P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, kalos said:

Hi majortom  ,I'm glad you appreciate this thread has and is still helping a lot of people on here .

You say a few have upset you and if they have and the post is out of order ,then may I respectfully advise hit the report button ,where Sharon and the others will help if needed .

As you point out Covid maybe getting better but as others have pointed out this one is called .." What are things like where YOU are?"   Which is about our lives ,which can be boring to some. Pies baked ,jet washed cars whatever . There is no rule that say's any CC member must read this thread ,they can always scroll on by ,even hit the ignore button if needed .

So why scrap something that is enjoyed by many because of a few ?

I do hope you continue to post along with the many of us ,until then  -Take care ! 😊

Thank you Kalos.

We had a wonderful church service this Sunday the 10th after Trinity.

I had a nice grilled chicken wrap and a coffee afterwards at our lovely beach view point.

Seaham Hall where the poet Lord Byron was married can be seen from here if we look behind us.

IMG_20220821_114346.jpg

IMG-20220821-WA0002.jpg

IMG_20220821_120439.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, lancashire_cruisers said:

As a somewhat irregular contributor to the thread I’d be sad to see it disappear particularly when it isn’t the general consensus but just the opinion of one or two ‘individuals’ who seem to voice the same opinion every few months or so. 

If people didn’t want the thread they wouldn’t post and it would naturally disappear into the ether. 

So what are things like where I am? Well my daughter graduated and secured her first job within a week of graduating, we’re coming to the end of a 6 month full house renovation and was looking forward to relaxing a wee bit but sadly my Mum had other ideas and passed away just over a week ago so I’m in the process of dealing with her estate and making arrangements whilst somehow trying to find the space to process what’s happened.

Congratulations to your daughter in her graduation and new job.

Sending you our prayers 🙏 and deepest condolences for the sad loss of your mam.

G&P x

• Like 7

32 minutes ago, lancashire_cruisers said:

As a somewhat irregular contributor to the thread I’d be sad to see it disappear particularly when it isn’t the general consensus but just the opinion of one or two ‘individuals’ who seem to voice the same opinion every few months or so. 

If people didn’t want the thread they wouldn’t post and it would naturally disappear into the ether. 

So what are things like where I am? Well my daughter graduated and secured her first job within a week of graduating, we’re coming to the end of a 6 month full house renovation and was looking forward to relaxing a wee bit but sadly my Mum had other ideas and passed away just over a week ago so I’m in the process of dealing with her estate and making arrangements whilst somehow trying to find the space to process what’s happened.

So sorry to hear about your Mum. You must be going through a rollercoaster of emotions…… Look after yourself.

• Like 9

45 minutes ago, lancashire_cruisers said:

So what are things like where I am? Well my daughter graduated and secured her first job within a week of graduating,  but sadly my Mum had other ideas and passed away just over a week ago so I’m in the process of dealing with her estate and making arrangements whilst somehow trying to find the space to process what’s happened.

Happiness and heartbreak all in one go, like others my thoughts are with your family at this sad time,

take care .

• Like 9

1 hour ago, majortom10 said:

I have always been civil and genuine sometimes honesty upsets people and there is always the case where some can upset people without even knowing they have or it is a natural occurrence to them. Unfortunately you may not recall but many genuine posters on this thread and have left because of the way certain people have spoken to them. You have to agree that cannot be right. Whilst we all might have disagreements there is ways of talking to people and be politeful and  with mannners but some seem not to be like that.

I know what you mean,I upset a few Antipodeans back in 2017.I told them a Cockney pie and mash with chilli vinegar knocks all their pies into a cocked hat.

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, brian1 said:

I know what you mean,I upset a few Antipodeans back in 2017.I told them a Cockney pie and mash with chilli vinegar knocks all their pies into a cocked hat.

Just as good you didn't tell them about the Scotch Pie ,my gran used to knock out a belter .

It's the pastry that does it for me 😊

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

I need some ideas from those of you based in the middle of the country please.

