Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

7 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I think she has an allergy to certain uncooked cheese.

Food allergies are so frustrating because you almost never know if something is properly cooked or has ingredients that you are allergic to. I'm glad she is better.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Sea Dog said:

Food allergies are so frustrating because you almost never know if something is properly cooked or has ingredients that you are allergic to. I'm glad she is better.

Thanks.

Part of her cheese/tuna Panini had not been toasted properly and she said it was cold.

She left most of the Panini and after eating my barbeque chicken toastie I ate half of hers and fortunately it didn't cause me to have an upset tummy and why we deduced she must have been allergic to the cheese.

• Like 1

Just now, A&L_Ont said:

The issue will be flying to Jost from Canada. 

From my research Looks like most fly in St. Thomas. I'm sure it's probably not cheap. I have traded emails with Lucy who is the reservations manager and Maria who is the on site manager. They are so nice and will do anything to make your stay wonderful. If you look at the photos, it looks like the popular places like soggy dollar and foxy's are far away but there is a path that leads you between the two beaches. We had decided if the ships couldn't sail this year we would do a week there. It's not much more than the price of a cruise.

• Like 1

Beautiful morning today with a slightly lower temperature. 

171DA80A-E5FB-48B7-B448-D4C46EBA6C20.thumb.jpeg.35a0523aa1cbf15bd9cff0214f3249a1.jpeg

Owen is riding his bike for his at home school

gym challenge. He rides a kilometre every day and tries to beat his previous time. 

E84A7D9A-2A0B-4656-AEF5-9820A9C2A6DD.thumb.jpeg.7a259176c0fb24d4e97038114cfd6f3d.jpeg

Our neighbour was also headed home from working some land. At the very beginning of the video you can see Owen on this bike. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 7

5 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Loved it there. Went to Jost when we chartered a boat on a Harmony cruise. The issue will be flying to Jost from Canada. 

I will check out the resort. 

Most resorts in the BVI sends out a boat to pick you up from Tortola. So you fly to Tortola. Don't know about direct flights to Tortola, so would have to fly to STT first and take a connector. Yes, too much flying, but worth every penny for paradise.

I went to Jost on a day trip from a Celebrity cruise two years ago and never wanted to get back on the cat that ferreid us there. First time in my life I really wanted to miss the ship and become a castaway, but DH would just not have it!🙄😉😄So here I am!🥴

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

We are back from our 2 weeks in FL.  Posting this brief trip report here since these were our “routine” last 15 days.

it felt wonderful to be on a vacation. I think I mentioned mask wearing was a mixed bag. Felt strange at first but we quickly adjusted. Even places with signs saying masks required were not enforcing.  
Someone here suggested Lorelei’s in Islamorada for dinner.  It was great & beautiful sunset. (Pic 1)

Spent 2 nights in Bonita Springs & decided when we do start spending a couple of months in FL in the winter, this is where we’d like to be.  Went to Coconut Jack’s for dinner; they offered us a “waterfront” table 😱. We held out for one a little further back (zoom in on pic 2)

Also a beautiful sunset from Bonita Beach (pic 3)
We had a few hiccups but were able to adjust on the fly. Our hotel in Sarasota (4 nights booked) turned out to be very run down; surprising for Hyatt Regency, we’ve always had great luck with them.  Only stayed 1 night. Tried to get a Disney Resort for the remaining nights using our DVC points but no luck. Was able to snag the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress in LBV for the nights we needed & it was great. We did not go to parks, just dinner @ Disney Springs.  
Our last stop, Hammock Beach Resort in Palm Coast, I had booked an ocean front room.  They could not get A/C to work in the room so we were moved to a large 1 bedroom suite in main building. Still a beautiful view, just a little further back from the beach.  (Pics 4 & 5)

We also realized what we love about cruising. You settle into your cabin and then everything is pretty much at your fingertips.  Want a snack, pizza, ice cream, drink, coffee, heat music, see a show, etc - you just walk to it.  No changing hotels/rooms, driving to restaurants, looking up directions on your gps or phone.  Plus you are transported from one place to another - while you sleep!

Grateful we were able to make this trip but happy to be home.

AD34182B-1494-4122-A2EA-6CFB2F1CB2EF.jpeg

F2672647-691C-41EE-9B94-FB47BA5E4E0B.jpeg

0AAF5DEF-BFD5-41D3-8ED0-049887F0DE03.jpeg

2D12DA7D-E7ED-4508-A73A-BF6F60174096.jpeg

D2551B72-486F-43C2-9F73-C5449B0B64A1.jpeg

You were so happy...you flipped for joy!  😉  

Love Coconut Jacks!  They have the best coconut fried shrimp!!  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Most resorts in the BVI sends out a boat to pick you up from Tortola.

Yes you can either take the ferry from STT to JVD.

