Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

31 minutes ago, George C said:

When I bought my 2010 fusion, I could have had for just a couple of K more a mustang V8 , I always regret my decision but at the time wanted a four door and without a doubt would have had way more speeding tickets if I bought the mustang, 

Only had one, a Georgia  super speeder.  I was used to our 75mph Fl speed limit on I95, so I didn't think 85mph  was particularly fast. 

When I retired in Ct, I had a 4wd Ranger lease, so I turned it in for a Mustang. They has a GT but I didn't like the color, and they had 3 others, only one a manual,  V6 coupe. so I got it..   Couple of years later , I was sitting at home, DW was off on a medical mission to Bolivia , I decided a V6 just did not sound right.  And I wanted a convertible. Just so happened the dealer had a nicely equipped one  on  the lot. Coyote V8 with a 6 speed stick.  Wife was surprised

with this shiny new convertible sitting in the garage when she got home. And it sounded just right. But I turned 80 last year, and sometimes my legs get sore, so I drive the fusion.  We have a decision to make. Trade the Mustang, or get rid of both and get an SUV, and save on insurance.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Little spring time in Southwest Virginia from our house.

20240425_140005.jpg

20240425_140018.jpg

I've noticed you have such a beautiful place. 20 or more years ago I'd have sure loved it, now so much work, but you keep it beautiful. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Ok, I am deeply concerned about my mental well-being. I was driving in the car listening to XM Coffee House and one of my dear friend's, TS, new songs came on..... and I liked it.🫨🥹🥹

Well after all she IS your dear friend and ex-neighbor. 😉

• Haha 4

50 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Well after all she IS your dear friend and ex-neighbor. 😉

She has not sold the house. When she does become an ex maybe she will write a song about me.

• Haha 20

What a beautiful, sunny day for us today. 

Enjoyed breakfast and lunch out with our grandkids, plus a little time exploring new life at the lake. 

IMG_1010.thumb.jpeg.815a4030d36f631e240ec69bff095aa5.jpeg

Then, there is always time for ice cream. 

IMG_1014.thumb.jpeg.c2255b07c810ddec647b68a854025360.jpeg

IMG_1015.thumb.jpeg.410e2fdaa7469cd03c5effabc1d16993.jpeg

Meanwhile, our budding artist worked on her life size family chalk art.  There may have been some tracing involved. 

IMG_9840.thumb.jpeg.ee48c1c0166570ba7f9494f087abb830.jpeg

Looking forward to granddaughter’s first traveling concert tomorrow. 

• Like 28
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

DS hiked 5km solo today to the RCAF Canso plane crash site.  The plane crashed shortly after takeoff in 1945.  There is a crater shaped pond nearby from  where the rescuers detonated the bombs on board rather than attempt to carry them out.D6D1C687-A6EC-4CEB-BFA5-568EA3D007F8.thumb.jpeg.84bb18ebd64652481e91d63a208ce66a.jpeg

A guy I follow on YouTube filmed this 3 years ago. The video is only 5 minutes long but tells the history. 

If you came across the abandoned building on your hike he shows it and shares the history as well. It looked like a beautiful hiking route. 

If you like this type of history he also featured another plane that crashed on a remote location on Vancouver island near Port Hardie. It is near Hardie Bay.  

This plane site is less visited. Three years ago the noted that there was no graphiti at all there. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Tomorrow we are having a sporgie.

IMG_4968.thumb.jpeg.420b0f975a8f87f402e5321c2bbd6a17.jpeg

We leave for Toronto at 9 and the gates open at 1pm. The hockey starts at 8 and the doors open at 7pm. We have a room at the Sky Dome hotel so it’s steps from the ball park. 

For the Jays game all food and drinks are included with our seats. I’ve been planning my grazing. 

Both sports venues are minutes from each other. 

httpsmktg.mlbstatic.combluejaysdownloadspdfsy2024TDLounge_Menu_V3_pdf.thumb.jpeg.213a5e52a4a8116e8d2104262276b07a.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 15

Monday night I developed a pain in my abdomen…Tuesday it got worse…when it hadn’t gotten better Wednesday morning I called my PA’s office…no available appointments this week…but they have a walk-in clinic…no appointments necessary.  So off I went there.  I was really impressed!!  Very nice people…I was seen in about 29 minutes…provider wanted a CT scan done…walked next door to their lab and in ten minutes I was having the scan.

The staff were all so very nice!!  I grew up with my father being the Director of The Emory Clinic, VP of the Woodruff Health Sciences Center and head of the cardio thoracic department…all surgeons who thought they were gods…. To meet medical professionals who treat you like a friend was so nice especially when you’re scared and in pain.

I got the lab results by the time I got home.  Of course I had no idea what it meant…🤭  But then a text that an antibiotic had been sent to my pharmacy.  So now I’m on the mend and it’s great to know a walk-in no appointment needed option is available!

The girls have been taking turns being furry heating pads.  Their warmth and purring is very soothing!!

• Like 22

7 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I've also been shopping / researching / looking at TV's since the beginning of the year.  I've put that purchase on-hold for now due to a few other big expenses occurring but I can give you some insight from my experience.

Short Story: Follow @bobmacliberty & the CNET guide advice.  I'll also throw out Tom's Guide as they usually speak plain English

https://www.tomsguide.com/us/best-tvs,review-2224.html#section-tv-benchmarks-comparison

Long Story: I've been all over the map. Initially not wanting to spend a lot of money (TCL, Hisense), then deciding I was going to go high-end for premium picture quality since I watch a lot TV,  probably to much. Finally decided on a few mid-range to high-end models from Sony & Samsung that I was waiting to go on sale.

