Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, cruise wizard said:

The word is that the CEO of Celebrity was very upset by the decision to cancel B2B2B's and the situation has been rectified. We were notified by the GSM and even Capt. Kate that we are not walking the plank on Saturday. We have a meeting at 9:30 tomorrow morning.........I have a list of questions!!!! I will report back my learnings.

SO HAPPY for you and Mary.

Did they tell you they were giving you a free cruise on the 7/17 sailing?😁😁

Won't you stayyyyyay ay ay  just a little bit longerrrrr? LOL!😄

Edited by Arzeena

11 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

😁 😁 Reminds me of "nothing between me and my Calvins" 😉

I have been known to do crazy things. Another one was when we were in the Bahamas. I needed some hermit crabs for my reef tank. The hotel we were in was on the beach so I went in the water and got some and put them in a small plastic bottle. We were sitting the the eating area at a table and the crew kept laughing because they kept trying to crawl out and I kept pushing them down. The people at the next table kept looking to see what was going on. 

Don’t worry the crabs made it back ok. They can live in a very small about of water for a day or so. That’s how they are shipped commercially. Also, one day I went into the office and one of the girls says I heard you got crabs in the Bahamas. 🤣 She knew it was real crabs but people thought it was funny and we all enjoyed a good laugh. 

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 5
  • Haha 4

11 hours ago, voyager70 said:

I still get teary when I think of my little girl I had to put down 8 years ago. Losing a pet is so hard😢

Same here. Even longer than that and I still think of them and miss them very much. It never goes away. 😢 🐈 🐕 💔

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

A week or so ago, Chilean Sea Bass came up, and many of us said how we love it.  Our food store carries Chilean Salmon.  We always have bought Norwegian Salmon since we first tried it a few years ago;  it's sooo good!   Have any of you ever gotten Chilean Salmon?  

Who is our resident orchid lady? (Apologies for not remembering who)

Lionesss? ReneFLL?
I followed some of the tips she gave John and am happy to report that I now have one flowering one budding and one "I don't know what will happen" plant, from three almost dead and "in dire need of prayers" plants. Thanks for all your orchid tips. I followed them to the T.....OK, almost!

1 minute ago, Luckynana said:

A week or so ago, Chilean Sea Bass came up, and many of us said how we love it.  Our food store carries Chilean Salmon.  We always have bought Norwegian Salmon since we first tried it a few years ago;  it's sooo good!   Have any of you ever gotten Chilean Salmon?  

I haven't heard of it. Will look next time.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

My grand puppy still has not recovered emotionally from being attacked.

That's awful.  Poor puppy!  My brother adopted a small Rescue dog, and the poor thing cowered and was shaking the whole time we visited.

15 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Mine was in a cup, not the same as a martini glass.  It was free though from the Diamond Lounge at Harrahs, not Royal!0CFB33EC-78A0-4748-BA9E-604F534D63A6.thumb.jpeg.2b541dbe1ca7963479e86ee0f7c87a24.jpeg

The shade is a little off. Are you sure that isn't a cape codder?🤔

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cruise wizard said:

The word is that the CEO of Celebrity was very upset by the decision to cancel B2B2B's and the situation has been rectified. We were notified by the GSM and even Capt. Kate that we are not walking the plank on Saturday. We have a meeting at 9:30 tomorrow morning.........I have a list of questions!!!! I will report back my learnings.

I responded on your roll call thread when you thought you would have to walk the plank.  I am so happy for you that Celebrity is stepping up and doing the right thing for its loyal passengers.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

That's awful.  Poor puppy!  My brother adopted a small Rescue dog, and the poor thing cowered and was shaking the whole time we visited.

My daughter is a school teacher and has the summer off .She will be able to spend a lot of time with the puppy.He is afraid to be outside where there are people and dogs so they let him run around in the back yard.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, sgmn said:

Final day of our holiday.  Yesterday we met up with my cousins in Mevagissey,  a fishing port where my uncle was from 

Today we hiked from our village to Carne beach. Anyone who has read the Poldark novels or seen the series may know that the author often used proper place names for his character names. So Carne is the maiden  name of the heroine of the Poldark novels, Demelza. A few years ago we were down in Cornwall for a family funeral and the crew, including  the actress who played Demelza,  were in the hotel bar . They were in the middle of the shoot of one of the series 

I loved the Poldark series on Masterpiece.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cruise wizard said:

That’s great news. Happy for everyone.

4 hours ago, cruise wizard said:

Oh that's great news!    Earlier I was upset for you.   Hopefully all will go well with the meeting tomorrow.  Please keep us posted.

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

I have not.  Now I have to look for that and cotton candy grapes when I do my weekend errands.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

I haven’t felt exactly the same about Chilean Sea Bass since finding out it is neither sea bass nor Chilean.  Clever marketers quite rightly decided the fish’s real name of Patagonian Toothfish wasn’t as appealing. 😜

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, singinalot said:

The VRbO my family rented was really my first experience in a “home” as opposed to a hotel. It was beautiful, well decorated, and had the best pool. We spent the majority of the weekend utilizing the back yard space.

That evening my family celebrated my bday. This chocolate cake was seriously the best chocolate cake I’ve had in my life.C968DA82-2C9A-424C-929B-B430090745EA.thumb.jpeg.133bab00ebf41c7a911b0ec83e46dcad.jpeg

74C5ED39-114C-462D-A9A5-3E61F608CF3C.thumb.jpeg.af122fe2c30ebd9e1746d4dfa57ee485.jpeg

7E0A4030-B4C3-46AD-8A0B-50856CA2AE20.thumb.jpeg.7adb218fd4eb7ecc110d19b128b6569f.jpeg

Nate had been antsy all day to give me my bday gift. I later found out that he had coordinated with my cousin and his best friend…his best friend bought it on his card so I wouldn’t see the charge and they had it shipped to my cousin. I’m still speechless. 

BA498FFD-9521-436A-960A-80DD64642946.jpeg

WHERE did that cake come from?!?!😋

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, singinalot said:

The VRbO my family rented was really my first experience in a “home” as opposed to a hotel. It was beautiful, well decorated, and had the best pool. We spent the majority of the weekend utilizing the back yard space.

That evening my family celebrated my bday. This chocolate cake was seriously the best chocolate cake I’ve had in my life.C968DA82-2C9A-424C-929B-B430090745EA.thumb.jpeg.133bab00ebf41c7a911b0ec83e46dcad.jpeg

74C5ED39-114C-462D-A9A5-3E61F608CF3C.thumb.jpeg.af122fe2c30ebd9e1746d4dfa57ee485.jpeg

7E0A4030-B4C3-46AD-8A0B-50856CA2AE20.thumb.jpeg.7adb218fd4eb7ecc110d19b128b6569f.jpeg

Nate had been antsy all day to give me my bday gift. I later found out that he had coordinated with my cousin and his best friend…his best friend bought it on his card so I wouldn’t see the charge and they had it shipped to my cousin. I’m still speechless. 

IMG_5533.MOV

BA498FFD-9521-436A-960A-80DD64642946.jpeg

Nice shoe!  I hope you got 2....lol!

Omg, that chocolate cake is gorgeous.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, helen haywood said:

I haven’t felt exactly the same about Chilean Sea Bass since finding out it is neither sea bass nor Chilean.  Clever marketers quite rightly decided the fish’s real name of Patagonian Toothfish wasn’t as appealing. 😜

A bit like calling brown diamonds chocolate and yellow diamonds canary and then jacking up the price.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1