Direct from STT to JVD (via St. John) Fri, Sat & Sun only 2:45pm - Must land in STT before 1:30pm
Daily ferry STT at 5pm to West End Tortola then to JVD at 6pm  - Must land in STT before 3:30pm

It takes approximately 50-60 minutes from STT to Road Town and approximately 15 minutes from West End to Jost Van Dyke.

or do a water taxi which is more expensive. From their website:

Our private White Bay Villa Water Taxi costs a flat rate of $350 one-way for up to 4 guests. Additional guests are $87.50 per guest (up to 10 guests). Customs fees are $65 per person (to JVD), and $25- 40 (to STT). Customs fees vary but you will only be charged what is due and will be returned any excess funds. Captain’s gratuity not included.

2 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Have suitcase will cruise!

We have the Millenium in July out of SXM. Oasis in end of July (which is in ? status currently). Anthem in November and January. Princess in Feb. Waiting for Memorial day sales.

But I am not rushing to book the rest because of a sellout....plenty of cruiselines, lots of fish in the sea.😉. Wherever there is room, we will go.

We shall see first sailing of millennium is only a week away from St Maarten we are scheduled to sail on her July 3rd, also have Allure in November and Summit in February on a music charter.

• Like 2

We just booked this AM the Celebrity Edge for 6/26 - our 48 th anniversary celebration................and then extend it for the 7/3 & 10 cruises too. They just made a port change - San Juan is out - Nassau is the replacement.............BOOOOOO!!!!!

I promise to post here what our experiences are for the first ship sailing out of the USA. You will read the Good, Bad and the Ugly (hope that it is a GOOD)!!!!!

• Like 9

18 minutes ago, cruise wizard said:

We just booked this AM the Celebrity Edge for 6/26 - our 48 th anniversary

Captain Kate is due back from her 3 months vacation beginning of June. You're in for a treat 😁

BTW, we had our 48th in January 😉

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Captain Kate is due back from her 3 months vacation beginning of June. You're in for a treat 😁

BTW, we had our 48th in January 😉

Congratulations on your #48 - ours is on 6/30.

We have cruised with Captain Karin on Serenade of the Seas - we joked about back parking a ship. Looking forward to Captain Kate - seems like everyone loves her. We will have 3 weeks to get to know her and find our way around the Edge.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

We also realized what we love about cruising. You settle into your cabin and then everything is pretty much at your fingertips.  Want a snack, pizza, ice cream, drink, coffee, heat music, see a show,  etc. - you just walk to it.  No changing hotels/rooms, driving to restaurants, looking up directions on your GPS or phone.  Plus you are transported from one place to another - while you sleep!

Grateful we were able to make this trip but happy to be home.

So glad you've enjoyed your trip. Very nice places and sunsets.

Couldn't agree more about all the "comfort/commodities" cruising affords - after many many years of doing land trips, I got fed up with all the "strategy" involved in planning those trips.

Not to mention DH's preference to decide "on the spur of the moment" ...

Agreeing only to book hotels for the 1st and last night of the trip and a very "general" idea where we are going...

Starting to look for a place to sleep at ~4PM, and "living off the suitcases"....

• Like 1

Today baking nut keiffels; 6 dozen for church. 4 dozen for bachelorette pre-dinner cocktails. 
My mothers favorite recipe.  If I recall the recipe is around 60 years old. 
House smells great!!!

Of course saved a few for the DH. Good spouse. 

3F6F1FFC-5C85-430C-B536-1D64A1667B7B.jpeg

• Like 7

@cruise wizardI'm jealous. 

We were booked for a 10 night on the Edge this fall.  Then they canceled that cruise so we rescheduled to a different sailing (same ship).  Then the word of no cruises over 7 days and they went and canceled the second one.  I wasn't interested in the 7 days so I'm on the 10 day reflection with "edge" pricing.  I'm not terribly excited about it.  What is annoying is that my sister switched to the Apex 10 night and hers did not get cancelled.  I wanted the Edge as it went to BVI.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Already looking for land destinations if we can fly to the islands. Thinking ships might at bee booked by the time we can safely.

The problem is there are so many I like.   We have stayed in Bermuda a couple of times - love it, we have stayed in Aruba 3 times, love it, we stayed in St. Lucia, love it, stayed in Antigua twice, love it.    Which island would you pick?

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks.

Part of her cheese/tuna Panini had not been toasted properly and she said it was cold.

She left most of the Panini and after eating my barbeque chicken toastie I ate half of hers and fortunately it didn't cause me to have an upset tummy and why we deduced she must have been allergic to the cheese.

Glad she is feeling better.   You just don't know, it could have been the tuna sat out of their fridge for too long, could have been the mayonnaise or could have been cheese that sat out too long too.     One thing, I probably wouldn't eat a tuna panini again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Today baking nut keiffels; 6 dozen for church. 4 dozen for bachelorette pre-dinner cocktails. 
My mothers favorite recipe.  If I recall the recipe is around 60 years old. 
House smells great!!!

Of course saved a few for the DH. Good spouse. 

3F6F1FFC-5C85-430C-B536-1D64A1667B7B.jpeg

Oh those look so good!