P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

We have traditional mahogany furniture and Lladro ornaments which Pauline picked.

Our Sarah likes modern and Art Deco furniture.

As long as everyone is happy with their choices that's all that matters.

Personally,  we like IKEA,  and no ornaments. And any colour as long as it is white  or black.  

We passed a petrol station earlier and the diesel was £1.76/litre - although still way too expensive I have a theory that now the papers and tv channels are more interested in the price of gas and electricity the price of fuel at the pumps is dropping.

Anyone else noticed this?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Waju said:

We passed a petrol station earlier and the diesel was £1.76/litre - although still way too expensive I have a theory that now the papers and tv channels are more interested in the price of gas and electricity the price of fuel at the pumps is dropping.

Anyone else noticed this?

Since mid July our supermarket has dropped the price by about 20p a litre. Worth having.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, wowzz said:

Our previously fearless dog disturbed a boar during one of our mountain walks in Spain. Never seen him run as fast !

They are surprisingly large when you see them at close quarters - fortunately Lincolnshire seems boar free at present.

I haven't seen one yet,but our neighbour saw a huge one trying to prise open our food waste bin last week.We see deep grooves at the side of the road where they forage.It's a shame.

• Like 1

Happy you have eventually got some rain , we have too now for the next few hours it’s dampened our beach plans this morning but the rain is more important for now, beach tomorrow instead, hope you have a good soaking and I mean that in the politeness of ways

• Like 8

15 minutes ago, Britboys said:

Oh what a beautiful morning, oh what a beautiful day...

It's raining rain, hallelujah, it's raining rain!

Thanks Kalos, wonderful delivery service

Thought you'd be a happy bunny this morning! There are actually puddles! Yippee 🙂

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Son of Anarchy said:

Got back from Scotland a couple of days ago.  Tesco Greenock, £1.72 per litre for petrol.  Tesco Sarfend same day 11p per litre cheaper.  Even lots of the petrol stations on the A1 were cheaper or the same price compared to Tesco in Greenock.

There is a Costco not too far from us and diesel is apparently £1.50 something - there always seems to be a queue 'round the block'.  If they can do it why can't the others?

My point is - when the press stop talking about things as something more interesting comes along everything seems to calm down.  Think back to the fuel shortages a few months ago, I'm convinced that wouldn't  have happened had the press not hyped it up!

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

Morning everyone, cloudy here this morning but no breeze. 

Taking my mum into St Annes for a coffee and a bit of shopping. I have noticed over the last couple of months she doesn’t want to go out as much, she is 88 so understandable but it brings it home she is getting older.

Hubby working in the office in Skipton today much to his disgust, he hates the travelling now since working from home. 

Have a nice day everyone 

Michelle

• Like 9

40 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Morning everyone, cloudy here this morning but no breeze. 

Taking my mum into St Annes for a coffee and a bit of shopping. I have noticed over the last couple of months she doesn’t want to go out as much, she is 88 so understandable but it brings it home she is getting older.

Hubby working in the office in Skipton today much to his disgust, he hates the travelling now since working from home. 

Have a nice day everyone 

Michelle

Have a good day with your Mum.  My mother doesn't get out much either, as she is dependent of someone taking her. She'll be 90 this year.

After raining all evening and night it is now mainly sunny again, although there is a bit of a breeze, and it's expected to stay that way for a while.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Pam 

• Like 6

44 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Absolutely!!!

Totally agree, everyone has different tastes and views from cars to furnishings to holidays and we all should respect that

Michelle

I agree, no need for it. Talking of taste does anyone remember the NETTO store's ?

Mrs K once came back from one with a tin of beans with diced beetroot !

I said "What have you bought this for ? " she said " 5p shut up and eat your  tea "😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Britboys said:

Oh what a beautiful morning, oh what a beautiful day...

It's raining rain, hallelujah, it's raining rain!

Thanks Kalos, wonderful delivery service...

Same to the north east of you in Norfolk.

How long before we're allowed to start moaning about it?🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Lowest petrol price around here is now £1.66 which is down from £1.90 in July, the current price is roughly where it was in early May. 

I see that Supermarkets are rightly promoting wonky fruit and veg to help the farmers with the dry weather affecting crops. No doubt it is also so that they have enough produce on the shelves to sell.  Surprisingly I noticed that a supermarket had wonky strawberries slightly more expensive than normal ones! I hope that the recent rain will help some of the late autumn and winter crops recover a bit. From what I've seen the fruit trees and shrubs seem to have really good crops this year but of course they have deeper roots.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

Lowest petrol price around here is now £1.66 which is down from £1.90 in July, the current price is roughly where it was in early May. 

I see that Supermarkets are rightly promoting wonky fruit and veg to help the farmers with the dry weather affecting crops. No doubt it is also so that they have enough produce on the shelves to sell.  Surprisingly I noticed that a supermarket had wonky strawberries slightly more expensive than normal ones! I hope that the recent rain will help some of the late autumn and winter crops recover a bit. From what I've seen the fruit trees and shrubs seem to have really good crops this year but of course they have deeper roots.

Our apple trees have a lot of fruit this year, more than usual. I feel a large batch of apple chutney coming to a place near here soon.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Eglesbrech said:

Our apple trees have a lot of fruit this year, more than usual. I feel a large batch of apple chutney coming to a place near here soon.

Reports here in Kent that apple crops have been ruined, essentially cooked on the trees