Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

11 hours ago, Coralc said:

What a wonderful day with your son! I am an only child too. Which is awesome, until your parents get older. :classic_tongue: I'm sure you are very proud of your son. I know my mom was really proud of my biology degree and a career as a well paid biologist.

And what great gifts! :classic_biggrin:

Sometimes I felt guilty that we could only have one child as Linda almost died after giving birth and the doctor said we shouldn’t risk another pregnancy but Jonathan seems fine with being an only child. He does get spoiled but he tends to spoil us too. He is a very loving kid. Thanks for your comments. My mom was an only child too.

5 hours ago, sgmn said:

Yes Greg, RCs Diamond = Elite on Celebrity.  This is the highest you can transfer too, your points start at zero though.

You get happy hour drinks menu unlimited between 5 and 7 (not first night), but if you've got always included drinks package it doesn't really make any difference 

Other perks are one bag each wash and fold laundry,  Elite breakfast with speciality coffee and mimosas.  Plus meet the officers evenings, 90 min each wifi and a few other things

Thank you for this info. Looking forward to becoming a Diamond after our next two cruises. Thanks to Royal’s double points promotion we will have achieved Diamond after only 5 cruises.

5 hours ago, sgmn said:

Your son sounds wonderful Greg and what great presents, may have to pinch the whisky kit idea 

Thank you. We are proud of him. He’s a good kid.

4 hours ago, sgmn said:

Here are a few pics of the ports of our Greek and Malta cruise.

The port for Olympia. We've been here before so just stayed in port and wandered through the lovely little port area 

RHODES we spend the day exploring the city but didn't have enough time to do it justice 

Santorini,  beautiful day, took the ferry to Oia

Mykonos,  took the ferry to Delos and then spent time in Mykonos 

Athens, took the bus into the center, saw the changing of the guards and as very hot and we've been to Athens before we went to the cool acropolis museum 

Malta- did a wonderful cruise excursion,  called three cities and harbour cruise,  wonderful day, our best port

Lived seeing your pics. Reminded me of our wonderful cruise to the Greek Isle’s for our honeymoon. Santorini was my favorite followed by Mykonos and Rhodes. So glad you had a great trip.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, akcruz said:

@sgmn great pictures, have been to Athens but none of the other ports, definitely moves thus up on my list, some day.  Glad to hear you had a good cruise, we missed you and Dani.

I would definitely recommend all the ports Sue and Dani went to.

Best times to go are May early June, September and October.

You miss the school holidays plus the heat and humidity is overpowering in July and August unless you just want to sunbathe.

Mediterranean cruising is all about visiting famous sites with long days ships tours.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, NHProud said:

That’s what I would have done ! 

The restaurant is on a very busy street.He saw a parking spot and grabbed it otherwise I have no idea how long he would have been driving .There are no parking lots or parking garages in that town.He does so much for me that I could never complain.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Hi everyone! Good news to report today. Owen’s wrist is lined up perfectly, so he will not require surgery. When they removed the temporary cast, his wrist is still quite swollen. But, he is now sporting a dark blue for the Athletic’s (his team colour) fibreglass cast. Much lighter and easier for him to manage. We will be back to the fracture clinic on July 4th for a new cast once the remaining swelling is gone. We will find out more about healing time at our next appt.

FCD63568-66BD-4BC8-89C4-ED72B37CB455.thumb.jpeg.6b3401ce13fe1f1ff0a765f8520e46fc.jpeg

That news had to be a huge relief for all of you!

I hope he heals fast. 

• Like 3

Just got home from a bike ride. While I was at the lighthouse a helicopter crash landed. I was watching it fly and iit seemed to be sightseeing. Suddenly it was getting very low and started heading toward land. Afer it got over grass it just dropped to the ground. One person aboard who walked away unhurt. I ran over to make sure he was ok.

Aside from that, the beaches are packed today.

• Like 22

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

I would definitely recommend all the ports Sue and Dani went to.

Best times to go are May early June, September and October.

You miss the school holidays plus the heat and humidity is overpowering in July and August unless you just want to sunbathe.

Mediterranean cruising is all about visiting famous sites with long days ships tours.

Graham.

Yes we did our 1 Med cruise in August as that was when both kids were off.  Enjoyed but it was HOT.  We only 1 sea day with long port days.  Kids stayed onboard in Crete saying they had enough.  Best, if you can call it that, comment from my then 16 year old son was at Epeshus as we got out of the van "More rubble?".  He now asks if we can take him back as he didn't appreciate it, sorry you are you're own now.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Just got home from a bike ride. While I was at the lighthouse a helicopter crash landed. I was watching it fly and iit seemed to be sightseeing. Suddenly it was getting very low and started heading toward land. Afer it got over grass it just dropped to the ground. One person aboard who walked away unhurt. I ran over to make sure he was ok.

Yikes.  Glad they were unhurt. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Yikes, how scary, glad he was OK.

Our big news here from yesterday, an 84 year old man was mowing his yard which was on a retention pond, gator came out and pulled him under.  A few hours later both were taken out of the water, gator was "humanely" destroyed 😪.