First, pick the TV size you'd like. The picture resolution is so good these days you can probably go bigger than you realize without eye-strain. There are online guides out there to help you choose. Ignore all the tech-spec numbers & acronyms as it can become confusing since different manufacture with use different acronyms form the same technology*. Pretty much all TV's are smart TV with 4K resolution, also called UHD (Ultra-High Def) or FHD (Full High Def). 

Decide on price & where to buy. I've found that Best Buy, Amazon, B&H Photo, Walmart generally have the same "sale" price. I've had good experience dealing with knowledgeable, non-pushy sales people at Best Buy.  I'm usually a "middle-of-the-road" guy, not the cheapest or the most expensive but I won't mind spending a little more for something that I'm going to use every day for the next 10 years.

*  I know more about OLED,QLED, QNED, nits, color temperature, blooming, dimming zones than any sane person should ever know. LOL

I will checkout Tom’s guide .  I don’t have your patience to do all that research.  I hope , you are soon watching your favorite programs on your dream TV .  

Thank you for your help. 

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

We leave for Toronto at 9 and the gates open at 1pm. The hockey starts at 8 and the doors open at 7pm. We have a room at the Sky Dome hotel so it’s steps from the ball park. 

For the Jays game all food and drinks are included with our seats. I’ve been planning my grazing. 

httpsmktg.mlbstatic.combluejaysdownloadspdfsy2024TDLounge_Menu_V3_pdf.thumb.jpeg.213a5e52a4a8116e8d2104262276b07a.jpeg

Maybe you will get to see a Shohei homerun, he hit one tonight in the 1st inning.

Think I would go for the Lobster Roll and Smash Burger for starters.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

For sure I'd want the lobster roll. What did you decide on? 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

It is sunny but cool 39°C here in North East England.

Nothing planned for today as my knee and hip arthritis is painful.

The lawn people are coming out to put weed and feed/fertilizer on our back and front lawns today.

I hope everyone is safe and in good health and y'all have a good day.

12 hours ago, grapau27 said:

My heart medication prevents me taking anti inflammatory medication like Ibuprofen which is the main arthritis treatment.

I’m sorry to hear about your hip and knee pain. Is surgery your only option to help with the pain? 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Agreed anything anyone can do to avoid knee replacement is good. While I don’t regret getting mine replaced it’s a hard surgery and a long rehab. You have to ready for a new normal. That being said I now walk 50 minutes a day without any knee pain. Before I couldn’t even walk. From the car to the store without pain and limping.

Glad to hear you are doing much better. I didn’t realize it had gotten that bad before you had surgery.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, helen haywood said:

Monday night I developed a pain in my abdomen…Tuesday it got worse…when it hadn’t gotten better Wednesday morning I called my PA’s office…no available appointments this week…but they have a walk-in clinic…no appointments necessary.  So off I went there.  I was really impressed!!  Very nice people…I was seen in about 29 minutes…provider wanted a CT scan done…walked next door to their lab and in ten minutes I was having the scan.

The staff were all so very nice!!  I grew up with my father being the Director of The Emory Clinic, VP of the Woodruff Health Sciences Center and head of the cardio thoracic department…all surgeons who thought they were gods…. To meet medical professionals who treat you like a friend was so nice especially when you’re scared and in pain.

I got the lab results by the time I got home.  Of course I had no idea what it meant…🤭  But then a text that an antibiotic had been sent to my pharmacy.  So now I’m on the mend and it’s great to know a walk-in no appointment needed option is available!

The girls have been taking turns being furry heating pads.  Their warmth and purring is very soothing!!

That must have been very scary. Glad to hear you are doing better.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

@MJSailors I noticed that "other" thread has had some major cleaning. I hope our "friend" is in time out.

Thank you for the update @Ocean Boy. I hadn’t gone to that thread today.

Apparently, CC is monitored for posts that make negative , pointed remarks to a  fellow poster on a thread.Or, someone reported the poster.

I had thought about reporting that poster, but thought if I didn’t respond to anything posted by that individual, they would get the messsge and give

up.

Take csre

MJ🙋🏻‍♀️

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, MJSailors said:

Thank you for the update @Ocean Boy. I hadn’t gone to that thread today.

Apparently, CC is monitored for posts that make negative , pointed remarks to a  fellow poster on a thread.Or, someone reported the poster.

I had thought about reporting that poster, but thought if I didn’t respond to anything posted by that individual, they would get the messsge and give

up.

Take csre

MJ🙋🏻‍♀️

Your posts are always so friendly and thoughtful. I was a little shocked. But I only looked at it once. I am not going to say anything else about people and the way they behave on message boards sometimes. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Wow--that's awesome, Greg!  I'm so glad to hear that you no longer have knee pain while walking!

How is Linda doing with her PT?

She just finished her last day with her rehab. Doing really well. Thank yo for asking. It's funny in that after her hand surgery she was doing well but lately she had been doing weights with her hands and arms for her shoulder and that has irritated her hand. I think it's short term.

4 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Anyone having an hour side with CC?  It’s not working on my iPad but it is on my phone. 

I did with my iphone. Tried restarting and still the same. I tried Safari and could get into main boards but not individual threads.

3 hours ago, NHProud said:

@Sea Dog  I hope , you are not in the path of the tornadoes. 

Take care . 

We dodged a bullet. It went to the south of us. Thanks Judy for checking in on us.

1 hour ago, ReneeFLL said:

Glad to hear you are doing much better. I didn’t realize it had gotten that bad before you had surgery.

Yes my knees were toast. 40 years of television camera work took it's toll.

33 minutes ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Yes - app isn’t working on my phone but going to the website has worked 

Same here not sure what's going on. I cleared my browser history and cache and still had probelms.

• Like 3