Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Good evening everyone.

My football team Sunderland won on the first day of the season today so I'm happy.

It was 66°F today and cloudy but we did have some heavy downpours of rain.

We went to the cemetery and Pauline put fresh flowers on her grandparents and baby brothers graves.

We then went to the beach car park with a picnic of Prawn and smoked salmon sandwiches and had an enjoyable 3 hours looking out to sea.

Vinyl records are quite popular again in England.

I hope everyone has a nice day.

Graham.

Screenshot_20210807_203853.jpg

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, George C said:

We had to pay extra to get a CD player added to my wife new outback suv , seems CD players are no longer included.

Not even an option in my present car. My CD collection is on one USB stick that I just plug into the car's port.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

My almost 13 year old granddaughter is into vinyl.  Just had Billie Eilish delivered. The album, not the person!

My 13 year old granddaughter was in my house a few days ago wearing an AC/DC tee shirt .
I surprise her by being able to discuss some of the singers she likes.

My 17 year old granddaughter likes to listen to some of my CD’s

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Vinyl records are quite popular again in England.

...and other places too. Sold one on eBay recently to a guy in the Czech Republic and another to someone in Manila. In both cases the buyer paid a pretty stiff shipping fee and so must have really wanted them. Both were vintage 60s and 70s recordings. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

In my part of NY there are stores that sell LP’s ,cassettes and CD’s 

One thing for older cars, like my '95 Buick, is that it still has a cassette player! Our '97 Jeep has both cassette and CD player. I don't think you find CD players in any new cars. Gradually trying to weed out some of my vinyl on eBay. Some things sell, some don't. Our church flea market takes them but hardly anybody buys them. 

5 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

It was 66°F today and cloudy but we did have some heavy downpours of rain.

It was 106F today, as we travelled to have lunch at my DS2's house....

We're repairing the concrete pylons supporting our balcony (corrosion), and all our house is full of dust. It is the 1st time my DIL is preparing a meal for us, and it was, surprisingly, quite tasty.

We're having a heavy heat wave, and I'm sorry for the workers outside. We're constantly providing them cold water, chunks of water melon and.... lots and lots of black coffee, since they're Palestinians.

It was the appointment made one month ago by the concrete "renewal" expert. He couldn't have expected such a bad weather.

20210804_172415.jpg

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Do you remember your first vinyl ?

Gosh...as a kid I had alot of 45s. Pop music from mostly the 60s. Started really getting into buying albums in the early 70s. Wow...what a simpler, less complicated time growing up in the late 50s. We lived in center city Allentown, PA and never even locked our doors at night. Noone did. No need. Different era. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OnTheJourney said:

...and other places too. Sold one on eBay recently to a guy in the Czech Republic and another to someone in Manila. In both cases the buyer paid a pretty stiff shipping fee and so must have really wanted them. Both were vintage 60s and 70s recordings. 

There are stores near me as well as in Manhattan that buy used LP’s I sold as many as I could fit into the trunk of my car in 2003.I had so many by obscure artists .In 2007 a record dealer came to my house and bought good quality LP’s .I still have more than 100 that I will keep forever.

• Like 1

Looking for something new to do today, we went to a sailing regatta on Lake Arthur.  If you didn’t know anything about sailing, you could go out for some instructions.  Quite a few were waiting to go out. 

8D31DDC8-E3F0-44E8-B341-BCC7EF9559D0.thumb.jpeg.87b02890433bc3756f4a8cae5eb9a0d2.jpeg

1D4027C9-0844-4471-A84F-F16B2125A3EB.thumb.jpeg.6df64f9b806100c3a930d35d3c1bb3f1.jpeg

They had a life flight helicopter there on display, and grandson got an up close look at the inside.  

9FDBCDC6-097A-423F-9992-21DE63DF3965.thumb.jpeg.cc2b335f3d7c4e606d544c02da523e61.jpeg

09E2A3C6-6496-48F1-900F-9BDD1AA6398F.thumb.jpeg.953f09a2724991c93d64302e91f8fb31.jpeg

They had a little of everything, including some rescue birds that you could handle.  He wasn’t ready to put one of these on his hand. 

C2C9902B-679A-4554-A79A-E22025AAE20F.thumb.jpeg.39e8a0d19026b0e2e95fdfcf5365116b.jpeg

And, it was just a good day for a walk in the water. 

461F4B84-4AB5-4EF4-89E8-0E90A582C561.thumb.jpeg.f2df13b87965c18baadf1d380f52ee06.jpeg

Heading out for an R&B concert tonight. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, lenquixote66 said:

I still have more than 100 that I will keep forever.

Yeah..I hear you and can relate! My brother had a friend who worked in a radio station, so when they were done with promo copies they gave them away. He and I wound up with a bunch of them. They all have that "not for sale" sticker on them. I think some people buy them just because of that! 

4 minutes ago, OnTheJourney said:

One thing for older cars, like my '95 Buick, is that it still has a cassette player! Our '97 Jeep has both cassette and CD player. I don't think you find CD players in any new cars. Gradually trying to weed out some of my vinyl on eBay. Some things sell, some don't. Our church flea market takes them but hardly anybody buys them. 

Prior to the pandemic there were stores in lower Manhattan that bought LP’s.I sold many to them about 15 years ago.

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

What am I doing now you ask ?

My daughters and families bought me 4 CD’s for my birthday along with other gifts.I had not as yet played the CD’s and decided that today would be a good day to do so.

I can listen and also post on here.The first CD is by America ,a group that I have loved listening to for years but for some reason never owned any of their albums.

Sister Golden Hair

Horse with no Name

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Which is I’ll never trade my car!

Don't even go there. I'm trying hard to become less sentimental about my '95, thinking I really should avail myself of 21st century technology! Car is on its 3rd engine and 2nd transmission, plus a bunch of other stuff that was replaced over the course of 25 years. Bought it new. First 10 years were ok, but then it gouged my checkbook practically ever since. MY problem is I can't find anything I like the looks of as much. All the newer cars are mostly that typical 'teardrop' shape. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

TSOD (T-Shirt Of the Day) - Mind the Gap, from London.    A gift from my daughter and one of my favorites even though I has shrunk a bit (really).

My most commented on T-shirt is from Sloppy Joe's in Key West. I pretty much wear it once a week

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, OnTheJourney said:

Yeah..I hear you and can relate! My brother had a friend who worked in a radio station, so when they were done with promo copies they gave them away. He and I wound up with a bunch of them. They all have that "not for sale" sticker on them. I think some people buy them just because of that! 

My fathers best friend worked for a recording studio in the 50’s.He had demo records from Tony Bennett that he gave my father and now I have them.They have not for sale stickers on them.
Conversely I have a 33 that is the size of a 45 that friends and myself recorded in 1957.We were a no hit wonder.The recording studio said it was so bad that they would never ever try to distribute them.I still have my copy.The only people who have ever heard it is my wife and my children who all said “hide it away and do never tell anyone about it”.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, lenquixote66 said:

“hide it away and do never tell anyone about it”.

Nah...play it at your kids' wedding, but don't tell them about it ahead of time. I was most thrilled that my daughter used a few of my guitar recordings during her reception. 

• Like 1

Just now, John&LaLa said:

My most commented on T-shirt is from Sloppy Joe's in Key West. I pretty much wear it once a week

I have tee shirts that I get comments from.One is from a burger place in Ca.,In and Out burgers.

I also have message shirts such as Cats Are People Too .

• Like 2