• Like 6

7 hours ago, sgmn said:

Here are a few pics of the ports of our Greek and Malta cruise.

The port for Olympia. We've been here before so just stayed in port and wandered through the lovely little port area 

20220615_120554.thumb.jpg.cef27c1119074b05256f5438a05269d9.jpg20220615_121807.thumb.jpg.d6a5912f69ce5f1325b4dc9a31cdb12b.jpg

RHODES we spend the day exploring the city but didn't have enough time to do it justice 

20220616_132414.thumb.jpg.609d73a8b77c8bdd976ccc4375bbd307.jpg20220616_170055.thumb.jpg.62f2cf27d06798dbd367fc7b811c4ea4.jpg

Santorini,  beautiful day, took the ferry to Oia

20220617_133244.thumb.jpg.2f0af5ef3c3ab60ca99f8946d7ffeab3.jpg20220617_125153.thumb.jpg.d69a7f13f96a013eaa37f439a04c8bc2.jpg20220617_130643.thumb.jpg.4b0226aa96e910ecd1ced027399f380d.jpg

Mykonos,  took the ferry to Delos and then spent time in Mykonos 

20220618_112922.thumb.jpg.73c54cd2cf958e067d76d3629c10efe1.jpg20220618_160003.thumb.jpg.7db9fb1883c91d0d7f900c81042cfb17.jpg20220618_143356.thumb.jpg.db8f7475324e6153624e983efc8806f7.jpg

Athens, took the bus into the center, saw the changing of the guards and as very hot and we've been to Athens before we went to the cool acropolis museum 

20220619_104900.thumb.jpg.d199eefa16a3d1f7f59b12167a1a88b6.jpg20220619_122603.thumb.jpg.da346a7ca7d0c25a3efbf52e311f9697.jpg

Malta- did a wonderful cruise excursion,  called three cities and harbour cruise,  wonderful day, our best port

IMG-20220621-WA0002.thumb.jpg.4853db42eae7dadedb5d42d1aedffd65.jpg20220621_085924.thumb.jpg.cb88046b70fd5e0eee1c02cb4c60af51.jpg20220621_092144.thumb.jpg.0a4db08e33e8cd04eb0dfa4cb1c44214.jpg20220621_095907.thumb.jpg.024617f4614a778a24a5908fd39950cc.jpg20220621_113230.thumb.jpg.442419c6db258afd5cf10e693a7631f4.jpg20220621_114031.thumb.jpg.379e23356631bd159d30a33c10f52570.jpg

20220616_172010.jpg

Wow, I love those pics!  I want to go sometime.  Would it be a challenge for someone like me that just speaks English? 🤔 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, akcruz said:

Our big news here from yesterday, an 84 year old man was mowing his yard which was on a retention pond, gator came out and pulled him under.  A few hours later both were taken out of the water, gator was "humanely" destroyed 😪.

That's horrible 

18 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

After we got home he presented me with several gifts.

All in all I could not be prouder of my son and who he has become. It made my sad depressing day a little brighter.

That is wonderful, Greg.  Happy to hear you had a great time with your son!

18 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Hi everyone! Good news to report today. Owen’s wrist is lined up perfectly, so he will not require surgery. 

FCD63568-66BD-4BC8-89C4-ED72B37CB455.thumb.jpeg.6b3401ce13fe1f1ff0a765f8520e46fc.jpeg

So glad to hear that Owen won't be needing surgery!!!!

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Wow, I bet that was a crazy experience.   

18 minutes ago, akcruz said:

That is horrifying. 

18 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Dani, welcome back to the land of the Internet. Looking forward to hearing about your adventures.

Me too!!!!🛳️

16 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Yes, I would love all of these! Just kidding. He’s doing well considering. And getting plenty of TLC. 

I hope Andy is feeling somewhat better today.  Good luck on Tuesday, Deb!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Sometimes I felt guilty that we could only have one child as Linda almost died after giving birth and the doctor said we shouldn’t risk another pregnancy but Jonathan seems fine with being an only child. He does get spoiled but he tends to spoil us too. He is a very loving kid. Thanks for your comments. My mom was an only child too.

My father was an only child (his father had mumps after he was born), I am an only child, my son is an only child (his father is an only child too). My grandmother once asked me in front of my mother if I wanted a little brother or sister -  I emphatically said NO.   It does make for small family gatherings.  Talking with my friends who have brothers and sisters (all of whom have some type of drama with them) I am still ok being an only child!

• Like 13

56 minutes ago, akcruz said:

How do you humanely destroy an gator ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Thankfully the person was unhurt and able to walk away unhurt.  His angel was certainly with him!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, akcruz said:

How awful!  

31 minutes ago, Keksie said:

Talking with my friends who have brothers and sisters (all of whom have some type of drama with them) I am still ok being an only child!

Unfortunately, this is very true with my siblings in my family.😢  I come from a family of 4 girls and 4 boys.

• Like 2