Cruises to resume after April 12, 2020 ?

mrstanley

1 hour ago, v4e said:

It appears Regent has canceled some cruises but have not posted yet.  I just placed my cruise itinerary number into the Regent refund request page.  It now is allowing me to take a refund for my Explorer May cruise.  I expect the web site got ahead of marketing.  

Hi v4e,

Did you complete the process?  I was also able to establish that it would accept my booking for refund.  I didn’t complete it since I work through a TA.  Nothing else on the website indicates any other changes from the last announcement that I can see.

Mad

Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings today announced an extension of its previously announced voluntary suspension of all cruise voyages to include voyages embarking between April 12 and May 10, 2020 for its three cruise brands: Norwegian, Regent and Oceania.

“With COVID-19 continuing to have a significant impact on communities throughout the world, we are extending our temporary suspension of cruise voyages across our three brands through May 10th,” said Frank Del Rio, president and chief executive officer of Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings. “While we understand this disruption may inconvenience our loyal guests and valued travel partners, we are committed first and foremost to protecting the safety, security and well-being of our guests, crew, and the communities we visit. We appreciate their continued understanding as we navigate through these unprecedented times and do our part to help global efforts to contain this pandemic.”

Guests who are currently booked on voyages with embarkation dates between March 13 and May 10, 2020 on Norwegian Cruise Line, Oceania Cruises or Regent Seven Seas Cruises are asked to contact their travel agent or the cruise line for more information.

• Like 2

We are on this same cruise.  Can you please tell me where to go on the Regent site to do this?  I have three separate booking numbers.  Do I need to go through my TA?  I had emailed her earlier today for an update but have not had a reply yet.

Thank you -- so sad as this was a fabulous itinerary  😞  Hope they do it again at a future safe time.

Regent Seven Seas Cruises
General COVID-19 Coronavirus Travel Advisory

Updated as of March 30, 2020

GENERAL TRAVEL ADVISORY

The safety, security and well-being of our guests, crew and communities we visit is our number one priority.

Regent Seven Seas Cruises continues to closely monitor the COVID-19 coronavirus situation and the global health environment. With COVID-19 continuing to impact communities and ports around the globe, we have extended our voluntary temporary suspension of voyages embarking through May 10, 2020. We plan to recommence operations beginning May 11, 2020. For more information for impacted guests on these voyages, click here.

We are committed to taking all appropriate steps and actions to combat the spread of COVID-19 and are working closely and in partnership with local, state, federal and global agencies. While this may result in additional future changes, please know our teams are working around the clock to do what is right by our guests and travel partners. We continue to monitor this situation closely and will provide additional updates as they are available.

To ensure guests feel confident about sailing with Regent, we expanded Regent Reassurance to include all existing and new reservations made by May 31, 2020 on Regent Seven Seas Cruises voyages embarking on or before December 31, 2020, guests who have paid in full have the option to cancel up to 48 hours prior to departure date and receive a 100% Future Cruise Credit, which can be applied to any new reservation within one year on any Regent voyage sailing before December 31, 2022.

Please check back for regular updates.

For frequently asked questions and information regarding the Coronavirus, please visit the following websites:

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, flossie009 said:

Thanks, @JVNYC, for posting today's press release.

This may have been asked before, but why does the Regent website show all cruises with departures to the end of June to be waitlisted for all suite categories? Are Regent no longer accepting bookings on cruises departing between mid May and the end of June? 

That would be my guess.  It's been like this for awhile.  Additionally, on a TA website that I use to see what cabins are available, there are no cruises listed until mid August.  My guess is they don't want anyone booking a cruise that they're likely going to cancel.

27 minutes ago, papaflamingo said:

That would be my guess.  It's been like this for awhile.  Additionally, on a TA website that I use to see what cabins are available, there are no cruises listed until mid August.  My guess is they don't want anyone booking a cruise that they're likely going to cancel.

And Jason just made a pitch for people to join him and his family on Explorer 11 June; but, since you can't book it; seems king of silly to make the pitch.

Marc

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Travelcat2 said:

Where did you guys read this?  May 10th and May 22nd is a big difference for us since we have a cruise booked for May 12th.

Thanks much.

P.S.  Found this:

Image may contain: ocean, possible text that says 'NCL OPERATIONS UPDATE Your safety is our #1 priority-both on and off our ships. Due to the current global environment, we voluntarily suspended sailings across our fleet through April 11, 2020. Today, we are extending this suspension through May 10, 2020 with plans to relaunch cruise operations with embarkations beginning May 11, 2020. We are thinking of each and every one of you, and together we will return to our favorite place the ocean, than ever.'

This is not possible on this timescale!!

GET REAL

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, GrJ Berkshire said:

This is not possible on this timescale!!

GET REAL

No need to be unkind.  We are well aware that this cruise will be cancelled.  We were actually hoping that it would be cancelled now but will have to wait a few weeks.  

If things improve in the U.S., it is possible that "some" cruises could go forward.  Regent wants (and likely needs) to be sailing as soon as it is safe to do so.  

• Like 2