Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Publix did our decorations and our cake for our wedding.  Indeed the cake was delicious!!  They did a great job on all of it.  🙂 

The only wedding cake I’ve ever seen that was eaten down to the crumbs…literally, was a Publix Carrot cake. 
No crumb larger than a piece of popcorn was left. 

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

The only wedding cake I’ve ever seen that was eaten down to the crumbs…literally, was a Publix Carrot cake. 
No crumb larger than a piece of popcorn was left. 

Ours was chocolate cake with vanilla frosting...in the traditional "stack" style with lots of decorations.  And nope...I did not push the cake into Bucky's face when we cut it.  😄 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

😁 That's what I get from following Captain Kate (among really good laughs) -- she has exactly same shoes, with the red sole, which she explained is the Louboutin's brand unique signature.... 😉

I am a Lifetime Member of CK's fan club! I see you are a big fan too!

I am absolutely thrilled because I will be seeing her in 8 days on the Edge!

• Like 6

Time to bore all with more wedding updates. To make it really sound unbelievable, my assistant was in a bad accident last week.  Totaled her car. Went into a ditch. Both cars involved in accident were cited for whatever reason. Now, thank God all her major X-rays were negative but she trashed her knee and cannot walk. So. I have become the one thee  only wedding organizer,  covering all bases. 

So my DH came up to the plate and took a couple extra days off to help. 

It has been crazy. But getting it done. 

I finished her ceremony practice bouquet from the bows from her gifts. Now time to start organizing all the bins from table center pieces to chocolates to candles. Table runners ……

Oh the DH already told me since I have him running every which way….that he is going to cash in his token he vowed almost 30 years ago.  Something like “ till death do we part”. Wonder what he is referring too???????

🤔

4FEF9F81-CC6A-4827-B5A6-D46D85C7A81C.jpeg

• Like 13

5 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

I am absolutely thrilled because I will be seeing her in 8 days on the Edge!

Awesome for you, a tiny bit jealous here 😉

I admire her personality, and foremost -- the way she treats her crew, especially the "backstairs" ones, like cooks, serving, delivery and cleaning personnel, etc.

Should you have the opportunity to speak with her, pls. relay my warmest regards.

I too was hoping to see her on Edge next May, but meantime I've found a much more interesting itinerary on the Beyond....

May be she would receive the Beyond after being on the Edge for 3 years ????

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Time to bore all with more wedding updates.

Your wedding updates and your sense of humor are exactly opposite to "boring".

Pls. keep them coming, and in plenty of details too 🙏 😁

Not much time left now, be STRONG and take it in a stride 😉

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I think those shoes are awesome and I admire and respect any woman who wears them. Not easy to walk in stilettos.

I could go into the medical reasons why they are bad for your feet and ankles.😐

• Like 5

Just now, dani negreanu said:

Awesome for you, a tiny bit jealous here 😉

I admire her personality, and foremost -- the way she treats her crew, especially the "backstairs" ones, like cooks, serving, delivery and cleaning personnel, etc.

Should you have the opportunity to speak with her, pls. relay my warmest regards.

I too was hoping to see her on Edge next May, but meantime I've found a much more interesting itinerary on the Beyond....

May be she would receive the Beyond after being on the Edge for 3 years ????

I will relay.

She is remarkable! I definitely see her going to Beyond.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Arzeena said:

She is remarkable! I definitely see her going to Beyond.

I agree too. I am a subscriber to her social media channels and like watching her You Tube videos. The video where she tells her father on father's day that she is going to be the first female captain of a cruise ship is very moving and emotional. I plan on sailing with her one day.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I could go into the medical reasons why they are bad for your feet and ankles

I can imagine. The human foot is really not made to be put in that position. Heck, I Remember having platform shoes in the 70's. They may have been cool but cool to walk in. Just about broke my ankle falling one time in them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

The red sole helps a lot ....😉

That must be what I’m doing wrong! 

Confession time: several years ago, I watched a video of a woman demonstrating how to do walk in stilettos. I got my highest heels (um, about 3 inches) and copied her. I fell down half a flight of stairs and have never talked about it! 

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Anyone ever had one of those 1/2 sheet cakes from Costco that serves 48?

They were really good and it costs only $17.99 to $19.99

Just read though they no longer sell them but people are signing a petition to have them bring them back.

They were really decorated so nicely and so tasty too. Icing and filling were outstanding.

https://www.mashed.com/245896/the-truth-about-costco-sheet-cakes/

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

They are awesome. I love the chocolate with the chocolate mousse filling. Yummm. I do wish they made a smaller version however.