We always try to see something new on the way down to Southampton. We travel down the the m6 and we are running out of ideas for half way down. So we have visited for example the Potteries, Wedgewood and Drayton Manor, Chester cathedral etc

So for this trip any ideas for attractions around about an hour up or down from say Knutsford?

You can also add to the list the Trentham Estate. Consists of gardens (chargeable) shopping village and garden centre. Lots of nice eateries and there is a Premier Inn. Just off the M6 at junction 15 on the A34 southbound. 😀

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for your good wishes ❤️. Not the easiest time and the days leading up to her passing were quite traumatic as she refused any medical intervention initially and as both me and my husband work for the NHS it was quite distressing to deal with.

Thankfully she did eventually go into hospital and her passing was pain free and dignified which was all I wanted for her.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

I think people just misinterpret things too, for instance when I called in Costa this morning and ordered my coffee the young lady said; "Is it for sitting in" I said "No, actually I was thinking of drinking it"

Last few days some controversial posts have been made. If folk don't agree the poster does a runner, leaving others to argue about....not much... Here goes. We had cream tea just now, no photo as I don't want to upset anyone......scone...butter....clotted cream... then jam....nor arguments please..you know that's the correct way.

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

7 minutes ago, kalos said:

Just as good you didn't tell them about the Scotch Pie ,my gran used to knock out a belter .

It's the pastry that does it for me 😊

That's the connection,they are both water pastry based.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, zap99 said:

Last few days some controversial posts have been made. If folk don't agree the poster does a runner, leaving others to argue about....not much... Here goes. We had cream tea just now, no photo as I don't want to upset anyone......scone...butter....clotted cream... then jam....nor arguments please..you know that's the correct way.

All the same in ones cakehole.

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, lancashire_cruisers said:

Adding my congratulations to your daughter on her graduation and job. Sorry to hear about your Mum.

Take care.

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, lancashire_cruisers said:

Thank you for your good wishes ❤️. Not the easiest time and the days leading up to her passing were quite traumatic as she refused any medical intervention initially and as both me and my husband work for the NHS it was quite distressing to deal with.

Thankfully she did eventually go into hospital and her passing was pain free and dignified which was all I wanted for her.

So sorry to read your sad news.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, lancashire_cruisers said:

Really sorry to hear about your mum, I can only imagine how difficult it must be for you

Michelle

• Like 6

Just now, wowzz said:

Talking about posters going awol - Harry P seems to gave gone quiet recently. Hope he is OK. 

I think he checked in a few days ago and said he is fine but is pursuing other interests that are more in keeping with his views of the world on forums on which he is allowed to post such opinions.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, pete14 said:

I think he checked in a few days ago and said he is fine but is pursuing other interests that are more in keeping with his views of the world on forums on which he is allowed to post such opinions.

Thank you Pete.

I missed that from Harry but pleased he is okay.

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, pete14 said:

Good to know. 

• Like 4

Thanks for all the great suggestions on places to visit. I have a list and will be keeping it for future reference and to pick something for the forthcoming trip 

Thats where forums like this come into their own. Helpful people sharing their knowledge.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, yorkshirephil said:

I think people just misinterpret things too, for instance when I called in Costa this morning and ordered my coffee the young lady said; "Is it for sitting in" I said "No, actually I was thinking of drinking it"

DW purchased some female undergarments in Doncaster. The young lady assistant said ' if you buy those, you can't change them. I said........nothing.🙊

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

34 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Thanks for all the great suggestions on places to visit. I have a list and will be keeping it for future reference and to pick something for the forthcoming trip 

Thats where forums like this come into their own. Helpful people sharing their knowledge.

Yes, I’ve picked up a lot of good tips and recommendations from this forum over the past few years too. Long may it continue 👍

Agree with Tatton Park as well worth a visit, but suggest Dunham Massey is also worth checking out.  Both are National Trust.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1