Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, MJSailors said:

Bonnie-I think you are right about the Tootsie pop.

That would be a good avatar for Graham as he is in the confectionary business and he has a sweet (as in pleasant) personality!

MJ🙋🏻‍♀️ 

Agree!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MJSailors said:

@Ocean Boy Maybe theposter got a warning, not a time out.

I did notice their posts were deleted on “that” thread.

I also could not get CC on my IPhone, but did get it on my iPad.

So, not an individual problem but something with CC as a number of people experienced a glitch.

It is a bright and sunny day on Eastern LI.

Wishing all posting here a pleasant Saturday!

MJ🙋🏻‍♀️

It was very sunny here earlier this morning but now it is getting cloudy.

Next week there are temperatures close to 80 expected.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Etta1213 said:

I wonder if natural anti inflammarories like turmeric would do any good.

Thank you @Etta1213

Tumeric reacts with high blood pressure medication and also Lanzoprazol which I was prescribed after my heart heart attack because I have to take 75mg aspirin.

I think I will ask my local pharmacy about tumeric. 

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1

In 1968 I was treated by a Holistic Practitioner who helped me greatly for an orthopedic problem.I have an appointment in June for a Holistic Neurologist who closed her practice in Manhattan and is now in LI.She was highly recommended to me.

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you for your advice Greg.

Doctor's are happy to offer replacement operations if I want them but I am reluctant to go down that route.

Yes I would hold off as long as you can before getting knee replacement surgery but it may be the best thing to do if you are in constant pain like I was. You might look into stem cell transplants as well as I discussed earlier.

46 minutes ago, George C said:

We watch cbs morning show every Saturday, one of the things we like is they show restaurants around the world and lots in New York City, todays show featured Oceana cruises , all the food looked outstanding, lots of caviar , they also said there French restaurants have a French chef , Italian has a Italian chef etc , might need to take a serious look at them. 

We watch every Saturday too. Love the musical guests. We did watch the piece on Oceana and their chef. Both Linda and I said wow that food looks amazing. We might need to consider them in the future. I’m sure it’s not cheap.

7 minutes ago, MJSailors said:

When I consulted a neurologist for spinal stenosis, he recommended Tumeric for the inflammation.

The only thing is, I need to remember to take it regularly!

MJ🙋🏻‍♀️

Do you remember how much they recommended you take?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/26/2024 at 9:48 AM, Keksie said:

A selection of hand knit tops I have pulled for casual nights on our upcoming cruise.

Resized_20240426_082718.thumb.jpeg.659a521f8e5a1ac2ccac8c2990ac01d1.jpeg

Very nice!   Perfect for cruising.    When is your upcoming cruise?    What ship/itinerary?

• Thanks 1

On 4/26/2024 at 3:30 PM, MJSailors said:

@grapau27 Graham-I understand your situation.

My DH has arthritis in his knees and back.

Playing college football and rugby led to this present state.

He also cannot take anti inflamatories due to compromised kidneys.

He manages as best he can-some days better than others.

Glad you got out to the beach. Seeing water is spirit uplifting.

Our outing today is taking my car for inspection and oil change.

It is a 20 minute drive from home, so we will take in the bright sunshine and flowering trees along the way.

Wishing you and all who post here a pleasant day!

MJ🙋🏻‍♀️

Thank you MJ.

Arthritis and heart problems runs in my late mam's family.

Playing soccer and golf also contributed to my joint issues.

Sending you and your husband my best wishes.

Graham.

• Thanks 1

On 4/26/2024 at 12:24 PM, firefly333 said:

Crossing my fingers. Crossing off things to do. I spent this morning throwing away papers not sure its smart to throw away. Got a old laptop out of date I dont use but afraid to throw away.

8th grade certificates, so many memories my mom kept. 

This is me when I lived in hawaii and walked up to a falls daily and was in shape. Photo taken on the road to hana in Maui. Boxes and boxes of stuff she kept. I cant keep them all forever, though she kept them. Her marriage certificate, so many memories. I am not even looking at every paper  too sad. I wish so much she was still here to talk to her. She kept everything in files. .. everything. I threw most out. Kept her retirement folder in case there is a problem with the irs. Almost nothing else. Stuff probably should be shredded. Birth certificates and such with ssn on them. Idk but I'm throwing all those papers out. Idk maybe some day I'll wish I'd kept this stuff. 

20240426_110950.jpg

Lovely photo!     You may want to check with a local Staples store and see if they have shredding service.   It is always best to avoid throwing away anything with your SSN on it.   

• Like 1

On 4/26/2024 at 3:48 PM, aussielozzie18 said:

Sorry you are unable to take meds to ease your knee pain Graham.  That would be tough.

That is  a beautiful sea wall in your photo.  Is it a scroll design or octopus?

Thank you.

Not sure what the design is.

16 hours ago, helen haywood said:

Monday night I developed a pain in my abdomen…Tuesday it got worse…when it hadn’t gotten better Wednesday morning I called my PA’s office…no available appointments this week…but they have a walk-in clinic…no appointments necessary.  So off I went there.  I was really impressed!!  Very nice people…I was seen in about 29 minutes…provider wanted a CT scan done…walked next door to their lab and in ten minutes I was having the scan.

The staff were all so very nice!!  I grew up with my father being the Director of The Emory Clinic, VP of the Woodruff Health Sciences Center and head of the cardio thoracic department…all surgeons who thought they were gods…. To meet medical professionals who treat you like a friend was so nice especially when you’re scared and in pain.

I got the lab results by the time I got home.  Of course I had no idea what it meant…🤭  But then a text that an antibiotic had been sent to my pharmacy.  So now I’m on the mend and it’s great to know a walk-in no appointment needed option is available!

The girls have been taking turns being furry heating pads.  Their warmth and purring is very soothing!!

Happy to hear you are on the mend.   Did you find out the diagnosis?

Last night Eric and I watched the movie Arthur the King (he either rented or bought it on Prime).    We both really enjoyed the movie and highly recommend.    Warning - a bit of a tear jerker.

Amazing true story!   

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Yes I would hold off as long as you can before getting knee replacement surgery but it may be the best thing to do if you are in constant pain like I was. You might look into stem cell transplants as well as I discussed earlier.

We watch every Saturday too. Love the musical guests. We did watch the piece on Oceana and their chef. Both Linda and I said wow that food looks amazing. We might need to consider them in the future. I’m sure it’s not cheap.

Do you remember how much they recommended you take?

I was watching the movie Tootsie my cousin can briefly been seen in it playing stand up bass in I believe the Russian tea room , funny thing is he has a full beard which I never saw him with before or after. Will text another cousin who is a professional drummer to see where he will be playing on our New York City vacation next month, he’s almost always at several places including Swing 46th.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Very nice!   Perfect for cruising.    When is your upcoming cruise?    What ship/itinerary?

May 4th out of Tampa on Enchantment.  Bahamas, Cocoa Cay, Bahamas and Key West.

• Like 4