P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

36 minutes ago, zap99 said:

We were chatting to some aging hippies who went to the Isle of Wight festival in the 60's and never left. They referred to the mainland as... North Island.🤣. To us, Hertfordshire is the start of ..... Oop North.

LOL We lived in Harpenden, Hertfordshire for 18 years and rented for the first 9 months. Our Mancunian landlord told us that the area was full of northerners like us, because it was so convenient for the M1 to get back!

Until then I thought ‘north of Watford’ actually meant Watford Gap services 😉

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, mrsgoggins said:

LOL We lived in Harpenden, Hertfordshire for 18 years and rented for the first 9 months. Our Mancunian landlord told us that the area was full of northerners like us, because it was so convenient for the M1 to get back!

Wow, Harpenden. There's posh. AVERAGE sold house price in Harpenden now £960,000+... Three times the price where I am which is 14 miles away...

43 minutes ago, Britboys said:

You get less antagonism from those northerners if you say East of England rather than the South East though...😉😂

Whoops! My bad!!

37 minutes ago, Britboys said:

Wow, Harpenden. There's posh. AVERAGE sold house price in Harpenden now £960,000+... Three times the price where I am which is 14 miles away...

Better not admit where we live then 😉!

Edited by Astrajet
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, mrsgoggins said:

We were in Watford before we moved down here, 35 years ago!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, purplesea said:

We were in Watford before we moved down here, 35 years ago!

Used to visit Watford regularly when we lived in Herts previously between 1987 & 1997. Absolute nightmare now with traffic like central London....

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Astrajet said:

Whoops! My bad!!

Better not admit where we live then 😉!

Well, that either means you are in one of the few places more expensive than Harpenden (like Radlett or Brookmans Park) or one of the cheaper areas like me... 😂

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, twotravellersLondon said:

For anyone who doesn't know Harpenden that well... and who's wondering just how far north of London it really is...

IMG_5112.thumb.jpg.3d479e4d0637426b0c7ef2ed9e6b3261.jpg 

This is just another enjoyable day out in the local park!

My OH's mate was in the Dagenham girl pipers.That's NORTH of the Thames.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

E75FD3B5-F222-4AA0-865B-5093C9EA3016.jpeg.cc1553ffe6fe77defdc99da617968de7.jpeg

Well that made me laugh..

Last week when we were on the lovely Bolette we had  a really beautiful cabin and apart from  having over 20 drawers, most of the walls were mirrored.  In every part of it we could see a mirrored image of ourselves and in one place one mirror image reflecting   another mirrored image, into infinity , if you get my drift.  Hard to explain.

You just couldn't get away from it, and we saw parts of ourselves we haven't seen for years!!!  😚🤣

• Haha 19

1 hour ago, indiana123 said:

You just couldn't get away from it, and we saw parts of ourselves we haven't seen for years!!!  😚🤣

Glad you had a nice cruise and time to reflect and catch up on yourself 😊

I'm not a fan of mirrors. I once looked at my naked body in the mirror...

I thought to myself, "I'm going to get kicked out of Ikea any moment now."😉

• Haha 19

4 hours ago, brian1 said:

Big news, Tony Hadley is at Soverato Arena,6 miles up the road from us.3rd Sept,part of his world tour.Who needs Gary.

Saw him at Warner's at the end of January. Well worth seeing, just as Gary would be.🤣

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kalos said:

Glad you had a nice cruise and time to reflect and catch up on yourself 😊

I'm not a fan of mirrors. I once looked at my naked body in the mirror...

I thought to myself, "I'm going to get kicked out of Ikea any moment now."😉

The Swedes are very open about these things.The mirrors on the ceiling I'd be worried about.

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, Kittyonions said:

I think that photograph would have been taken at the annual Highland Gathering in Rothamsted Park, and not the Carnival!

Of course, no idea why I referred to the Carnival!  Yet another senior moment! 🙄  

19c and breezy here, has been raining but has stopped for now.

First day for a week today where we have a free day after having work done on the house and appointments. I had an opticians appointment yesterday for a contact lens check , all ok but had to have an ingrowing lower eyelash removed (never knew there was such a thing!), I wondered why that eye felt sore sometimes.

• Like 3

Morning everyone, a cloudy day here and looks a bit breezy. I heard it raining during the night. 

I am meeting my mum this morning and going into Lytham for a wander. There is a shop that sells Quail animal vases and I have wanted the elephant one for ages and noticed they had it in the window last Sunday so I am going to treat myself. 

Have a good day everyone 

Michelle

• Like 10

23 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Morning everyone, a cloudy day here and looks a bit breezy. I heard it raining during the night. 

I am meeting my mum this morning and going into Lytham for a wander. There is a shop that sells Quail animal vases and I have wanted the elephant one for ages and noticed they had it in the window last Sunday so I am going to treat myself. 

Have a good day everyone 

Michelle

Quite right. Post a picture of it if you can, I don’t know  what those vases look like. My mental image is probably completely wrong.

Have a nice day out. I’d give anything for just one more day out with my mum, she had been gone for many years now. Make the most while you have her.

• Like 8

I don't know why I stay on this site. Full of evil people from the North and West crowing about rain...😉. It is 20⁰ here and - for the second day it is, in the words of Sting, 'heavy clouds but no rain'. Really dark cloud and breezy but that precious liquid just seems to 'walk on by'.

Up, abluted and breakfasted ready to go and do my weekly stint of archiving at the museum.

Have a good day everyone.

• Like 11