P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 minute ago, kalos said:

Tell your team mate "The windows remain closed" as the air con is cooling the car and open

windows cause drag using more fuel.

The other option is easy ,get a taxi if they don't like it .

Very similar to my husband's thoughts, he said just take the one that I usually give a lift to and tell the other one to follow in her own car because she says that she doesn't know the way to this particular green.

• Like 1

Our hottest day down here so far! 

Been a busy here this morning. One daughter sent a text last night asking if she could borrow my car this morning, so I dived out early to get milk as ours had gone off! Granddaughter arrived asking can I alter her dress so she can take it on holiday tomorrow, my daughter arrived to collect my car and another other daughter and her husband arrived on their way back from the beach. They've all gone but looks like we're having a BBQ on Saturday here!! 

Take care and try and stay cool.

• Like 6

Nice and cool here, just 30⁰.... Been out to meet a friend for coffee so had a nice natter sitting out on their shaded terrace. The A1 was very busy coming back up for some reason. Had my usual sarnie lunch and have all the doors, windows and curtains/blinds closed to keep the house cool.

Just a few odds and ends to sort this afternoon and then a quiet evening in.

• Like 4

Well just when you could do with a cooling see breeze, you don't get one!! But not complaining because before too long we'll be wishing it was warmer and that the breeze/strong winds would go away.

My good lady is going to London for the weekend to see our daughter and suspect that my cold wind bitten Yorkie lady may find it a tad warm🥵

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Neecy1 said:

Skiathos. Holidayed here a good few times. Can't believe they still allow people to be that close. Madness. 

We went to Skiathos several years ago. Brilliant holiday, tiny airport though. On our return journey, after we checked in we were told to go to the bar across the road as flights announcements were made there. There was a great atmosphere there and lovely way to finish off the holiday.

Pretty hot here on the Welsh coast .. about 26 degrees but a nice breeze. Expecting it to get hotter but am sure we will survive and compared to August in Cyprus this really isn't that hot. We do miss the air con  though and the cat now hates her fur coat !!!! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jennizor said:

We went to Skiathos several years ago. Brilliant holiday, tiny airport though. On our return journey, after we checked in we were told to go to the bar across the road as flights announcements were made there. There was a great atmosphere there and lovely way to finish off the holiday.

Yes I remember that bar. Skiathos is such a beautiful island. We used to take off then land again at Thessaloniki to refuel. Not sure if that still happens. 

11 minutes ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

Down to 24c outside now so have thrown open the windows but not a breath of wind to blow through the house.

Sony to brag but the breeze feels a little cool here now in Wales ....  :‐) 

Edited by Presto2
  • Like 3

It was definitely too hot for bowling this evening but we were treated to a lovely display of the Red Arrows flying over the green.  They must have been on the way back from a display somewhere but it was lovely to see them and they even had the Red smoke coming out of them as they went over us.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Presto2 said:

Love the Red Arrows. Only seen them once when I was about 13 ! Looking forward to the Rhyl Air Show at the end of the month ...

Temp outside now about 19 so lovely fresh air.

We are very fortunate as the red arrows make an appearance every year at armed forces day , this year we had a spitfire as well 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

It was definitely too hot for bowling this evening but we were treated to a lovely display of the Red Arrows flying over the green.  They must have been on the way back from a display somewhere but it was lovely to see them and they even had the Red smoke coming out of them as they went over us.

They did a display in Falmouth on Wednesday as part of the Falmouth Week event.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Neecy1 said:

Yes I remember that bar. Skiathos is such a beautiful island. We used to take off then land again at Thessaloniki to refuel. Not sure if that still happens. 

Yes, we had to go via Thessaloniki but like you not sure if it still happens.

I have been lucky to see the Red Arrows loads of times over the years .

Last time we went  to see the Red Arrows, there were  so many near misses, screams

of "ooh" and "aah"

Eventually though , my wife managed to park the car and we saw the show. 😀😀😀

• Haha 9