P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

6 minutes ago, Britboys said:

I don't know why I stay on this site. Full of evil people from the North and West crowing about rain...😉. It is 20⁰ here and - for the second day it is, in the words of Sting, 'heavy clouds but no rain'. Really dark cloud and breezy but that precious liquid just seems to 'walk on by'.

Up, abluted and breakfasted ready to go and do my weekly stint of archiving at the museum.

Have a good day everyone.

Sorry to rub it in, but it is overcast here and checking the online weather forecast it says 'Bring an umbrella. It's going to rain.' 

I haven't got anything planned, still have no energy or enthusiasm to do much, but at least my last test was negative, so am now allowed out to play!😂 

I ordered some sewing supplies yesterday and when I checked the order had ordered a 20cm zip instead of 20 inches, so will have to ring and see if I can get it changed. Senior moment?

Enjoy your day everyone.

• Like 11

39 minutes ago, purplesea said:

Sorry to rub it in, but it is overcast here and checking the online weather forecast it says 'Bring an umbrella. It's going to rain.' 

I haven't got anything planned, still have no energy or enthusiasm to do much, but at least my last test was negative, so am now allowed out to play!😂 

I ordered some sewing supplies yesterday and when I checked the order had ordered a 20cm zip instead of 20 inches, so will have to ring and see if I can get it changed. Senior moment?

Enjoy your day everyone.

Pleased to hear your last test was negative Pam.

17°C with showers here in Tyne/Wear.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Britboys said:

I don't know why I stay on this site. Full of evil people from the North and West crowing about rain...😉. It is 20⁰ here and - for the second day it is, in the words of Sting, 'heavy clouds but no rain'. Really dark cloud and breezy but that precious liquid just seems to 'walk on by'.

Up, abluted and breakfasted ready to go and do my weekly stint of archiving at the museum.

I think kalos said your rain delivery would be tomorrow🤔😉

Avril

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

Morning everyone, a cloudy day here and looks a bit breezy. I heard it raining during the night. 

I am meeting my mum this morning and going into Lytham for a wander. There is a shop that sells Quail animal vases and I have wanted the elephant one for ages and noticed they had it in the window last Sunday so I am going to treat myself. 

Have a good day everyone 

Michelle

I've never heard of these vases but was interested enough to Google them.................they really are lovely!

3 hours ago, Britboys said:

😈 it has rained here every day this week, particularly heavy this morning but now the sun is coming out to show up the lush green grass and we’ll watered plants.

• Haha 1

Currently 23C here, no wind and very muggy, overcast but rain due this evening, allegedly.

Lawn is slowly return to a green colour after the recent showers, but soil is still dry down to about 5 to  10 cm. My late lettuce seeds are coming on strong, will be transferred to my new veg grow table when it arrives, should have enough lettuce until November. 

Another P&O Mailshot this morning second this week and it’s only Wednesday 

1 hour ago, Eglesbrech said:

😈 it has rained here every day this week, particularly heavy this morning but now the sun is coming out to show up the lush green grass and we’ll watered plants.

Grrrr. We haven't had any real rain for months, so daily watering of my garden, and now my neighbour has gone on holiday, leaving me to look after her garden plus roughly 15 hanging baskets and about 60 pots; my heart sank when I first saw them... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

Quite right. Post a picture of it if you can, I don’t know  what those vases look like. My mental image is probably completely wrong.

Have a nice day out. I’d give anything for just one more day out with my mum, she had been gone for many years now. Make the most while you have her.

I ended up not buying the vase, just wasn’t 100% sure when I looked again. I might change my mind yet.

Here are the other two I have

5365BADE-7570-463D-AF44-5F9BB69B31EF.jpeg

E89633D1-5710-4A85-82DF-9C68FBA6804D.jpeg

• Like 8

I spent the day up at my daughters, looking after her three boys, while she did a shift at the vets. I came home and did my daily dead heading of my summer plants. Sorry if I am becoming a bit boring talking about the deer who regularly visit us but this is the latest meal one has enjoyed. My lovely pink and white trailing begonia is no more.

A88C613F-9DB9-42B6-9C94-CAC659E16C5A.jpeg

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, Jennizor said:

I spent the day up at my daughters, looking after her three boys, while she did a shift at the vets. I came home and did my daily dead heading of my summer plants. Sorry if I am becoming a bit boring talking about the deer who regularly visit us but this is the latest meal one has enjoyed. My lovely pink and white trailing begonia is no more.

Oh deer………🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Jennizor said:

It’s nice to see the deer but just not in your garden especially after all the hard work you put in

Michelle

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Jennizor said:

They don't seem to be eating the dahlia? in the background. According to the British Deer Society the plants below are Deer Resistant but I expect they've eaten these as well in your garden!

DEER-RESISTANT PLANTS

CAMELLIA

CISTUS

FUCHSIA

HELLEBORE

HOSTA

HYDRANGEA

IRIS

LAVENDER

POPPY

PRIMULA

RHODODENDRON

SEDUM

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jennizor said:

Edited by AnnieC
No idea why it posted before I had finished...

Jennizor (sorry, a gremlin is stopping me quoting your post), I have every sympathy with your deer problem. Here, we have regular rabbit incursions and they cause a fair amount of damage, particularly in spring. However, research on google rapidly put it into perspective when compared to the damage caused by deer.

Immensely frustrating to a gardener, so every sympathy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

They don't seem to be eating the dahlia? in the background. According to the British Deer Society the plants below are Deer Resistant but I expect they've eaten these as well in your garden!

DEER-RESISTANT PLANTS

CAMELLIA

CISTUS

FUCHSIA

HELLEBORE

HOSTA

HYDRANGEA

IRIS

LAVENDER

POPPY

PRIMULA

RHODODENDRON

SEDUM

The plant in the background is a Monarda and the three I have are all untouched as are the many dahlias. Perhaps next year I should just concentrate on those and the ones on your list. Thanks for this.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jennizor said:

The plant in the background is a Monarda and the three I have are all untouched as are the many dahlias. Perhaps next year I should just concentrate on those and the ones on your list. Thanks for this.

A longer list from the RHS on the link below, some seem to contradict those on the other list.

Deer-resistant plants / RHS Gardening

2 hours ago, Jennizor said:

LOL,we have wild boar rummaging around our bins at night since lockdown ban on culling in mountains.They are nocturnal and veggies unless cornered.

3 hours ago, brian1 said:

LOL,we have wild boar rummaging around our bins at night since lockdown ban on culling in mountains.They are nocturnal and veggies unless cornered.

Our previously fearless dog disturbed a boar during one of our mountain walks in Spain. Never seen him run as fast !

They are surprisingly large when you see them at close quarters - fortunately Lincolnshire seems boar free at present.

• Like 2