P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

4 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

Personally I love everyone’s photos on here whether it’s gardens, sunrises , hotels, dinners, celebrating a special occasion, a new car , booking a new cruise, I’m celebrating my life !! As on numerous occasions me and my husband have had several near misses, ie , being  rescued in Yellowstone national park fire in 1988, caught in the great San Francisco earthquake 1989, being late for our ferry the Zeebrugge ferry disaster 1987 ( god rest all the 193 that died then ) we being a family of 4 with 2 small children under age 3 , to saying goodbye to my husband in 1990 for the gulf war not knowing if I would ever see him again and numerous occasions after that , I certainly know what’s going on in this world at the moment and feel for everyone going through hard times as we are too, so we are living for everyday while we can enjoy your life as much as you can everyday is precious, so I love to read when others are able to share what ever they can do even if it just going to the beach and having a McFlurry, favourite pizza restaurant, etc , this is a everyday thread and we should be able to post what we’re up to if we want.Rant over I hope I’ve not offended anyone but I’ve kept quiet for a number of years now and I think we’ve all gone through some tough times and still going through them .

I was going to ask do you fancy a trip to Mt Etna with us.Not too sure now.

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, brian1 said:

I was going to ask do you fancy a trip to Mt Etna with us.Not too sure now.

Ha ha I think our bad luck run out late 90s , with selling a beautiful car which someone brought of us to specifically end their life in very sad , so no we’re pass on coming to Mt Etna with you  even now we’ve been trouble free for 20 years 🥴

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Dermotsgirl said:

😂

There are a few village churchyards I’d like to visit for family graves, but I’ll stop short of digging up the ancestors! 😂

Hope you have better luck than I did on Wednesday visited a churchyard for a client, to find it all the headstones removed and the churchyard was all grass, some of the headstones were against wall, but not all survive. I know where many of my ancestors were buried, but most were too poor to afford a headstone. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

Personally I love everyone’s photos on here whether it’s gardens, sunrises , hotels, dinners, celebrating a special occasion, a new car , booking a new cruise, I’m celebrating my life !! As on numerous occasions me and my husband have had several near misses, ie , being  rescued in Yellowstone national park fire in 1988, caught in the great San Francisco earthquake 1989, being late for our ferry the Zeebrugge ferry disaster 1987 ( god rest all the 193 that died then ) we being a family of 4 with 2 small children under age 3 , to saying goodbye to my husband in 1990 for the gulf war not knowing if I would ever see him again and numerous occasions after that , I certainly know what’s going on in this world at the moment and feel for everyone going through hard times as we are too, so we are living for everyday while we can enjoy your life as much as you can everyday is precious, so I love to read when others are able to share what ever they can do even if it just going to the beach and having a McFlurry, favourite pizza restaurant, etc , this is a everyday thread and we should be able to post what we’re up to if we want.Rant over I hope I’ve not offended anyone but I’ve kept quiet for a number of years now and I think we’ve all gone through some tough times and still going through them .

Well said Sandra @Purdey16

Wow you have had some lucky escapes.

What are Things Like Where You Are?

This is the thread title so everything you have mentioned  can be posted here as long as we abide by cc rules and I'm sure it has helped everyone who has posted since March 21st 2020 when the thread started.

Graham.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Looking back most of us have supported each other, one way or another and lets 

keep smiling and moving forward ,helping where we can .:classic_love:

I went to our local shop and said  to the girl behind the counter ....

..."I need a battery so I can tell the time." 

She asked me  "Is it for a clock?"

I answered..."I don't know! That's why I need the battery!"😁😁

Have a good day everyone 😊

• Like 2
  • Haha 12

45 years separates these two photos of Stockholm. One from my first ever cruise (1977), the second from last week . Nice to see little has changed, except the first time, ours ship was at anchor, last week we docked. I wonder if the tall ship ever moved?

177 Tender landing for Vistafjord at Stockholm.jpg

P1100994.JPG

• Like 19

10 minutes ago, Host Sharon said:

45 years separates these two photos of Stockholm. One from my first ever cruise (1977), the second from last week . Nice to see little has changed, except the first time, ours ship was at anchor, last week we docked. I wonder if the tall ship ever moved?

177 Tender landing for Vistafjord at Stockholm.jpg

P1100994.JPG

Did you sail up the Archipelago into Stockholm?

We did on Royal Caribbean Serenade of the seas in May 2015 during our Baltic cruise and it was several hours of beautiful scenery which we enjoyed sitting on our balcony.

Graham 

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

This is the thread title so everything you have mentioned  can be posted here as long as we abide by cc rules and I'm sure it has helped everyone who has posted since March 21st 2020 when the thread started.

Graham.

I agree with you Graham.

