Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

So I did not get to clean yesterday. I decided today was not going to be a good day either. I am continuing to gather and organize for our soon to be cruise just a mere 25 days away. Today I got “thee” earrings out of the safe. 

I was fortunate to have been gifted them on a recent cruise(as recent as they get maybe 4 years ago). They are made by the master and only few were made. 

First  you have to gather the drink swizzle sticks. Carefully remove the tops then gently wire them.  

Shown  below. 

343674E9-9CD2-4ABE-B614-3B36803CC12D.jpeg

Edited by Lionesss
  • Like 11

41 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I'm thinking about going for the S22 when it comes out though my S8 still works fine. Sometimes I wish I had gone for the S20 since it still had the SD card slot. How do you like the S21?

I know I am stuck in the same situation I don't want to lose capability of having the SD card either.   I have absolutely no desire to use the cloud either.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

You may be able to help me with another buy.  I have been looking at the dji pocket 2.  I like the gimbal and the angles you can film at.  Also stuff like time lapse and tracking.  But I see that September 17 I could order the new dji Osmo 5.  They say it will handle this phone

I forget who the YouTube content provider who had the DJI Pocket but it’s video looked great and best of all it’s so small you can really put it in your pocket. It’s basically a smaller version of a Go Pro. I like that it has a 3 axis gimbal. 

the Osmo is nice with that magnetic attachment for phones. It’s obviously cheaper than the DJI Pocket so that can be a factor.

Bottom line with the Osmo you just get stabilization and are limited to your phones photo and video quality. With the pocket you get the stabilization along with 4K video (which phone may have) and 64mp camera (which phone will not have) so more features on the pocket but also more expensive. 

if you already have a later model Go Pro that has stabilization I say get the Osmo. If not get the pocket.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

@lenquixote66

You are definetely an ANGEL in disguise.

Thank God you were there to help your wive's coworker in her time of need.

I believe in good Karma.  I do not seek revenge in any way or form to anyone by wishing them bad Karma.

You and your wife deserve great things.  And as the time for her surgery is rescheduled I will light a candle at our churches Blessed Mother Mary statue.  She has helped me in the past by lets just say I believe in miracles, and a little help from above never hurt anyone.

Keep us posted.

Take care, be safe, stay calm

All my caring concern.

Sue

Addendum:  I see the surgery is this Friday.  Got the Mrs. Covered.  Prayers for the quickest safest healing.

Thank you so very much.I am at a loss for words to properly thank you.

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I do recall receiving a couple of them maybe last spring or late winter but haven't in a while.     After Eric's Identity was stolen last March we are on high security alert for everything and anything.

As I have posted here before I was the victim of Identity theft twice.The FBI officer assigned to me told my wife and I never to post pictures or family names on the internet.As much as I would like to do so on Dani’s thread I cannot take the chance.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I'm thinking about going for the S22 when it comes out though my S8 still works fine. Sometimes I wish I had gone for the S20 since it still had the SD card slot. How do you like the S21?

My S8 was not compatible to some newer version of apps and downloads.
I had to get something fixed and they said they do not make that for S8 anymore. It was working so I kept it till I dropped it flat on its face and the front glass smashed. .glass kept shattering every few hours like a ripple effect. $250 down at the you fix I break store...eventually upgraded to S21. not that glass breaking cannot happen again. I miss my PINK otter box defender case which I had on my older phones.......cannot find it anymore anywhere!!!!!!.☹️

14 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

👇    Unfortunately, there is probably a lot of hugging and kissing of the bride and groom that doesn't help these days.   Hopefully everyone has a full and speedy recovery.   

They are now past the exposure time for anyone else, so luckily it holds at the twenty and all are recovered as far as my son knows.  They were concerned that the grandmother or some of the older relatives were going to get it but it was the younger crowd (25-35ish).  All vaccinated or at least stated they were, none of these weddings checked vaccine cards.  

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I just received it a while ago. Letting it charge right now so I can transfer data over from my s7 edge. I almost didn’t get the s7 because it didn’t have a SD slot but I have not missed it.  I wanted to get this one with 512gb but they were not available so I got 256gb.  I also miss being able to replace the battery which I could before the s7.  I remember the only reason I got my first cell phone was after I had my first stent my family said I must get one.  Now after retiring I use it mainly for a hot spot for the iPad.  I am looking forward to getting more use out of this one with the cameras.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

I also think it boils down to what you are used to and comfortable with. Canon is a great camera. I think mirrorless is the future. If you wanted to switch to Sony and keep your great Canon lenses, there are some really good adapters out there like Metabones. 

I am not into cameras at all but many years ago before people were only taking black and white photos a co-worker went to Sweden and bought a large amount of cameras.He sold 40 to my co-workers .I had no idea about what the cost should be but I bought one from him for $100 .He threw in a case for photo accessories.The camera was too sophisticated for me and he would not buy it back.I went to a store in Manhattan that bought used cameras.He offered me $80 ,I took it but I kept the accessories bag which I still have.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I rarely use a phone so for that reason I don’t get internet on cruises.  With this I am using the OBC to get internet so I can share the cruise!  What I liked about this is the 3x and 10x optical zoom.  I will let you know how that works out.  

You may be able to help me with another buy.  I have been looking at the dji pocket 2.  I like the gimbal and the angles you can film at.  Also stuff like time lapse and tracking.  But I see that September 17 I could order the new dji Osmo 5.  They say it will handle this phone where the Osmo 4 does not.  Have you looked at any of this?

