Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Had a lovely day walking 2km through the rainforest on boardwalks, exploring another beach and hiking up a very steep, very muddy ‘hill’, with no signage, no track and lots and lots of tree roots to clamber over….

Rainforest Trails

49A33FD0-260C-441E-8F5A-767284D14440.thumb.jpeg.edfc173d7bf58c603b89634ae020383c.jpeg

C1D920A7-2BC9-46E2-B900-8010DBF642A3.thumb.jpeg.62feae3d5a73a8104c2f609cd8e78907.jpeg

6976893E-0FBB-4DF7-B5A0-68A6F7571063.thumb.jpeg.5cb5457fcc5c618555aac193b5d53c59.jpeg

50BF1C60-914E-4C92-9830-974CF714F931.thumb.jpeg.5066c877cd8e7cc997f93c33daa239c4.jpeg

AF6497BC-A60F-486C-8BFC-A7F4F6AF6E9F.thumb.jpeg.d24333f9a48577eefce94939bdafe218.jpeg

So nice to visit Tofino in the off-season when it is not crowded.

This sign in the rainforest

- oldie but a goodie94E9DC3F-859C-431D-9DB6-D589A59F9DB7.thumb.jpeg.ae874a97671646f463008547bb6c4939.jpeg

The bottom of the track before we hit the steep incline…

DC252DEB-01F4-4FE9-9438-A3C7E1CF1F95.thumb.jpeg.9bdfb5b9785f6ec729e1421207d8bc16.jpeg

Views from the top were worth it though.B0B1F90A-5DEA-49DA-9432-C147D9AB6601.thumb.jpeg.4f691509b768fcade13868db8b0c3b5d.jpeg

4000D731-3140-44A7-91C7-53A1EDA494D7.thumb.jpeg.d92a0a4181e9697f3791579dad98fe65.jpeg

3ACE543F-0889-4018-B3B4-CF6DFA77F398.thumb.jpeg.a0ad7632495f0db96f504e4689119925.jpeg

FFE7FC08-8586-4981-8FC9-E10E03D0A0A5.jpeg

• Like 21
  • Thanks 2

Hello!  We are back!  Got home last night after about an 9 hour flight. We were exhausted.  It is nice to be home.  I see that I am about 50 pages behind on Dani’s thread.  I am not going to attempt to read those pages yet- (I did take a peek at only the last few pages though).  Lots to take care of at home first plus to shake this jet lag off of me. Then I will continue from where I left off to  share our adventures with you.  Please be patient.  I will have to edit all the photos before I can share.

Dani @dani negreanu So happy you got to be reunited with your family for Passover.

Marietta @DaniDanielle Happy 53rd Anniversary!

Sorry if I missed any other big or small news.  

• Like 16
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, aussielozzie18 said:

All I can say it is to clear the margins which is what you want to happen.  You should have  seen  the incision and the large number of stitches I got for a tiny red dot on the side of my face.  My colleagues were surprised I needed to take 2 weeks off work, so I sent them a photo of all the stitches…..Just an fyi - I religiously rubbed in the cream recommended by the surgeon  post op for quite so time.  It worked a treat.  All I can see now  is a area of my skin on the side of my face that is paler than the rest of my face.  No-one else would notice it

Thank you! I have heard about creams. Note to myself. I will have to ask about that as well. And I am glad to hear that it is not unusual He just froze the red spot off on my upper lip. 

Right now, he is just having me put Aquaphor ointment on it (which seems like Vaseline in a tube) and very large bandages. But I will ask about things that might minimize the scarring. Thanks again! 

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 6

11 hours ago, Luckynana said:

I believe I read that the new Below Deck season with Captain Sandy and Aisha begins in June🤔

BD season 11 still has 4 charters left, I think, which could possibly be shown in the next two or three weeks🤔 

Below Deck Med is coming back early because of all the issues with Gary from Below Deck Sailing Yacht.  They were filming season five with Gary as part of the cast when sexual assault allegations were filed against him from a makeup artist.  He has posted on another social media site, laying in a field of daisies, saying that he was "cancelled because of a lie". Captain Glenn has posted recently that he will be back in 2024 but nothing more than that.  Not sure if they totally reshot a new season or what as they are all under NDA's.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Below Deck Med is coming back early because of all the issues with Gary from Below Deck Sailing Yacht.  They were filming season five with Gary as part of the cast when sexual assault allegations were filed against him from a makeup artist.  He has posted on another social media site, laying in a field of daisies, saying that he was "cancelled because of a lie". Captain Glenn has posted recently that he will be back in 2024 but nothing more than that.  Not sure if they totally reshot a new season or what as they are all under NDA's.

Interesting. I had heard about the allegations but had not heard anything new. Gary is a predator and should have been gone from the show years ago. Currently Ben on BD reminds me of Gary. Maybe not as creepy but way to handsy on the stews.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Coralc said:

So. Armchair physicians. ☺️ Why does a half to three quarters of an inch lesion require a FOUR INCH incision, with many, many stitches? I will ask when I go to have them removed. And I am thankful that it was removed. And it is horizontal on my thigh, not vertical. So that is good. 

