Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

18 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

and @sgmn

All my family and friends are keeping their fingers crossed for England today 🤞

Cheers Dani 👍

We've had 55 years of hurt , first time in a major final since 1966

Fingers crossed it goes our way.  We're not really huge footie fans (though my boys and my  brothers are ), but we'll be watching tonight,  less than half an hour to kick off 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Coincidences do happen too often.

We were on our honeymoon on a snorkeling trip off the coast of Waikiki.

A group of 12 of us.

We all started talking, where we were from and such.

One couple newly married as us said they were from South Dakota.

When our turn came we said we were from Youngstown Ohio

The girl then responds my best friend growing up now lives in Youngstown, do you Dr. *****

I got well she knows me more than I know her she is my gynecologist.

Like I was told years ago by my father, you never know who is around you where-ever you go, so never fart in public.  This way  no one will ever have stories to tell.

Small world

Good advice from my dad.

Very good advice.The world is very small.

29 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Cheers Dani 👍

We've had 55 years of hurt , first time in a major final since 1966

26 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks Dani.

Just saw that the Dukes of Cambridge brought Prince George to the match. He is soo cute in his suit and tie 😁

And now England 1 - Italy 0. GREAT 👍

Edited by dani negreanu
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Just saw that the Dukes of Cambridge brought Prince George to the match. He is soo cute in his suit and tie 😁

And now England 1 - Italy 0. GREAT 👍

I'm behind the sofa  peeping out between my fingertips 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Looks like we might have gone to the same place-, Byodo-In Temple in O’ahu.

The same, all right 😁 

I told myself "that's the closest I'll be to a Japanese temple for now, might as well visit it" [or in Japan, since DH has been there for work 7 times, and was not in a hurry to visit again😢].

DH was more interested in the birds above ground....

DSC_0782.JPG

DSC_0789.JPG

DSC_0807.JPG

Edited by dani negreanu
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

These are the universal rules for our provincial ball association, a quick version for the 14U age group. There is a 7 inning max. No new innings after two hours.  They finish the innings they are in if needed. There is a mercy rule after of 10 runs after 5 innings.  Pitching is 60’ and bases are 90’. 

They also have strict pitching regulations, so the kids don’t premaritally injure their arms. In 2020 they added extra nights of rest between games for set pitch numbers.  Owen pitched under 35 yesterday so he needs no days of rest. It goes up from there, with the highest being bracket being 81-95 pitches needing 4 days of rest before they can pitch again. Different ages have different rules.

As for the time regulations, other games happen afterwards at the diamonds and it keeps games on schedule.

It was a noon start yesterday for us, but all of our diamonds have lights. The next game at this field is a night game, with an 8:30 start. 

My son stopped playing almost 15 years ago and he had similar restrictions, he was primarily a pitcher so remember those pitch counts and trying to stay under a certain number so he could could pitch in x amount of days again.  Glad to see they are thinking about the boys health.

4 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

As you know my wife and I have been on 8 cruises with Eva and Bob .I wonder if you ever met any of the following:

Susan and Ray from NJ.We have been on 7 cruises with them.They cruise mainly with The Gem and RCI ships .

Patricia and Jim from Manhattan.They cruise exclusively with NCI.we have been on a few with them.

Evie and Phil from NJ.We have been on 5 with them,mainly on RCI.

Linda and her late husband from Long Island .They only cruised on NCL .

He was a medical doctor.

We know Pat and Jim. They were literally residents on the Gem and knew everyone.

And ofcourse, Eva and Bob are like parents that we can be blessed enough to pick ourselves.

I do not remember or may not have met anyone else you mentioned.

5 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Lucy the other day in the gardens was zipping around like she was crazy on cat nip. 

She’d sit still for a minute. 

EDD5F86B-CA6E-463F-9C45-F620548EB755.thumb.jpeg.6c324f9018a328c002249a904abcafa7.jpeg

Then she’d bolt like she was barrel racing. 

0885BDC9-A1E2-4E5E-8861-BF1F3807E3AA.thumb.jpeg.c78b6c3581dc188c93653f7f24dfe89e.jpeg

She even climbed the tree. It was interesting to watch. 

1640FDBB-F3A5-49C5-823F-9F4A6F83797B.thumb.jpeg.9dfc42194b8a26713fe6fbbd2e3a2eea.jpeg

Could the "other stranger cat" be slinking around Lucy?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Tim Kaminsky, yes, Brenda Kaye (hyptonist), Alison and Zander (illusionist), some Donahue (Murphy OBrian), Dave Heenan( looooong time ago), Jerry with a J,   Oh God so many more I know I enjoyes but the names escape me.

I remember the couple...Ariel and something? I remember Jose and Patti who were great but their crowd was mainly the Shushing Karens who scolded you if you clapped and cheered loudly, so I lost interest in those performances.

I’m not sure I ever knew the female singers name.  I believe the name of the band was Great Expectations or something very close to that. She had waist length black hair and he had very long (past his shoulders) hair as well.  I’ve read about Jose & Patti - not sure we ever heard them.  We enjoy listening to music but don’t do many “shows”, except a few comedy here & there. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, singinalot said:

question…why are they taking their medals off as soon as they put them on? tradition? luck?

The England players were not happy coming in second, they wanted the gold.

If you noticed the Italian players didn't take their medals off.

Edited by Jimbo

1 minute ago, singinalot said:

that’s what we were thinking but didn’t want to assume incorrectly 

They probably didn't even want to be out there to see the Italy players picking up the tropy at the end either.

They really wanted to be back in the locker room.

2 hours ago, Arzeena said:

We know Pat and Jim. They were literally residents on the Gem and knew everyone.

And ofcourse, Eva and Bob are like parents that we can be blessed enough to pick ourselves.

I do not remember or may not have met anyone else you mentioned.

Yes,Pat and Jim do know everyone but I introduced them to Eva and Bob.

• Like 1

Just now, A&L_Ont said:

No, we haven’t seen here in ages. Every once in a while she does this. 

They get the "Zoomies" :classic_biggrin: Ours races through the house and bounces off the furniture sometimes. :classic_biggrin:

• Like 5

49 minutes ago, singinalot said:

that’s what we were thinking but didn’t want to assume incorrectly 

I guess if you aren’t first, you’re last. It’s always hard to lose, especially in front of the home town crowd. I also noticed many were gone before medals arrived. 

• Like 1