Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

On 7/7/2021 at 10:41 PM, ReneeFLL said:

No way, nothing was getting between me and my cheese wheel! They all thought it was funny with all the people looking.

25 years ago (remember since it was our honeymoon)....at that time were allowed to take on a six pack of wine on the plane when we left New Zealand.  It was from Cloudy Bay.  High end Sauvignon Blanc.  

Everyone kept joking with us they wanted to sample that!!  😄 

• Like 4

On 7/8/2021 at 7:48 AM, voyager70 said:

Had to laugh at this.  Trying to pee during turbulence is a challenge 😉

I am always conscious of what I might be standing on...hoping it is just splashed water from the sink.  😳😬

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

16 hours ago, singinalot said:

I also loved Poldark

I haven't eaten there in a few years! I'll have to add it back to the list.

If you like a really good, really fresh fish sandwich at a restaurant that is right over the beach, try "Whale's Tail".    Fantastic Grouper sandwiches.  🙂 

16 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

@Arzeena,

@cruise wizard has just received a "reprieve".... allowed to complete his B2B2B 😁

That is great news!!  I have not heard from him lately (not surprising as he does not email much when he is cruising).  I will email him now to congratulate him!  Thanks!  🙂 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

@singinalot

Happy Birthday, Crystal 🎂🌷

Nate has great taste in ladies, cakes and Louboutin shoes 😉

Agree.  Dani, your sense of style info is impeccable.  I never knew the name of those shoes. 

Happy Birthday Crystal!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, cruise wizard said:

The word is that the CEO of Celebrity was very upset by the decision to cancel B2B2B's and the situation has been rectified. We were notified by the GSM and even Capt. Kate that we are not walking the plank on Saturday. We have a meeting at 9:30 tomorrow morning.........I have a list of questions!!!! I will report back my learnings.

Ah...I should have scrolled down before posting the previous post.  😮 

Soooo good to hear you are allowed to stay.  I also thought that was a really crappy way for Celebrity to do business.  I hope they demoted the idiots involved for trying to do that!  Send them past the flogging lines!!  

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

A bit like calling brown diamonds chocolate and yellow diamonds canary and then jacking up the price.

There were some restaurants in Florida a few years ago that were advertising on their menus as serving  "Grouper" sandwiches and dinners to customers.  Spot check inspectors came in with DNA testing and busted quite a few of them for selling what was actually Swai (Asian catfish).   

So the restaurants paid the fines and went back to selling actual, much more expensive Grouper.  

Guess what...the customers complained.  They liked the previous "Grouper" better.  😄 

BTW...this is one female that does not like the "chocolate" diamonds.  IMHO...how do you check the clarity in those...with marshmallows? 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, singinalot said:

more shots of the outdoor space. I was able to send the drone out from here several times…getting more brave with each flight. I actually sent it to the beach and back at one point!0C83ED94-F501-415E-A160-95634903B602.thumb.jpeg.10d2ea7f650ca7cf83b974b2e12be3d0.jpeg

BA2B252A-A4E1-4A42-99B1-3FCAB7C6EA47.thumb.jpeg.13694d0fa8de574f4a0d2137c1da8f1f.jpeg

A900AFFD-FFC9-48EE-94D8-8C736D7A0E48.thumb.jpeg.843f7fbf000a22a7931b3114b2b99ec1.jpeg

08FC1F35-F3B7-43DC-B742-670FAB7C9046.thumb.jpeg.bc54648a1aa9917dfa71949247398044.jpeg

Happy Birthday Crystal!!  And good job with your VRBO selection!   Beautiful place! 

I have rented with VRBO a lot lately, and have had good results with all of my choices, except one (which was a total nightmare, and luckily only a 5 day rental, which we left early)...but feel lucky it was just the one bad experience.  🙂 

All of the homes we are staying at for the summer here in Maine are through VRBO.  So far I am three for three on my choices...and enjoying them.  Two more to go.  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

Happy birthday Crystal. That cake is gorgeous. Can't believe it came from Publix!

Publix did our decorations and our cake for our wedding.  Indeed the cake was delicious!!  They did a great job on all of it.  🙂 

• Like 5

11 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

That would be me. So happy it worked. Hopefully the third one will make it also.

Another story. 😁  As some know I’m big into orchids. I was on my way to a big sale from this guy downsizing to a condo. He had hundreds with many big ones. There was no way I was going to miss it. I was in an accident, rolled 4.5 times. Anyone remember the defective Firestone tires? That’s what caused it. 

The first person to arrive was a retired emt from Atlanta. Later he told me that he thought I was dead. 😲 I also had a friend who was following me because she said she might have to go to Miami to pick up a check. There was no way I was going to leave the sale if I was finding good stuff so we drove separately. Anyway, when I came to, the emt was talking to me keeping me calm and I could hear Betsy running down the highway yelling Renee, Renee. So thankful she wasn’t with me because the right side of the 4Runner was completely crushed and there is no way she would have survived. They had to cut me out of it. Jaws of life it think is what they call the cutters.

So in the ER they stitched up my torn tendon in my finger and they couldn’t do anything for the cracked ribs or other bumps and bruises. Thinking there might still be some orchids left I talked her into driving me to the sale. The people there thought I was nuts as I walked around holding my hand about head height. It really hurt. I did get some great ones though. 

