Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

12 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

He also told her she really shouldn't be using that especially if the fire was due to space heaters.     She gave him a nasty look and walked out of the room.     Ha!  

For some strange reason I suspect on a cruise your MIL would be a chair hog, and when caught would ream out the deck crew when her towels and processions were taken away.  Then she would watch and report other chair hogs to make their lives miserable.

12 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I had a conversation with the supervisor outside and asked if he could casually mention to her that township building inspector may be stopping by in the near future to make sure the electrical is to code and that house is safe and habitable.      He had no problem with helping out.    When his crew was getting ready to leave for the day he gave her an estimated timeline of the work that will be done with sheetrock repair, painters, etc. and casually slipped in about township L & I inspector (perfect!)

I’m glad they helped. For some reason I suspect this is a somewhat common occurrence for them to do. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

@Maitaivegas Are you ready for the ice and snow?  The ice is my biggest concern.  1/2 to 1 inch predicted.  We finally got the garage cleared out enough to get the car in. The last time I remember a lot of ice, it sound like shotguns going off when the branches snapped off.  Stay safe.  

You stay safe too!     

Yes, you are right the sound of snapping branches is amazingly loud.   Hopefully you won't hear it.

How is Kenzie and family feeling this week?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

For some strange reason I suspect on a cruise your MIL would be a chair hog, and when caught would ream out the deck crew when her towels and processions were taken away.  Then she would watch and report other chair hogs to make their lives miserable.

That's a funny one I can definitely picture in mind happening.    

Or she would snoop at personal belongings left on chairs.    She is a huge snooper.     Many years ago she was at my parents house for a holiday dinner and she disappeared for a while.   My Mom  found her in my parents bedroom snooping through their bureau drawers.    I forgot what lie she told when she was busted But my Mother had words with her and she was never allowed in their house again.   Eric's Dad was alive then and he was so humiliated and couldn't stop apologizing.    

• Like 3

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

I have a 1 PM appt for the Pneumonia vaccine which was already postponed once.If I can get out of the house tomorrow I will go regardless of the weather.

Postponement was probably for the  best. Now that Pneumovax20 is out, it covers more strains and it is one shot and done.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

When I was put on a low sodium diet, it amazed me how much sodium there was in everyday items like bread, cheese, so much more.  There's salt in just about everything, it seems. Probably because it's a preservative.

My doctor told me to throw out most canned goods in my pantry.

Have you ever looked at how much sodium is in a can of Campbell's soup?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

She is a huge snooper.     Many years ago she was at my parents house for a holiday dinner and she disappeared for a while.   My Mom  found her in my parents bedroom snooping through their bureau drawers.    I forgot what lie she told when she was busted But my Mother had words with her and she was never allowed in their house again.   Eric's Dad was alive then and he was so humiliated and couldn't stop apologizing.    

That is disgusting.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Greg, CC usually advise putting spaces between names when citing emails... like g..  7  at   gmail  dot  com, so that robots fishing for addresses will not catch it. Just a thought 😘

Thank you wish I would have thought of that. My bad. Here comes the phishing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

When are you due for the storm to hit?  We're expecting 1/2 inch of ice as well.  

Ditto to stay safe!

When I was put on a low sodium diet, it amazed me how much sodium there was in everyday items like bread, cheese, so much more.  There's salt in just about everything, it seems. Probably because it's a preservative.

My doctor told me to throw out most canned goods in my pantry.

Lenny, please don't endanger your and Toby's lives by going out in dangerous weather.  It is so not worth it.

I won’t.Thanks,Bonnie

18 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yup, peeking in someone's medicine cabinet is one thing but to actually go into someone's bedroom and do that is Disgusting as well as many other adjectives.   

After someone stole things from my kids medicine cabinet I have wanted to fill the cabinet with marbles to catch a future snooper/thief.

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

7 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

MTD question for those that have done in MDR.  We usually do traditional dining for first seating at 530 pm.  

Cruise we booked yesterday said TD was filled up and we would have to do MTD.    We are kinda liking the idea to go at maybe 6 or so for port days.  If we do this can we get same waitstaff or will we get moved around to different waiters?

We've been doing MTD for years now, and almost always have the same waitstaff, and same table.  

6 hours ago, Keksie said:

My mom would argue with me but if an authority told her the same thing she would go along with it. 

My Mom would always go along with what an authority told her to do.  That was just my Mom!❤️

4 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

We're hoping to be there a week from today.... Just scheduled the dreaded PCR test. It will be a first for us, somehow we managed to dodge his unpleasant test until now....

Good luck to you and DH for your PCR test next week, Dani!

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Hi Dani.

We went for afternoon tea at the Burj Al Arab in the Sky bar in February 2017 and I screenshot these photos from my TripAdvisor review in March 2017.

Bookings are still being taken for afternoon tea.

Graham.

Screenshot_20220202_200925.jpg

Screenshot_20220202_200849.jpg

Screenshot_20220202_200824.jpg

Lovely pictures, Graham!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

My Brother and I were very fortunate to have very loving and very hard working parents.    My Mother was an English Teacher for 35+ years and my Father worked as a mailman walking over 7 miles a day for 30+ years and for several years when we were very young he worked a 2nd job at a candle factory for a couple nights a week just to make sure we all had everything we needed.    Which we did and more!    

Some of my best memories are at our family shore house (my parents bought their first shore house at LBI with my Nana when I very young...probably around the time Dad was working 2 jobs) and our many road trips.     We all loved doing road trips and as a family had lots of fun.

IMO, they were the BEST Parents Ever!   

Although at 13 or 15 years old I may not have said that-LOL!

When Eric met my family and got to know them I remember him telling me how Lucky I was to have them.    

That is wonderful,Debbie.

My mother was a wonderful person but unfortunately she suffered from many serious illnesses and left the planet much too young.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Another winter storm is coming to our area. I was sent on a mission with another 12-16” of snow expected to come. You might just call it another day in Canada. 😆

C221A78E-B9BD-4E07-9521-B050CCD401DA.thumb.jpeg.baa84248848604f3761105ab83181b8b.jpeg

Mission completed. Storm chips and ice cream, hot chocolate, and a coffee to go. I got milk too, but that’s not as exciting. Bring it on Mother Nature. 

D29B47F0-A291-4444-8F39-644076FF3D77.thumb.jpeg.2b9306997e701fde880817887727564b.jpeg

03758F8B-A82F-42C5-92A8-942470E754D2.thumb.jpeg.052b5c34313c6640cf68300888f9b420.jpeg

Everyone should think like you😀

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yup, peeking in someone's medicine cabinet is one thing but to actually go into someone's bedroom and do that is Disgusting as well as many other adjectives.   

At trivia one of the questions was what percent of people go thru other peoples medicine cabinets. IIRC it was 40%. We were shocked and so far off base. Glad our guest bathroom doesn’t have much in it. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Speaking of sodium in soups, when Charlie was first sick,  before we found out he needed a heart transplant, we were giving him tons of Campbell’s soup to make him feel better!  Poor guy, we were killing him as he was in heart failure 🥴

Eric has always loved soup and I did the same😥

• Like 2