Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

9 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

10 days of "nail biting" and emotional roller coaster ended today.

After the last week Iranian attack upon Israel, most of the airlines cancelled, again, their flights.

DS2 was supposed to arrive for the Passover holiday Saturday, the 20th. Rental car with 48 hours free cancellation.

Checking with the airline early Thursday (18th) -- the flight is a "go".

Friday morning "we" retaliate (who thought to attack Iran a couple of days before the Passover, with the risk of returning everyone of us to the shelters again??? no answer from "above").....

In no time at all, DS2's flight was cancelled. The airline agreed to reroute them via Paris. He counts himself lucky... Friends of his, who already checked their bags Friday morning, were rerouted via.... Abu Dhabi, spending the night flying East in order to get West.

BTW, the rental were very understanding and waived the cancellation fee.

Finally, we were reunited with our grands late this afternoon. What a huge relief and joy !!

So happy you will be able to spend time with your grands.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

10 days of "nail biting" and emotional roller coaster ended today.

After the last week Iranian attack upon Israel, most of the airlines cancelled, again, their flights.

DS2 was supposed to arrive for the Passover holiday Saturday, the 20th. Rental car with 48 hours free cancellation.

Checking with the airline early Thursday (18th) -- the flight is a "go".

Friday morning "we" retaliate (who thought to attack Iran a couple of days before the Passover, with the risk of returning everyone of us to the shelters again??? no answer from "above").....

In no time at all, DS2's flight was cancelled. The airline agreed to reroute them via Paris. He counts himself lucky... Friends of his, who already checked their bags Friday morning, were rerouted via.... Abu Dhabi, spending the night flying East in order to get West.

BTW, the rental were very understanding and waived the cancellation fee.

Finally, we were reunited with our grands late this afternoon. What a huge relief and joy !!

Mark @h20skibum -- what a beautiful party. Well done, so glad your granddaughter enjoyed every minute of it.

@DaniDanielle -- hopefully Charlie is better and you're taking care of yourself too.

@aussielozzie18 -- aussie, as usual, your pics are stunning. Thanks for sharing.

Happy to hear you are all together for Passover Dani.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you ALL for the well wishes.

I'm thoroughly moved by some many of you who posted.

The happy reunion. From 5C to 34C in one day....

image.thumb.jpeg.4795283f6a580876e123ecc59d7778c6.jpeg

DS2 & Co. are based at our in-laws (the parents of our DIL). We'll get the grands for a couple of days and nights.

They're here until Saturday, 4th of May.

DH didn't cook much, apart from chopped liver, since until the last moment we didn't know what the "situation" will be and if they'll make it here.

He'll start tomorrow on the chicken soup and, more important, on the "gefilte fish". There will be also a new "edition" of chopped liver for the second "seder" on Sunday night. 

• Like 43
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

DS2 & Co. are based at our in-laws (the parents of our DIL). We'll get the grands for a couple of days and nights.

DH didn't cook much, apart from chopped liver, since until the last moment we didn't know what the "situation" will be and if they'll make it here.

He'll start tomorrow on the chicken soup and, more important, on the "gefilte fish". There will be also a new "edition" of chopped liver for the second "seder" on Sunday night. 

Great picture of you and your family.  I hope it is a quiet time, while your family is there, so you can enjoy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Lovely family photo Dani.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Oh, those beautiful smiles tell it all!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

What lovely picture of your family.🥰

Have a safe and wonderful celebration.

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

So nice to see you with your family again. How is the family settling in in Amsterdam?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Finally, we were reunited with our grands late this afternoon.

Oh I'm so pleased for you all.  I've been thinking of you and wondering if they made it home for Passover.

Big hugs all round 🤗 

Ps edited to say that's a lovely family photo of you all together 

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Still working at collecting ducks today. This was the classic “drunk duck”. She was already floating on her side. 

IMG_0998.thumb.jpeg.7943a2d432c985af1aee9f746ecc3b19.jpeg

It is a tough job, but someone has to do it. 

• Haha 16

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

Fifty three years ago, this happened!IMG_0023.thumb.jpeg.d484c01d36cc2e5f31d57c0b7d6f72c7.jpeg

Happy 53rd Anniversary, Marietta and Charlie.💍🌺  Beautiful picture!!  Enjoy your Special Day!🌺

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful!!  I'm sure you are/will be enjoying this visit to the fullest!❤️

The smiles on everyone's faces tell it all!!!🥰

Speaking of "geilte fish"...as Jim and I were driving home on our last day of our trip from Naples, we were listening to a radio station that was talking about the many dishes that are part of your Culture.  I always wondered what "gefilte fish" was but never checked it our.  So, as Jim was driving, I googled what it was and how it is made.  Sounds like I would enjoy it!  I've always loved and enjoyed Matzos...especially with butter and salt.

Enjoy your Passover, my friend!  Looking forward to meeting you and DH on our Bella Cruise!❤️

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1