I registered and began posting February 1st 2020, after lurking for some time and being drawn in by an interesting Aurora topic, and I don't know how I would have fared during the pandemic if not for this thread. To know that there was always someone to talk to, give advice or encouragement was comforting, and now here we are, still together, the same caring community in more happier times. I think we know each other just a little more now, enough to be able to share certain things and some of life's experiences together.

I, like I'm sure all on here, worry about others during this new problem now affecting our country and indeed the world, but refusing to live our day to day lives does not change someone elses life for the better. Help where we can, but keep posting as usual on this thread, as we shouldn't be ashamed of who or what we are, it doesn't alter the situation we are in, but it helps to keep us going.

This is purely my own opinion and not meant to offend anyone.

Avril

• Like 19
  • Thanks 4

2 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I agree with you Graham.

I registered and began posting February 1st 2020, after lurking for some time and being drawn in by an interesting Aurora topic, and I don't know how I would have fared during the pandemic if not for this thread. To know that there was always someone to talk to, give advice or encouragement was comforting, and now here we are, still together, the same caring community in more happier times. I think we know each other just a little more now, enough to be able to share certain things and some of life's experiences together.

I, like I'm sure all on here, worry about others during this new problem now affecting our country and indeed the world, but refusing to live our day to day lives does not change someone elses life for the better. Help where we can, but keep posting as usual on this thread, as we shouldn't be ashamed of who or what we are, it doesn't alter the situation we are in, but it helps to keep us going.

This is purely my own opinion and not meant to offend anyone.

Avril

Thank you for your lovely post Avril.

You have been an inspiration to me and I'm sure to everyone else.

This thread has brought us all together during the dreadful pandemic and the comaderie among us is something I will always be grateful for.

Graham.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Morning peeps

i agree with graham and avril. This thread that’s been going for so long now will have helped many when we were all a little bit alone. 

I have one week to go till I’m back on a cruise. Slightly apprehensive though as it’s not with p&o and I’m one of those people who likes what they know and doesn’t really like new things. I haven’t even started packing yet. It’s been a long 4 weeks so far with the school holidays. Will be nice to relax a bit. 

• Like 11

16 minutes ago, purplesea said:

I also agree with what has been said and I, along with many others, have benefitted from this thread over the past couple of years. I have had support and encouragement from all on here and feel as though I am among friends. 

Pam 

I hope you're feeling a little better today Pam. x

Avril

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Vampiress88 said:

Morning peeps

i agree with graham and avril. This thread that’s been going for so long now will have helped many when we were all a little bit alone. 

I have one week to go till I’m back on a cruise. Slightly apprehensive though as it’s not with p&o and I’m one of those people who likes what they know and doesn’t really like new things. I haven’t even started packing yet. It’s been a long 4 weeks so far with the school holidays. Will be nice to relax a bit. 

We have taken the plunge and booked as well for later in the year so I’ll be looking out for your thoughts on it and picking your brains once you are back.

I’m sure you will have a wonderful time.

The school holidays are over here and all the children back with their nice new uniforms - let’s see how long it takes for shoes to be scuffed and trousers ripped! We go a walk every day and pass the school so I see just what they get up to in the playground!

• Like 1

Just to say that I know initially this thread was to help us all to have some 'online company'  for advice, interest and amusement in a difficult time - but unfortunately times are still problematic, in other ways, and it would be sad to see it come to an end.  Hoping this will not happen any time soon, as they say.

• Like 10

Weather here doesn't seem to know what to do, it's sunny, it's not then a short shower, shall I go out or stay in?

While I was pondering this I started flicking through one of the cruise booklets from a TA that popped through the door this morning, I noticed they have started calling tips "crew appreciation" costs on Princess, which seems odd as the US usually shorten things or use acronyms, so while I ponder this further I will pop to the bladder evacuation chamber. Have a good day folks and hopefully those with the dreaded lurgy are improving.

• Haha 6

16 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

I will pop to the bladder evacuation chamber.

Or more commonly known as 'The Throne Room' in our abode.😉

In Thailand a popular expression was going to the Phi Phi(pee pee) island.😁

Avril

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, kalos said:

Looking back most of us have supported each other, one way or another and lets 

keep smiling and moving forward ,helping where we can .:classic_love:

I went to our local shop and said  to the girl behind the counter ....

..."I need a battery so I can tell the time." 

She asked me  "Is it for a clock?"

I answered..."I don't know! That's why I need the battery!"😁😁

Have a good day everyone 😊

Took me a few reads as well.🤣

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, purplesea said:

Thank you Avril.

I am still testing positive, feeling tired and lightheaded, but improving. 

Pleased to hear you are improving Pam.

I had been for physio check up at the health centre on Monday morning for my knees and I felt a bit iffy on Thursday and Friday and did 3 tests which were all negative but feel fine today.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Or more commonly known as 'The Throne Room' in our abode.😉

In Thailand a popular expression was going to the Phi Phi(pee pee) island.😁

Avril

Hope Phoo Phoo island was close by sis,bro.

• Haha 3