You can still special order the half sheet cakes.  If you have a special photo you want for the design, they can do that screen shot on the top as decoration, too.

They do make a 10" round version of the white or chocolate cake for $12.99.  The chocolate/chocolate mousse is the yummiest!

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I could go into the medical reasons why they are bad for your feet and ankles.😐

Broke my right foot, slipping on a spilled beer on the dance floor some 20 years ago in heels.  Then 3 years ago, in just raised wedges, twisted and tripped over worn sunk carpet flooring on Brilliance (first night of the cruise no less 😞 ) breaking the left one. 

I am now in the no heels fan club.  Will wear low soft raised wedges that are very sturdy for formal nights...but that is it.  And won't take the stairs on those nights, trying to be as careful as possible.  

Good quality flip flops with arch support and sneakers are my friends.  😄 

• Like 9

2 hours ago, singinalot said:

good to know the name tho so I can order one to celebrate when we move!  Thanks for doing some investigative work!

Didn’t take any work at all. 
A couple of years ago I had everything ready for Bunco and the last thing was dessert. Baked a sheet cake, got busy, and burned the bottom. Publix is 2 miles away so I sent Dick to grab whatever. 
They had one of these on hand from an order that had just been canceled. 
Talk about timing!

My 11 ladies loved the cake and told others how generous I was to buy a cake instead of baking one. 
The Chantilly cake is another one that will knock your socks off!

Edited by jagsfan
  • Like 2

Back to cotton candy grapes chat.  I found them earlier today at Sprout's for....get this...79 cents per pound.  I thought I read the sign wrong.  We had just left Central Market, an upscale food store, where they were $4.99 per pound.  We bought 3 bags which probably totaled at least 6 pounds.  I wonder how long they'll last before they're all gone. 

And now for continued Costco chocolate cake chat.  They discontinued the All American Chocolate Cake awhile ago, but are bringing it back in a much smaller version, 6 to a pack, each one larger than a muffin.  Supposedly same taste as the large version.  Not sure it's the mousse cake mentioned in here.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, island lady said:

Mine have "Sperry" or "Crocs" on them.  Must have a collection of 15 or so Sperry and Crock flip flops.  😄 

My everyday shoes/sneakers are Vans(Old Skool). Walking shoes are Asics. I'm not a flip flop or sandal dude.

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 2

That chocolate cake looks fantastic.  My wife is a chocoholic, so I will have to remember that when we are in Florida in December.  

Speaking of fantastic cakes, these are a few that were made for birthdays for one of my grandsons.   The lady who made these is very talented.  

For a 4th birthday, he was fascinated by dinosaurs. 

763A13EB-17B2-4379-9296-0551F410210F.thumb.jpeg.effe136b5c86bfc80f6c76682eb3ece5.jpeg

For the 5th, it was the Lightning McQueen series.  Everything here was edible, including the wheels and checkerboard base.  It was a real bear to transport to the party. 

D92F5824-1818-45CA-86C9-DAA914B785BA.thumb.jpeg.ec850728845b652edad5eefbd94ce09b.jpeg

For the 6th, it was Pokémon.  Once again, everything, including the characters, was edible. 

C969ACA0-149D-4B4A-9960-F7C2E24C5239.thumb.jpeg.109359a7099898e9c006f2a6f2f96b5b.jpeg

• Like 19

2 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Time to bore all with more wedding updates. To make it really sound unbelievable, my assistant was in a bad accident last week.  Totaled her car. Went into a ditch. Both cars involved in accident were cited for whatever reason. Now, thank God all her major X-rays were negative but she trashed her knee and cannot walk. So. I have become the one thee  only wedding organizer,  covering all bases. 

So my DH came up to the plate and took a couple extra days off to help. 

It has been crazy. But getting it done. 

I finished her ceremony practice bouquet from the bows from her gifts. Now time to start organizing all the bins from table center pieces to chocolates to candles. Table runners ……

Oh the DH already told me since I have him running every which way….that he is going to cash in his token he vowed almost 30 years ago.  Something like “ till death do we part”. Wonder what he is referring too???????

🤔

4FEF9F81-CC6A-4827-B5A6-D46D85C7A81C.jpeg

Sorry to hear about your helper.     Hopefully they will have a speedy recovery.   

Try to relax some and enjoy.    Everything else will come together.     

3 hours ago, singinalot said:

good to know the name tho so I can order one to celebrate when we move!  Thanks for doing some investigative work!

Sending you lots of special birthday wishes from Pauline and myself.

Graham.