Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

20 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Screenshot_20210708-215205_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20210708-215042_Samsung Internet.jpg

First, I want to say OMG!  You were so fortunate to have survived your roll over car accident!   I love reading about all of your interesting escapades.

These amazing orchids look like  beautiful swans to me!😉

@singalot Crystal, it looks like your Birthday was awesome!!!🎉

13 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

@A&L_Ont

How is "Sharon cataract"?

Amazing that here eye doctors strongly advise against doing both eyes at the same time... 

I imagine there is no much difference between Canadian eyes and ours 😉

I had my cataract surgeries 3 weeks apart.  20/20 vision in one eye, 20/25 in the other.  I was so happy with the results!

• Like 5

2 hours ago, George C said:

We just returned from the martini bar , love the live music starting early in the afternoon there and of course the martinis , they gave us a nice bottle of champagne which we now have in ice along with some snacks, unfortunately we also need to pack, unlike Cruise Wizard Gary we just have a single 7 day cruise, going to steak restaurant tonight, had a delicious lobster roll for lunch in Luminae. Flying home to Dallas about 2 pm. 

Sounds like you had a wonderful week.    Enjoy your evening onboard.   

don't think about back home just yet.

• Like 2

We just returned from the martini bar , love the live music starting early in the afternoon there and of course the martinis , they gave us a nice bottle of champagne which we now have in ice along with some snacks, unfortunately we also need to pack, unlike Cruise Wizard Gary we just have a single 7 day cruise, going to steak restaurant tonight, had a delicious lobster roll for lunch in Luminae. Flying home to Dallas about 2 pm. 

Very happy that you had a great cruise,George C.I will never doubt you again.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

was in an accident, rolled 4.5 times. Anyone remember the defective Firestone tires? 

OMG that was horrible. Thank God you survived. I remember the thing with Firestone. 

4 hours ago, davekathy said:

My everyday shoes/sneakers are Vans(Old Skool). Walking shoes are Asics. I'm not a flip flop or sandal dude.

Mine are Sketchers and Clarks.  Before I had experienced Clarks sandals, friends of mine from Cape Cod were all wearing them around the pool.  I had asked one of the girls what brand they were, and I heard "Flox".  I said, Flox??  and she said yes, Flox....she was actually saying Clarks.  Sadly she passed away last year, but I will always have this funny memory of Helen.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

I can’t believe it is 58 days.  We booked in November after having two Oasis cruises canceled.  It seemed so far away. Starting to really look forward to it.

Nice!!!  We had booked the Oasis for the July 16th cruise....we would've been on board for our 50th Anniversary.....

• Like 1

So glad you had such a wonderful time on your cruise.  Safe travels tomorrow!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, George C said:

Man, that cruise sure went fast. Thanks for taking us along on your cruise. 🍻

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Mine are Sketchers and Clarks.  Before I had experienced Clarks sandals, friends of mine from Cape Cod were all wearing them around the pool.  I had asked one of the girls what brand they were, and I heard "Flox".  I said, Flox??  and she said yes, Flox....she was actually saying Clarks.  Sadly she passed away last year, but I will always have this funny memory of Helen.

Sorry for the loss of Helen. 

I just bought a new pair of flip flops at Macys. Clark's Cloudsteppers.  They are like walking on a cloud.  Love 'em

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 4

14 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Thanks for all your orchid tips. I am so happy I followed them.

I am still laughing at the cheese wheel and crabs from Aruba!

WOW I totally get it when you said your heart does a bump with every bump on the road after that accident. Glad you made it out alive and well......you were meant to! I enjoy your stories.

Thanks, I was afraid I was boring people with my stories. Here’s another one, but thank goodness it wasn’t me. Dedicated taco guys. 

I used to fly to Naples to Michelbob’s BBQ in Naples. Great bbq. It was down the road from the airport. First time I went with my instructor he told me to go get the keys for the van. WHAT??? I go to get the keys thinking they would check my drivers license or something.

They didn’t they just handed over the keys even though they have never seen me before. I thought that was crazy until it dawned on me that they had the plane. Wasn’t my plane, but non the less it was a plane that I had flown in so they were on the better end of the deal if something would have happened.

https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/small-plane-crash-lands-in-florida-everglades-in-collier-county/2468353/

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I prefer Olukai, for those times when I actually need to wear shoes.  Maybe I'll get over this barefoot and flip flop thing once I've been in Florida for a while.

