Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I finally have some time to catch up this morning.  Spending the weekend in PA with oldest DD, SIL & 3 grandsons.  Here’s a photo from our dinner our last night.  I look as exhausted as I was. The previous night at Harrah’s in Atlantic City, there was some kind of teen basketball tournament in town.  Our floor was overrun with teenage boys making noise in the halls & rooms until 3 am.  Calls to the desk were useless - “we’ll see what we can do”, which turned out to be nothing.  I even opened our door at one point and yelled at them that people were trying to sleep.  That at least got them out of the halls, but the noise continued from the rooms.  I don’t understand why there were no coaches or chaperones around. These kids appeared to be in the 15-17 age range. 
Anyway, we’re now enjoying our weekend with family & sleeping well!

0558B7D0-32AA-4968-A235-556224D27198.jpeg

Sorry to hear about Harrahs, that has been a big problem lately.  What tower were you in?  We try to stay far away from Bayview and Waterfront.  Enjoy the family!

50 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

We have used VRBO and Air BnB as well and knock wood we have been lucky. No major complaints, maybe small nuisances at times and once some other renter walked in due to a mix up of unit addresses by the owner's secretary. It was taken care of immediately. We have only rented condos.

I too believe in reading reviews.

That was actually the only condo we rented.  All the rest have been private homes.  Except for that one, all the rest have been, like you mentioned, minor annoyances...very minor.  

• Like 2

9 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

He freaked when AA told him I was in an accident, but not to worry about it. 😱

I would say that's a understatement. So glad you were ok. The other story with the person with the sunroof, oh my that's horrible. I remember Firestone paying out a lot of money on those defective tires. I hope you got some.

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

DH and SIL’s weekend project is pulling up all these bricks, re-tamping the ground, then re-laying all the bricks and adding new sand.  They have a couple of helpers, the 8 & 10 yr old. 

C413EE62-84F9-4F4A-925A-06DBC7B7D901.jpeg

That is a miserable job. We did it on the Mother’s Day weekend. We actually thought about re-laying the brick, but it was so ugly, we decided not to.

The general concept is compacted gravel, some nice drought tolerant plants, hot tub and enough (pretty) patio stones to make a path to the hot tub. We shall see! 

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Time to fix that

Yes I think you will love a Old Fashioned. Here is the Special Sea Dog's Old Fashioned Recipe:

1 oz. Bourbon

1 oz. Rye

1/2 oz. Meletti Amraro (It's a Liqueur )

1/2 oz. Oleo Saccharum Syrup (I use "Proof" Original Syrup, but you can make your own simple syrup or use 2 dashed of orange bitters)

Orange peel

Try it I think you will like it. Cheers!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

Full disclosure…that’s my brother’s kitchen.  Beautiful but wouldn’t fit in our house…

image.jpeg.9dc8ebc9cea34452f22f78921af7441a.jpeg

OK...so is this your house or your brothers?  Really beautiful!  Post card perfect!  🙂 

• Like 1

That’s our Victorian.  Named New Haywood.  Completed in 1888.  Called “New” Haywood as it was built from materials used for a previous house, Haywood.  The owners dismantled a Federal style house further back from the road and built this one.  So our heart pine floors and stair rails and stained glass are who knows how old…. And let me just say, it is absolutely true, they don’t make them like they used to!!!

• Like 12

3 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

That’s our Victorian.  Named New Haywood.  Completed in 1888.  Called “New” Haywood as it was built from materials used for a previous house, Haywood.  The owners dismantled a Federal style house further back from the road and built this one.  So our heart pine floors and stair rails and stained glass are who knows how old…. And let me just say, it is absolutely true, they don’t make them like they used to!!!

Lovely indeed!  🙂 

38 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

It is gorgeous!

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

What is wrong with 8:45 in the morning? That gives you plenty of time to perfect the mixture.😇

The only drinks that I'll have at 8:45am are a Bloody Mary before a round of golf (tradition for my annual guys golf trip) or a Mimosa on a cruise.  I do agree that practice makes perfect. 😉

2 hours ago, island lady said:

As the great Jimmy Buffet tells us..."It's 5:00 somewhere".  😄   Arriving in CA a few months ago, it was 9 am there, but my stomach told me it was noon (FL time).  Yes I had that glass of wine with early lunch.  😄 

You can do worse than live the Jimmy Buffet lifestyle 😁.  As we were unpacking, we found a nice looking clock that no longer works (don't think it worked before the move...can't blame the movers for this one).  Micheline permanently set it at 5:00 and put it on the bar.  Will be interesting to see which of our guests get the meaning.  

42 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Yes I think you will love a Old Fashioned. Here is the Special Sea Dog's Old Fashioned Recipe:

1 oz. Bourbon

1 oz. Rye

1/2 oz. Meletti Amraro (It's a Liqueur )

1/2 oz. Oleo Saccharum Syrup (I use "Proof" Original Syrup, but you can make your own simple syrup or use 2 dashed of orange bitters)

Orange peel

Try it I think you will like it. Cheers!!

Thanks!  That looks really tasty.  I like the idea of a shot each of bourbon and rye. I go back and forth between using bourbon or rye for my Manhattan.  Why not use both?  Off to get some Meletti Amaro. 🥃

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I go back and forth between using bourbon or rye for my Manhattan.  Why not use both? 

