c today and most days for 3 months.The only wildfires are caused by stupid drivers tossing their dogends out the window.We,re having our barbie in the garden after a day on the beach with family,Brian.

• Like 5

18 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

So sorry for your loss

59 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

My missing mobility scooter from my flight home last Friday has just been delivered to my house.

I can get to my hospital appointment in the morning now thank goodness. 

Michelle

That is great news Michelle.

I am really happy for you.

Graham.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Peanut006 said:

My missing mobility scooter from my flight home last Friday has just been delivered to my house.

I can get to my hospital appointment in the morning now thank goodness. 

Michelle

So pleased that you have got your scooter back.

• Like 1