I was looking at the Sony A7R III. That looks nice. I bet you would enjoy it.

Laura bought me a gimble a few years ago. I almost never use it. It works great, but screams dork.🤣🤣

20210914_140320.thumb.jpg.af1190814564aec76360bf4fd47667c3.jpg

I last used it on Allure TA while Periscoping the aqua show from our suite

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I am not sure if anyone else answered your question.    but roasting garlic is a great option especially since you grow your own garlic.     

It's really easy to roast.     Keeping the garlic as a whole bulb peel offer the top layer of the paper like skin,  cut off about 1/4" +/- of the cone end of the bulk, place one garlic bulb into each section of a muffin pan or several into aluminum foil, drizzle with olive oil and rub the olive into the exposed ends of the garlic, then fully wrap up in the foil or if using a muffin pan put foil over the top of the muffin pan, then roast at 400 for about 30 minutes.     I use my toaster oven.     

Once they are cooled down you can either store as is or you can squeeze the paste like garlic into a container and it is good to use for several weeks or you can even freeze them like this.       The paste is great for many things, it is easier for your body to digest too.

great for adding to mashed potatoes, sauces, spread onto pizza dough before adding sauce or toppings, spread onto burgers, steaks, etc etc.     

It is delicious and gives the garlic a whole new flavor and texture.     Try it - you will like it!😋

Thanks! Going to try this. Love my Garlic!!!!!!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

My S8 was not compatible to some newer version of apps and downloads.
I had to get something fixed and they said they do not make that for S8 anymore. It was working so I kept it till I dropped it flat on its face and the front glass smashed. .glass kept shattering every few hours like a ripple effect. $250 down at the you fix I break store...eventually upgraded to S21. not that glass breaking cannot happen again. I miss my PINK otter box defender case which I had on my older phones.......cannot find it anymore anywhere!!!!!!.☹️

I'm unimpressed with ubreakifix after the sorry battery replacement on my S9. 

Definitely thinking about upgrading, but I have so many Alexa things on it, that I'm overwhelmed with the transfer

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I am not sure if anyone else answered your question.    but roasting garlic is a great option especially since you grow your own garlic.     

It's really easy to roast.     Keeping the garlic as a whole bulb peel offer the top layer of the paper like skin,  cut off about 1/4" +/- of the cone end of the bulk, place one garlic bulb into each section of a muffin pan or several into aluminum foil, drizzle with olive oil and rub the olive into the exposed ends of the garlic, then fully wrap up in the foil or if using a muffin pan put foil over the top of the muffin pan, then roast at 400 for about 30 minutes.     I use my toaster oven.     

Once they are cooled down you can either store as is or you can squeeze the paste like garlic into a container and it is good to use for several weeks or you can even freeze them like this.       The paste is great for many things, it is easier for your body to digest too.

great for adding to mashed potatoes, sauces, spread onto pizza dough before adding sauce or toppings, spread onto burgers, steaks, etc etc.     

It is delicious and gives the garlic a whole new flavor and texture.     Try it - you will like it!😋

Thanks!  The muffin pan is a good idea.  Also it looks like I was going to cut off the wrong end.

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

Thank you for sharing the beautiful pictures of London.  We have attempted to go to London 3 times, all TA's.  Our last attempt was out of Southampton on the Anthem October 2020.  I know we'll get there someday...sigh...

We were never there but one of my daughters lived in England for a while and one of my son in laws goes there several times a year on business.We heard all about it from them.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

So I did not get to clean yesterday. I decided today was not going to be a good day either. I am continuing to gather and organize for our soon to be cruise just a mere 25 days away. Today I got “thee” earrings out of the safe. 

I was fortunate to have been gifted them on a recent cruise(as recent as they get maybe 4 years ago). They are made by the master and only few were made. 

First  you have to gather the drink swizzle sticks. Carefully remove the tops then gently wire them.  

Shown  below. 

343674E9-9CD2-4ABE-B614-3B36803CC12D.jpeg

Those look cool.  I need to see if I can get my hands on some of those swizzle sticks.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I know I am stuck in the same situation I don't want to lose capability of having the SD card either.   I have absolutely no desire to use the cloud either.

I don’t like using the cloud either.  I have a NAS we use at home. It’s a backup unit that is connected to our home network so we can wirelessly back up at home.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

When I gave my neighbor some he said he cooks them in butter too.  That sounds good to me.  When I look up recipes, they all say cut off some of the root side and drizzle olive oil over them.  That sounds good too.

so what temperature do I set the oven and about how long does it take.  I think I will try some with butter and some with olive oil.  They also recommended after it was done to mix it into mash potatoes or spread on baguettes.  Sounds like you and my neighbors just eat it alone.  

I don't cut the root end, I cut a little off the other end to expose the cloves of garlic.  Don't worry too much about recipes.  Just cut a little of the top off, stick the bulb in a piece of foil, rub with butter or drizzle with olive oil.  We throw a little salt and pepper on too.  Scrunch the foil up to close and put it in the oven with whatever else you are cooking.  If it is at 350, the garlic will take a little longer, if 400, it will take a little less.  When it is ready, it will be soft and a little brown.  You can squish the whole bulb to get the garlic out or remove each clove.  We spread it on nice crusty bread or put in anything you want a milder, garlic taste in.  

• Like 3