NIEUW STATENDAM IN PORT EVERGLADES SUNDAY 29 MAR 2020

Copper10-8

Another, now infrequent, dam ship appearance in Ft. Lauderdale/Port Everglades during these uncertain times! HAL's still newest ship, Nieuw Statendam will be making her presence known on Sunday, March 29, 2020 in order to take on fuel, water and some stores, as well as a small bit of crew turnover. She is due in at 0700 hrs local and going to berth 19. Prelim departure is scheduled for 5:00 PM

Two others members of the Holland America Group are scheduled to make an appearance; Sky Princess arriving at 0600 hrs. local and assigned berth 26, and her stablemate Regal Princess, arriving at 0630 hrs local, and assigned to berth 02. Regal is scheduled to depart at 4:00 PM and Sky, like Nieuw S., at 5:00 PM 

The webcams can be found at:

https://www.portevergladeswebcam.com/

https://www.ftlauderdalewebcam.com/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Wonderful to wake up to the sight of NSD berthing in FL, we so miss our Sunday afternoon sat by the fire watching the Dam ships depart Ft Lauderdale. Our hearts go out to the Pacific ocean ships. We took Rotterdam TA in November and travelled  on Zaandam in January to Antarctica, so many wonderful memories of the fantastic crews and how they would always go the extra mile for us, now they are doing it for each other. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Copper10-8 said:

Another, now infrequent, dam ship appearance in Ft. Lauderdale/Port Everglades during these uncertain times! HAL's still newest ship, Nieuw Statendam will be making her presence known on Sunday, March 29, 2020 in order to take on fuel, water and some stores, as well as a small bit of crew turnover. She is due in at 0700 hrs local and going to berth 19. Prelim departure is scheduled for 5:00 PM

Two others members of the Holland America Group are scheduled to make an appearance; Sky Princess arriving at 0600 hrs. local and assigned berth 26, and her stablemate Regal Princess, arriving at 0630 hrs local, and assigned to berth 02. Regal is scheduled to depart at 4:00 PM and Sky, like Nieuw S., at 5:00 PM 

The webcams can be found at:

https://www.portevergladeswebcam.com/

https://www.ftlauderdalewebcam.com/

John:   I never thought I would say this of a Pinnacle Class ship but she is a sight for sore eyes.  I traveled on her first as a passenger and later I was Chaplain on her. I sure hope this bloody pandemic ends soon so things can get back to normal.  Thank You for the "heads Up."

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Queen of DaNile said:

We're still scheduled for the April 19 TA. 😲 Let's see where she goes when she leaves port.

I seriously doubt any ships will be taking on passengers in 3 weeks time.  Most borders in Europe are closed.  Holland & Spain, the itinerary for this TA are closed.  Everybody needs to chill and stay home and forget about cruises for awhile.  HAL needs to step up, cancel their cruises, and offer compensation packages for booked passengers 

5 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

i had been planning for the May 10th sailing from Amsterdam to Baltics, but, as they say, ship happens....

VMax 1700:  How are things in Ireland, the land of all my ancestors?

7 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

A few aircraft movements this morning!

Have to wonder how they are working the ATC there.  My DD is ATC in Gander, and they have been formed into groups that may only work together, one week on and two weeks off, to self-isolate and monitor their health.  If anyone gets ill in their "group" everyone has to quarantine.  They cover the whole of the North Atlantic traffic. She said the flights are down in number, but planes are still flying.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

Have to wonder how they are working the ATC there.  My DD is ATC in Gander, and they have been formed into groups that may only work together, one week on and two weeks off, to self-isolate and monitor their health.  If anyone gets ill in their "group" everyone has to quarantine.  They cover the whole of the North Atlantic traffic. She said the flights are down in number, but planes are still flying.

What could they do if one got sick?  One week on and one off for the other two?  Hopefully the traffic will decline even more as more people get home.

Roy