Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Did this a few years ago.   I agree...great fun.  More fun sitting in the front of the vehicle than in the back.  Finished with a nice dinner and a belly dancing show in the desert.

Sounds like the same excursion as mine. I was on a three week training course and had a few days off in the middle. Hubby, sons and mum came out for short holiday. The company laid on the desert safari and the belly dancers tried to get my eldest son, 14 at the time, to dance with her. He quickly did a disappearing act. 

Camel rides, bbq, falcons , and henna hand painting completed the evening.  Great fun and recommended if anyone is in Dubai 

• Like 5

After receiving the groundhog’s depressing winter news, I thought I better head to the store to stock up before the storm.  On the way, I saw a robin which is supposed to be the first sign of spring.  Obviously, she did not get the memo on 6 more weeks of winter. 

One thing we have encountered is many of the deli departments in our grocery stores are closed a couple days a week due to staff shortages.  Today is one of those days, so I decided to drive out to the Amish Cheese House to pick up some deli items.  

Besides having very good meat and cheese, the place has many unique items.  For instance, do you need an Amish baby doll for your collection?

C2C33D53-CC50-485F-B723-4A96065EDDE5.thumb.jpeg.9b4a8c81437e0cf444d0e9901e54c689.jpeg

They also sell this, but I think I would be hesitant to try it.  

CB6F23E2-BC2F-455A-896D-833D5E11D98B.jpeg.3f3a02137e936d97d4fd287d649476a8.jpeg

Why?   Because maybe, just maybe, it is. 😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 11

4 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

After receiving the groundhog’s depressing winter news, I thought I better head to the store to stock up before the storm.

They also sell this, but I think I would be hesitant to try it.  

CB6F23E2-BC2F-455A-896D-833D5E11D98B.jpeg.3f3a02137e936d97d4fd287d649476a8.jpeg

Why?   Because maybe, just maybe, it is. 😂😂

I don't need the store for "dog drool", or "kitty piddle," I have that at home for free 😄

I may not have enough toilet paper but I'm stocked real good on this! Good day for a warm toddy!

IMG_7813.thumb.jpg.2905dfc21058bdfc7af0942bd347f31b.jpg

• Like 7
  • Haha 8

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

That's ridiculous, I feel I drive better than most young people. Older, smarter and probably a little more cautious. I always wanted a Jeep Rubicon.

Bingo ! We in the business shake our heads when the consultants come to town and try and tell us what our audience wants. We look at each other and say, "who are they talking to." We firmly believe that they (consultants) most definitely under estimate the intelligence of the audience.

No you are exactly right and we in the business don't understand why we have to do it.

Great comfy day. It has snowed about 2.5 inches and is still snowing. Here is a pic I took upstairs after doing my pre surgery exercises. The pups aren't sure what to think. Their little legs don't get them very far above the snow level.

IMG_7812.thumb.jpg.5ad0bcbaa883024a9d962c38a6b2b5d4.jpg

I'm on the same drug. I was doing 10mg but I started getting swelling in my feet and ankles which is a side effect. My doc backed off the dosage down to 5mg and I don't have any swelling. When I first had the swelling I freaked out think that alcohol use was the culprit. Now that I know I will keep drinking my bourbon as usual.

I’m now off Amlodipine since I got my pacemaker and am on 80mg of Sotalol twice a day and 25mg of Losartan. Amlodipine worked well keeping my bp down, but I had some swelling, too. 
Now I’m like the middle car in a cb convoy, just rocking along. 

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Camel rides, bbq, falcons , and henna hand painting completed the evening.  Great fun and recommended if anyone is in Dubai 

We're hoping to be there a week from today.... Just scheduled the dreaded PCR test. It will be a first for us, somehow we managed to dodge his unpleasant test until now....

And no, Dubai isn't "settling" for less than a PCR 😢

• Like 11

7 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

We're hoping to be there a week from today.... Just scheduled the dreaded PCR test. It will be a first for us, somehow we managed to dodge his unpleasant test until now....

We had managed to dodge testing too, up until Christmas, but have now been tested a few times.  You can do it!  Some have been better than others.  I swear one person was trying to see if they could make the swab come out my ear! 😄 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

We also have been doing MTD for years and request the same waiter and table too.  We have had no issues doing this on any ship and have sailed every class ship but Vision class.

We get the same waiter and table most of the time, unless we request another.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Dubai is lovely Dani.

Are you cruising from Dubai?.

We have cruised twice on Brilliance and once on Vision from Dubai.

Pauline loved the shopping malls and gold souks.

If you take any medication bring your prescription and keep medication in its original containers.

Do not take Co- Codamol as Codeine is illegal there.

Hope you have a fantastic time there.

Graham.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

57 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Sounds like the same excursion as mine. I was on a three week training course and had a few days off in the middle. Hubby, sons and mum came out for short holiday. The company laid on the desert safari and the belly dancers tried to get my eldest son, 14 at the time, to dance with her. He quickly did a disappearing act. 

Definitely sounds like the same excursion...Arabian Adventures.  

APC_0776.thumb.JPG.cd3aabdd782774ce497120277433f330.JPG

IMG_5566.thumb.jpg.3e2dc48a8ecffa44ef96ac675b0623ca.jpg

IMG_5572.thumb.jpg.f92ca6fe7c002a71791ed754c8c60233.jpg

Our driver had a slight problem on one of the dunes. 😁

IMG_5553.thumb.jpg.afc6498e1e1defc952f6178b80e92d75.jpg

IMG_5550.thumb.jpg.5679ee74c6aa3c8208f7a25c6d43299d.jpg

• Like 7

On 2/1/2022 at 7:22 AM, Arzeena said:

Sorry but I have to say this: I do not understand the "annoyance" some of you guys have towards Lenny.