I don’t think so. We have been here for 25 years and I’m still wearing them. 🩴

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, island lady said:

…I have rented with VRBO a lot lately, and have had good results with all of my choices, except one (which was a total nightmare, and luckily only a 5 day rental, which we left early)...but feel lucky it was just the one bad experience.  🙂 

Would you mind explaining a little bit about it and looking back were there any signs that would have warned you? F you don’t want to I understand. Some day I wouldn’t mind looking into them, but I would be afraid of ending up in that kind of situation. Is there anything VRBO helped you with? I’m trying to learn about this. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Wow!   Thank god you were able to walk away and made it to the orchid sale.   I bet you remember exactly which plants you got that day too!

I was a little high on pain meds, but I was having a good time. The next day I did have more than I originally planned. I brought more cash with plans to not spend it all.  Who was I kidding. 🤣🤣🤣  Some women buy nice purses, shoes, etc. but I buy orchids. I had the money in a fanny pack since I didn’t want to carry a purse with me. Apparently it went flying out the window during the accident and someone found it on the highway and returned it. I was surprised being this is South Florida and there was $300.00 in it. I would have been very mad at myself for bringing so much just for orchids. 

I was very lucky. My attorney told me about another attorney who had a client (husband) that also had one of the defective tires. She wasn’t so lucky. She had a sunroof (so did I) and for some reason the seatbelt didn’t hold properly and her head came thru the roof and she was decapitated. 😢 When I heard that it really freaked me out.

I had no interest in driving for a while after that. I think it took me about 6 - 8 months (I don’t remember for sure) before I even wanted to look for another vehicle. I wasn’t working so I would run errands when Mike was home and I had a chauffeur. 😁

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 5

12 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Anyone ever had one of those 1/2 sheet cakes from Costco that serves 48?

They were really good and it costs only $17.99 to $19.99

Just read though they no longer sell them but people are signing a petition to have them bring them back.

They were really decorated so nicely and so tasty too. Icing and filling were outstanding.

https://www.mashed.com/245896/the-truth-about-costco-sheet-cakes/

I haven’t had their sheet cake, but I have had others and they are delicious. They did make a chocolate cake and I think it was called double chocolate or something like that. It looked like Crystal’s, but without all the pretty decorations. It was so good, but I heard they don’t make it anymore. I can’t imagine why, it must have been popular.

11 hours ago, island lady said:

Ours was chocolate cake with vanilla frosting...in the traditional "stack" style with lots of decorations.  And nope...I did not push the cake into Bucky's face when we cut it.  😄 

We didn’t either. I never understand that. Just what I want to do is start my marriage off with shoving cake in Mike’s face. 🙄

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Time to bore all with more wedding updates. To make it really sound unbelievable, my assistant was in a bad accident last week.  Totaled her car. Went into a ditch. Both cars involved in accident were cited for whatever reason. Now, thank God all her major X-rays were negative but she trashed her knee and cannot walk. So. I have become the one thee  only wedding organizer,  covering all bases. 

So my DH came up to the plate and took a couple extra days off to help. 

It has been crazy. But getting it done. 

I finished her ceremony practice bouquet from the bows from her gifts. Now time to start organizing all the bins from table center pieces to chocolates to candles. Table runners ……

Oh the DH already told me since I have him running every which way….that he is going to cash in his token he vowed almost 30 years ago.  Something like “ till death do we part”. Wonder what he is referring too???????

🤔

4FEF9F81-CC6A-4827-B5A6-D46D85C7A81C.jpeg

Sorry to hear about your assistant. Hope she recovers fully and fast. Depending on how things happened she might be able to get out of the ticket. After my accident the FHP gave me a ticket even thought it wasn’t my fault. Wasn’t the other persons fault either and he said he had to write someone a ticket. I argued it with him to no avail. I called his supervisor and he said I never should have been given a ticket and that the FHP guy didn’t have to give someone a ticket like he said. 😡 It was removed and we got an attorney shortly after that.

That bouquet looks great and what a great idea to use the ribbons. You will definitely have to tell us about the token. 🤔 or maybe not. 😁

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I could go into the medical reasons why they are bad for your feet and ankles.😐

I had a basketball coach in high school. She was short and always wore shoes with about a 2” heel. She had to have white rubber soles put on since she wore them on the court. We asked why she never wore tennis shoes and she said since she had worn the heels forever that her feet weren’t flat anymore. Now I’m wondering if that could be true.