P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

23 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Off to Warner's for a Ska weekend. Food probably won't be worth photographing. No photo's from DW on her FB in case our son sees them. Too embarasing for him.......second thoughts, he embarassed us often enough. Dad, what's Bluebeat.?🤔

With Parkdean resorts when you book the ferry thru their website you get a massive discount.Don't know if Warners are the same.

41 minutes ago, kalos said:

I had visions of you with a spade and lantern in the church yard late at night .😙😉

😂

There are a few village churchyards I’d like to visit for family graves, but I’ll stop short of digging up the ancestors! 😂

• Haha 6

22 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

😂

There are a few village churchyards I’d like to visit for family graves, but I’ll stop short of digging up the ancestors! 😂

Hope there's no skeletons in your cupboard.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, kalos said:

Here's one "Ocean Fish Bar" ..From the outside it looks like a take away but 

to the back is a nice restaurant built in, with a nice wine bar . I suppose the latter is no good

Thanks for the recommendation. Will take a look next time we there, although we will wait until the summer crowds have dispersed before going again.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, brian1 said:

With Parkdean resorts when you book the ferry thru their website you get a massive discount.Don't know if Warners are the same.

Half price. We may try parkdean next year. They have one in West bay and one in Devon that me and some friends went to when we were in our teens. 2nd thoughts, perhaps best to avoid that one.🤣

• Like 2

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I cannot cook and Pauline is not keen on cooking so we decided to go to our local beefeater in Durham for their lunch time special.

Pauline had fish and chips and I had a steak sandwich.

IMG_20220819_125323.jpg

Decent plate of chips there Graham.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I am having one of those weeks!

I had arranged for my daughter to collect my shopping this evening as I can't go and get it.  I have just received a voicemail from Tesco to say that their system had gone down I won't get my shopping, alhough I can re-schedule for tomorrow. 

19 minutes ago, purplesea said:

I had arranged for my daughter to collect my shopping this evening as I can't go and get it.  I have just received a voicemail from Tesco to say that their system had gone down I won't get my shopping, alhough I can re-schedule for tomorrow. 

Life just sucks sometimes.

Hope you are at least feeling a little better.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

We will be in Durham the week after next as we have a tour booked, what is your best recommendation for coffee and cake? 

Barnard castle surely,yay,back to square 1.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

45 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

We will be in Durham the week after next as we have a tour booked, what is your best recommendation for coffee and cake? 

There are some photos of current scones and tea on the sanctimonia thread. No cake, the pink panther ate it all.🤔

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, purplesea said:

Your daughters a star saving the day .😍 Like you I'm not much of a fan of voicemail due to

my Nan inventing voicemail when I was just a teenager . When my parents were out and I was

having a lie in ,she would shout through our letter box until I answered her voice .😑

I also love how people always leave voicemails when I miss their calls.

It's like they want to be ignored twice by me .😉

Keep smiling and you will be better before you know it 😊

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Dermotsgirl said:

Family history is one of my interests, and it’s amazing you can dig up.

My great grandfather was a Relieving Officer at Mile End Workhouse, and he left comments on paperwork relating to the committal of one of the paupers to Colney Hatch  Asylum. That person who was sent to the asylum was Aaron Kominski, one of the suspects in the Jack the Ripper case. 

Regarding the posting of food photos. As long as people keep to the forum rules, they can post what they like, and I don’t think it is up to forum members to tell others what is acceptable to post. As always, if something is not of interest, you can just scroll on by.

Isn't it a funny old world. It seems our great grandfather's were acquainted.🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A visit today to Redhouse Glass Cone & Glass Museum in Wordsley, Stourbridge, the glass cone is one of a very few surviving examples. Stourbridge became the centre of glass making in the 19th C with glass makers coming here from Germany, what is now Czech Republic, Eastern France and other parts of Europe. A pleasant afternoon out and some Christmas shopping done as well (sorry I mentioned the C word)

Got home to find an email to say our Netflix account has been hacked, Netflix helped me sort it out very quickly, excellent service. Was hacked allegedly from Columbia, at common location for hackers apparently. Password change and account now secure, appears password had been leaked on internet as found out via Have I been Pwned website, so now change any sites that use that password, only a few thank goodness.

https://haveibeenpwned.com

E9FE5DAB-736E-48D9-A12C-58112EEFF0E5.jpeg

8167080B-677C-4635-B2BE-97A4FCED990E.jpeg

4A1313AA-4D4E-4B89-82C8-8D1475034C52.jpeg

Edited by Snow Hill
  • Like 11

Just back from a week on the lovely little Bolette. We went to the Fjords.

It was so relaxing.. no hype, no upselling, just relaxation, in fact at times you could walk half the length and see no-one.  A few kids on board, who were a credit to their parents,  they joined in and were fun.

One thing that struck us was that the Captain and his Senior Officers were out and about constantly and were very approachable.

Luckily I investigated the weather beforehand. I was surprised it was so warm.  We were very glad we took layers.  Most of the time it was just tee shirt tops.

Embarkation was about 30m and we were off before 8 this morning.

We are quite chilled out at the moment!

• Like 9

3 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

Durham is a major university city with several lovely coffee shops.

This one is highly recommended for its location, coffees and cakes.

The castle and cathedral are in the centre of the compact city centre.

Graham.

Screenshot_20220819_204716.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Graham.

Thanks Graham, that looks nice, I know the layout of Durham reasonably well as I lodged there for several months when I worked at Bearpark pit, however that was many moons ago and I am sure there are many changes.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Graham.

OMG! Thought that couple sitting there were supposed to be on holiday in Greece!

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

Personally I love everyone’s photos on here whether it’s gardens, sunrises , hotels, dinners, celebrating a special occasion, a new car , booking a new cruise, I’m celebrating my life !! As on numerous occasions me and my husband have had several near misses, ie , being  rescued in Yellowstone national park fire in 1988, caught in the great San Francisco earthquake 1989, being late for our ferry the Zeebrugge ferry disaster 1987 ( god rest all the 193 that died then ) we being a family of 4 with 2 small children under age 3 , to saying goodbye to my husband in 1990 for the gulf war not knowing if I would ever see him again and numerous occasions after that , I certainly know what’s going on in this world at the moment and feel for everyone going through hard times as we are too, so we are living for everyday while we can enjoy your life as much as you can everyday is precious, so I love to read when others are able to share what ever they can do even if it just going to the beach and having a McFlurry, favourite pizza restaurant, etc , this is a everyday thread and we should be able to post what we’re up to if we want.Rant over I hope I’ve not offended anyone but I’ve kept quiet for a number of years now and I think we’ve all gone through some tough times and still going through them .

• Like 26
  • Thanks 2