Why does anyone have to ask him? I say why not? It's absolutely OK.

Why does anyone have to bother? Then don't!

We have met Lenny personally and he is one the nicest people ever on CC! No airs, no pretending, no I am better than thou attitude. Yes, there may be moments, but everyone has those moments.

No need to say your sorry for how you feel. I shouldn’t have said what I did. My apologies to all who read it. I don’t understand the way he answers things. It’s as if he’s dropping hints like he wants people to guess who or what he is talking about. Apparently I read it wrong.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Of course but BP taken maybe 3 minutes apart does not have such a dramatic drop like I had.  In my case the first BP was totally incorrect.  I'm glad one BP pill keeps my BP down.

All this mom and dad chat is making me feel blessed more than ever that I had the best parents in the world.  My in-laws were wonderful but then they did live over 5,000 miles away from us.  😉 

I am seriously kidding but not about the wonderful part.  That they were.

My father in law died before we were married.The only negative about my mother in law was that she hated my beard and offered me $300 to shave it off.I did but 14 years later and she could not remember making the offer to me.I grew it back but it had nothing to do with the money.

Now we are the in-laws.My son in laws are wonderful guys ,they are like sons to us.My son in law Glenn who lives less than 5 minutes from us and works from home 3 days a week calls and asks if we need him to do anything for us ,like shopping or taking me to doctors.

• Like 10

DD is back from running around the Western US, she had a blast seeing Ateez 

Ateez is a awesome Kpop boy group that she loves the most.

She is not happy about being isolated in her room until Friday evening minimum.

She better hope she tests negative.

She called it a prison, I called it a hotel room with a limited room service menu.

She tells me they are coming back this year, oh boy. I figure I will jump on a last minute cruise while she is gone.

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

My father in law died before we were married.The only negative about my mother in law was that she hated my beard and offered me $300 to shave it off.I did but 14 years later and she could not remember making the offer to me.I grew it back but it had nothing to do with the money.

Now we are the in-laws.My son in laws are wonderful guys ,they are like sons to us.My son in law Glenn who lives less than 5 minutes from us and works from home 3 days a week calls and asks if we need him to do anything for us ,like shopping or taking me to doctors.

Lenny, I know you meant you and Toby but that first sentence made me giggle.  Not that he died, of course, but it looked like you were to be married to him.

• Haha 7

I have a 10am lab work appointment tomorrow, which due to the impending ice storm will not happen.  Walkins are welcome but with an appointment you don't have to wait around until appointments are seen.  It is impossible to cancel!

Phone robot:  If you want to change an appointment, please say your confirmation code right now.

Me:  ABCDEF

Robot:  POWVIS is that correct?

Me:  NO

Robot: If you want to change an appointment, please say your confirmation code right now.

Me: ABCDEF

Robot: I'm having trouble understanding you.  Please go to our website................

Me:  Hanging up and cursing.

I will wait until tomorrow to schedule an appointment for Monday.

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

4 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Magia! Mangia!

My daily Amlodipine (Norvasc) pill does wonders for me.  I'm hoping that with less stress, less salt, and more exercise in retirement, I can go from 10mg per day to 5mg per day, and then off it completely.  I should probably include less alcohol on that list but...

I am fortunate.  My father was in the army and my mother didn't know many other people on the base.  I was the first born.  She put her full attention on me and documented everything that I did in tremendous detail (including detailed toilet training notes!).  When I got married, she gave me a box full of pictures, baby books, and other mementos, plus a VHS tape of all of the videos that they had taken.  My younger brother and sister didn't get nearly as much. 

If there's one thing I've learned in life, it's to never underestimate how stupid people can be.  

@Sunshine3601 - Building on Andrew's point, would your MIL get rid of the space heaters if she somehow thought that it was her idea (e.g. to save money)?  Sounds like she may be rejecting important suggestions/help like this because it is from other people telling her what to do, even if well intentioned.  I don't know how to trick her into thinking it's her idea, but that might help.

Did this a few years ago.   I agree...great fun.  More fun sitting in the front of the vehicle than in the back.  Finished with a nice dinner and a belly dancing show in the desert.

I was on 10mg Norvasc .It was lowered to 5mg,then 2.5 .Now it is 7.5 a day plus 25 mg of Metoprolol.I watch my salt intake.I exercise as much as possible plus two days a week of Parkinsons exercise.Prior to January 2021 I had great BP readings.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

@Maitaivegas Are you ready for the ice and snow?  The ice is my biggest concern.  1/2 to 1 inch predicted.  We finally got the garage cleared out enough to get the car in. The last time I remember a lot of ice, it sound like shotguns going off when the branches snapped off.  Stay safe.  

Thank you for thinking of me. You be safe if you are out driving in it.

The last storm we got when the ice was breaking, I thought someone was shooting a gun lol.
I’m sorry but you can’t take the LA out of me, I’m the only one who probably locks everything up here.
coming from So California I really dislike snow and ice. I’m really grateful my DD doesn’t have to go out in it since she works from home.

The only think that worry’s me is if Walmart can deliver our groceries Saturday since we don’t have a car.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

@Maitaivegas Are you ready for the ice and snow?  The ice is my biggest concern.  1/2 to 1 inch predicted.  We finally got the garage cleared out enough to get the car in. The last time I remember a lot of ice, it sound like shotguns going off when the branches snapped off.  Stay safe.  

Have you ever heard a tree split? Very impressive how loud it is.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

Hmmm.  I also spy Blanton's and Jefferson Ocean, but I don't have the Rip Van Winkel in my collection (yet).  Very nice.

Yes you and I have the same taste. The Rip Van Winkle 10 was a huge score. I hope some day you can get a bottle. It's so fantastic. btw, still waiting on your address to send you some Melitti Amaro.

gpsteele7@gmail.com