I am just curious at this point, how the perimeters are determined. They still send it off to the lab to see if enough was removed. It just seems a little excessive. And since I couldn't watch, I was kind of surprised. ☺️

I had a very tiny one on my shoulder that “required” a 3 inch incision which seemed very excessive. I was shocked and didn’t plan to take time off work.  My shoulder was hugely bruised and where it was at, it made it hard to raise my arm for a few days. I missed 2 days of work unexpectedly and was pretty upset for not being warned prior. 

I’ve had many of these, most on my face. Once the stitches are out, all healed, no scabbing left and 3 weeks post op I start using silicone scar strips.  If I’m not out in public they are on 24/7.  It flattens the scar and honestly works miracles. It works better than scar creams. I use them for a couple of months after each time.  Sold on Amazon. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

When I had Mohs surgery on the side of my nose I was horrified that the tiny spot required the crater he dug out of my face and the huge unwieldy bandage on my nose.  Couldn’t wear glasses.  I felt the dermatologist should have prepared me for what the incision might look like so I wouldn’t have been so shocked.  But it healed well…and DH had an idea what his might look like when the sun finally caught up with him…

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

53 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Interesting. I had heard about the allegations but had not heard anything new. Gary is a predator and should have been gone from the show years ago. Currently Ben on BD reminds me of Gary. Maybe not as creepy but way to handsy on the stews.

Ben is a piece of work.  Don’t see the attraction.

• Like 4

20 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

So nice to see you with your family again. How is the family settling in in Amsterdam?

Beside being apart from the whole family, they're settling in nice. Very peaceful and quiet....

16 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Happy Anniversary Marietta and Charlie. Wishing you both many more "happily ever after" years.

+ 1   💐   Marietta and Charlie @DaniDanielle

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

It is 32° this morning, and we have frost.  Hope everyone had their plants covered last night.   I think last night was our last freeze warning for a while.

We had frost concerns here a few days ago.  It dropped to 36⁰. Forcast shows no more below 50⁰ Sharon got the plants covered. 

Kenzie helped her clean it up.

image.thumb.png.dbc64ee3131479b7570e7e78aebe62cb.png

image.thumb.png.80b4b4e198ff8f49f171786ca0505de0.png

image.thumb.png.fa823b914fda9e3228577927d851e1e7.png

They made fun out of it.

I checked the plants yesterday and they are doing great. 

image.thumb.png.1f0e91fccaf47a36099a732753aabe19.png

image.thumb.png.2f9081da475ef0c0e704d13781079b75.png

image.thumb.png.6d3adf0a9cd026a58422350545670b93.png

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

Thought I’d share these two photos that I received yesterday taken by the crew photographer on board our Vancouver Island Whale Watch.  

First photo is the Humpack we saw.

Second photo - love that this photo of the Orcas is taken head on.2618B0B9-BB52-47BB-A041-285E7A1C5238.jpeg.947b23d47fa42dd0a26121fd23ec9a5c.jpeg

8CA08B09-A463-4A76-AE53-B84A79606065.jpeg.540889d698ac7e563384d2ace0e4d540.jpeg

• Like 20

4 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

4 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Thank God Gary is gone. Apparently he’s still in denial about his disgusting behavior. Totally agree with @Sea Dogabout both Gary and Ben. Luka, who I really liked at first was also getting a little creepy in the way he was acting towards the stews. As far as I’m concerned I don’t care if they don’t bring back BDSY at all. I’ve never been a big fan.

• Like 5

@MJSailors

MJ I feel upset for you.
🥰

Ask us here and we will try and answer anything you want to know.

As for your answer: I believe your hubby read an older article/info. These days it is up to personal preference/choice. If you believe it is needed to protect you or if you to keep others safe, then keep it with you.

Don't worry my hubby googles up old info sometimes and informs me "did you know....." and I have to tell him "yes I knew....3 years ago."

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, cruiselvr04 said:

I had a very tiny one on my shoulder that “required” a 3 inch incision which seemed very excessive. I was shocked and didn’t plan to take time off work.  My shoulder was hugely bruised and where it was at, it made it hard to raise my arm for a few days. I missed 2 days of work unexpectedly and was pretty upset for not being warned prior. 

I’ve had many of these, most on my face. Once the stitches are out, all healed, no scabbing left and 3 weeks post op I start using silicone scar strips.  If I’m not out in public they are on 24/7.  It flattens the scar and honestly works miracles. It works better than scar creams. I use them for a couple of months after each time.  Sold on Amazon. 

Thank you! I will look for scar strips on Amazon. 😊

It has been discussed before at length however I can’t find it so any help here would be appreciated. I’m not looking for in depth replies just basic info of what to look for in buying a streaming TV. We are not into complicated technology and gaming . Just basic stuff.  We’ve been watching our 36” not smart TV but have to switch because that is what Direct TV is using . 

Thank you .

Off to the “Big City” (Pittsburgh) today, and Apple Car Play was giving me fits.  At least we got to CF ok, and we split a Cuban sandwich for lunch. 

IMG_1002.thumb.jpeg.9f65d55991b549bb95c2410d264c1421.jpeg

Had hopes of saving room for cheesecake, but too full. 

• Like 10

6 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

Whether this allegation is true or not, Gary should be gone. He is too much of a creep.

• Like 5