After the accident I tried calling Mike, but had no idea how to get in touch with him so what do I do? The only logical thing I knew to do. I call the AA reservations. 🤣  I explained the situation and they actually passed the message on. I didn’t think they would and probably thought I was some crazy lady. Mike has since programmed the Chief Pilots number into my phone. Luckily I have never had to call him in the 21 years since.

I had just joined the Fort Lauderdale Orchid Society so I was new to everyone. I joined after this sale. They were having a bus ramble to go to different orchid places down in Miami. So this lady, Dot is explaining to people on the bus about this crazy lady who had just had a bad accident and still showed up at the sale. I got her attention and raised my hand so she could see it. Needless to say she was embarrassed. I don’t call it crazy, I call it dedication. Trust me I’m not crazy. 🤥 Aren’t those the ones your parents tell you to watch out for?  🤣🤣🤣🤣 

Here are some pictures of one of my favorite ones I got that day. This is the Peristeria elata and it’s the National flower of Panama. There are many very unique orchids out there. I couldn’t find my pictures so these are some I pulled of the internet.

Screenshot_20210708-215205_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20210708-215042_Samsung Internet.jpg

Wow!   Thank god you were able to walk away and made it to the orchid sale.   I bet you remember exactly which plants you got that day too!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

Captain Kate Shoes!!!!!!!! Thrilling!

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

With red soles? 😄

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

A stripe on the side is about as red as my shoes get.

46 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Agree.  Dani, your sense of style info is impeccable.  I never knew the name of those shoes. 

😁 That's what I get from following Captain Kate (among really good laughs) -- she has exactly same shoes, with the red sole, which she explained is the Louboutin's brand unique signature.... 😉

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

she has exactly same shoes, with the red sole, which she explained is the Louboutin's brand unique signature.... 😉

I think those shoes are awesome and I admire and respect any woman who wears them. Not easy to walk in stilettos.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, ownedbypets said:

The cake looks delicious! You can't go wrong with a Publix cake or Pubsub. 

Anyone ever had one of those 1/2 sheet cakes from Costco that serves 48?

They were really good and it costs only $17.99 to $19.99

Just read though they no longer sell them but people are signing a petition to have them bring them back.

They were really decorated so nicely and so tasty too. Icing and filling were outstanding.

https://www.mashed.com/245896/the-truth-about-costco-sheet-cakes/

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Anyone ever had one of those 1/2 sheet cakes from Costco that serves 48?

They are awesome. I love the chocolate with the chocolate mousse filling. Yummm. I do wish they made a smaller version however.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

They are awesome. I love the chocolate with the chocolate mousse filling. Yummm. I do wish they made a smaller version however.

You got that right, that combination was sinful !!!

• Like 4

14 hours ago, helen haywood said:

WHERE did that cake come from?!?!😋

It looks like a Publix Bakery Chocolate Ganache cake. They taste as good as they look. 

3585D0FC-311A-41DE-8D90-E03E91296DB7.jpegEdited to say after I got back to reading where I left off, I saw I was late to the party saying it was a Publix cake! Still yummy, though!

Edited by jagsfan
Added on disclaimer
  • Like 6

13 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

That would be me. So happy it worked. Hopefully the third one will make it also.

Another story. 😁  As some know I’m big into orchids. I was on my way to a big sale from this guy downsizing to a condo. He had hundreds with many big ones. There was no way I was going to miss it. I was in an accident, rolled 4.5 times. Anyone remember the defective Firestone tires? That’s what caused it. 

The first person to arrive was a retired emt from Atlanta. Later he told me that he thought I was dead. 😲 I also had a friend who was following me because she said she might have to go to Miami to pick up a check. There was no way I was going to leave the sale if I was finding good stuff so we drove separately. Anyway, when I came to, the emt was talking to me keeping me calm and I could hear Betsy running down the highway yelling Renee, Renee. So thankful she wasn’t with me because the right side of the 4Runner was completely crushed and there is no way she would have survived. They had to cut me out of it. Jaws of life it think is what they call the cutters.

So in the ER they stitched up my torn tendon in my finger and they couldn’t do anything for the cracked ribs or other bumps and bruises. Thinking there might still be some orchids left I talked her into driving me to the sale. The people there thought I was nuts as I walked around holding my hand about head height. It really hurt. I did get some great ones though. 

After the accident I tried calling Mike, but had no idea how to get in touch with him so what do I do? The only logical thing I knew to do. I call the AA reservations. 🤣  I explained the situation and they actually passed the message on. I didn’t think they would and probably thought I was some crazy lady. Mike has since programmed the Chief Pilots number into my phone. Luckily I have never had to call him in the 21 years since.

I had just joined the Fort Lauderdale Orchid Society so I was new to everyone. I joined after this sale. They were having a bus ramble to go to different orchid places down in Miami. So this lady, Dot is explaining to people on the bus about this crazy lady who had just had a bad accident and still showed up at the sale. I got her attention and raised my hand so she could see it. Needless to say she was embarrassed. I don’t call it crazy, I call it dedication. Trust me I’m not crazy. 🤥 Aren’t those the ones your parents tell you to watch out for?  🤣🤣🤣🤣 

Here are some pictures of one of my favorite ones I got that day. This is the Peristeria elata and it’s the National flower of Panama. There are many very unique orchids out there. I couldn’t find my pictures so these are some I pulled of the internet.

Screenshot_20210708-215205_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20210708-215042_Samsung Internet.jpg

Amazing! I’ve never seen orchids like that!

There are so many varieties, and all beautiful!

• Like 3