That's exactly what I thought. I had a version with Meletti Amaro with just Bourbon at a craft bar and thought hmmm why not have both? Let me know what you think? Cheers!

Edited by Sea Dog

2 hours ago, Arzeena said:

We have used VRBO and Air BnB as well and knock wood we have been lucky. No major complaints, maybe small nuisances at times and once some other renter walked in due to a mix up of unit addresses by the owner's secretary. It was taken care of immediately. We have only rented condos.

I too believe in reading reviews.

I too am big on reviews.  If most are good, I then tend to ignore a bad one here & there as probably written by a constant complainer.  If there are several bad ones, I pay attention. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Sorry to hear about Harrahs, that has been a big problem lately.  What tower were you in?  We try to stay far away from Bayview and Waterfront.  Enjoy the family!

We were in the Coastal Towers.  I guess with reservations made online and self check-in kiosks, it’s harder for hotels to screen guests.  But they should do something when they get a complaint at 2 am. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Arzeena said:

We have definitely met on a cruise!

My DH endorses it from your pictures. And he never remembers anyone! But says we have seen them and maybe even spoken to them!

That’s so funny! Now you’ve piqued my interest.  I tried to see a cruise history in your signature to see which ship we might’ve met on, but either you don’t have one or I can’t view it on my phone.  

7 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

That’s so funny! Now you’ve piqued my interest.  I tried to see a cruise history in your signature to see which ship we might’ve met on, but either you don’t have one or I can’t view it on my phone.  

I don't have that or have not ticked a square to show it.

Explorer, Serenade, Freedom, Liberty, Oais, Allure, Jewel, Grandeur, Enchantment?

NCL Jewel, Gem, Breakaway, Escape, Bliss, Dawn, Star?

Princess Ruby?

Celebrity Summit, Equinox?

HAL Veendam?

A Repo from Boston?

I honestly cannot pin point one cruise, but it will come to me in the oddest of places at the oddest of times.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I too am big on reviews.  If most are good, I then tend to ignore a bad one here & there as probably written by a constant complainer.  If there are several bad ones, I pay attention. 

Exactly.  That is common there could be one bad egg every once in awhile in the dozen...but if there are more than that...time to toss the carton.  😉 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I haven’t posted our daily activities for a couple of days.  Our California grandson is still loving his time here with us.  

Thursday was a very stormy day with lots of rain, so we took all the grandkids bowling.  They had a blast. 

F71723EA-B84B-45C6-892F-F1D44B6BB32D.thumb.jpeg.d6ca6e8a36a13b69c7ee3f499521b5af.jpeg

Granddaughter was celebrating her strike. 

35E5CA36-EC79-44DC-BC11-FEFEF1E176EF.thumb.jpeg.519a9afe80edc4739d8dd5ed6452e08b.jpeg

Friday here was cooler and overcast, so off we went to pick blueberries. 

7452ED0C-3359-43C9-B288-0AF7249E1FFC.thumb.jpeg.f79d5cfa48ee5b19154b60a381d1338a.jpeg

Somehow, more were ending up in the mouth than the bucket. 

C25A3623-D255-4410-8F5C-4F58156FA8CC.thumb.jpeg.29fe871503fdac3215af4530bc67287b.jpeg

C960ACEA-B0E4-41DE-9595-3EDD96C2BCA9.thumb.jpeg.7ba1d5bd8dc04b0367be7183d4ea82d9.jpeg

They did have some nice flowers there. 

4CD1EFF2-808B-451C-8197-BCD908C637C0.thumb.jpeg.73642a95f66fd556c254be21c534f9f2.jpeg

And, they all enjoyed feeding some fish

F614D9FD-3E40-401C-B11F-DE1AD0271674.jpeg

Edited by h20skibum
  • Like 12

19 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

You look familiar to me too.I have been taking pictures of everyone I met on a cruise if it is okay with them.I write their names on the back of the pictures and if we do another cruise on the same ship I bring the pictures with me and look for them to give them the pictures as I have with several people who post on CC.

The only person who I recall from RI was a guy named Ray who was an on air person for Channel 10.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

I don't have that or have not ticked a square to show it.

Explorer, Serenade, Freedom, Liberty, Oais, Allure, Jewel, Grandeur, Enchantment?

NCL Jewel, Gem, Breakaway, Escape, Bliss, Dawn, Star?

Princess Ruby?

Celebrity Summit, Equinox?

HAL Veendam?

A Repo from Boston?

I honestly cannot pin point one cruise, but it will come to me in the oddest of places at the oddest of times.

From your list above, we’ve done:

Explorer 3/15/13, 9 nt out of Bayonne.

Explorer 1/31/14, 9 nt out of Bayonne.

NCL Gem 2/18/15, 10 nt out of NYC

Freedom early April 2016, 7 nts out of PC

NCL Gem, 3/9/17, 10 nts out of NYC

NCL Breakaway, 12/29/17, 7 nts out of NYC (the infamous bomb cyclone storm Grayson cruise)

NCL Dawn, 3/15/18, 7 nts out of Tampa

Harmony, 12/2/18, 7 nts out of FLL

Anthem 6//6/19, 9 nts out of Bayonne. 

• Like 1