Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

6 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

@Sea Dog Have to 2nd or 3rd Bayside Market Place. Little bit of everything there. Seems everyone that sails from The Miami Port for the first time ends up at Bayside. I'm sure you would have a lot of fun there.

Thank you very much I will do some research. This sounds perfect.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Thank you very much I will do some research. This sounds perfect.

Just included a link in my post, you can actually walk around the place and see if it your type of thing.

It's a 360 Virtual Map

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Just included a link in my post, you can actually walk around the place and see if it your type of thing.

It's a 360 Virtual Map

The link did not post but I can probably find it. Looked at some of the restaurants. the Mambo Cafe looks very interesting. I love Cuban and Puerto Rican food.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

You're in good company.  My daughter's birthday is January 7th as is Katie Couric's birthday.  I have no idea why I remember Katie's birthday.

That's like me remembering that my kid share(d/s) a birthday with Betty White, Steve Harvey and Jim Carrey.  My kid isn't all that funny, probably b/c these celebs got all the humor genes for that date! LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

5 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

The link did not post but I can probably find it. Looked at some of the restaurants. the Mambo Cafe looks very interesting. I love Cuban and Puerto Rican food.

If you like Greek food, I can vouch for Meraki Greek Bistro.  Kinda hard to find (it's down a weird alley, doesn't face the street at all), but good food.  Make a reservation if you want an outside table. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, helen haywood said:

I see “Power XL.”  Is that the brand name?  I’ve been wanting to get an air fryer.

Yes Power XL 7 qt.  I got a really good price, 69.99 at Target and I think it’s still on sale.

9 hours ago, Jimbo said:

@Sea Dog Have to 2nd or 3rd Bayside Market Place. Little bit of everything there. Seems everyone that sails from The Miami Port for the first time ends up at Bayside. I'm sure you would have a lot of fun there.

https://www.baysidemarketplace.com/visit/360-virtual-map

50 minutes at what temperature ? Degrees?

This was a 5lb chicken. 50 minutes at 350.  Start it breast side down for 25 minutes, then turn it over to breast side up for another 25 minutes.  Other than the buttermilk marinade, the only seasoning is a sprinkle of kosher salt on each side.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Yes Power XL 7 qt.  I got a really good price, 69.99 at Target and I think it’s still on sale.

This was a 5lb chicken. 50 minutes at 350.  Start it breast side down for 25 minutes, then turn it over to breast side up for another 25 minutes.  Other than the buttermilk marinade, the only seasoning is a sprinkle of kosher salt on each side.  

It looks delicious, Deb!  I'd love some right now, even though it's only 8:10 am☺️

• Like 3

10 hours ago, derorim said:

Last week we noticed through the window that there were some black butterflies fluttering about on our deck.  Yesterday we realized they were Black Swallowtails, and they had laid eggs on a parsley plant.  Those eggs turned into caterpillars, and they quickly devoured the parsley.  This morning I bought a second plant, and they seemed very grateful.  The way they eat the leaves reminds me of how we eat corn on the cob.  

Thank you for sharing!  I just showed this to my daughter, and she smiled and said this happened last year in the garden.  She told me she planted a small bunch of parsley right outside her kitchen;. Perhaps I'd like to see if they are there.  

She said she doesn't mind sharing with the caterpillars!😉

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

Here's the "purple" after spending 6 mins in the microwave...

image.thumb.jpeg.0a669fb93be5c5f47b82ff8d95e56aa7.jpeg

Pretty!

21 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

My lunch today.

Shepherds pie.

IMG_20220804_122123.jpg

Enjoy, Graham!  I didn't even have breakfast yet 😃

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Well, yesterday was a day to learn about corn again.  They said the corn is sweet, but not as big and fully developed because we haven’t had a lot of rain. 

These guys were identifying the ripe corn

AAB7BE75-A1B4-4D38-93B6-FE129BA87F6A.thumb.jpeg.81fdd9be7051f362a555d56ff51bee24.jpeg

and picking it the right way. 

17B1A7C9-528A-4364-877F-BCC655B285E3.thumb.jpeg.20a1bdd42469b0c25400e4345bd46e2f.jpeg

Afternoon was spent boating

8C292EA0-0C71-404A-A33C-0DB71F7FE501.thumb.jpeg.44d8f580bb758f5246dc709b4f778d60.jpeg
and tubing

6087971F-EDE2-4AD3-92DD-34D5E29CCF17.thumb.jpeg.047ed2ea47abbb002edbd5827335e293.jpeg

Today may be time for more boating in the afternoon.  We are hoping the forecast, for rain tonight, is wrong.  We have plans for Balloon Quest.  Tonight is supposed to be the balloon glow.  

• Like 19

4 hours ago, brillohead said:

If you like Greek food, I can vouch for Meraki Greek Bistro.  Kinda hard to find (it's down a weird alley, doesn't face the street at all), but good food.  Make a reservation if you want an outside table. 

Thank you I love Greek food. I've added this restaurant to my list as we haver several cruises coming up out of Miami.

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

My lunch today.

Shepherds pie.

IMG_20220804_122123.jpg

Looks tasty Graham.Cheers and have a great evening.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Thank you I love Greek food. I've added this restaurant to my list as we have several cruises coming up out of Miami.

I was so confused trying to find it.  I followed the sidewalk/alley between two buildings and it opened up into a courtyard area with outside seating for several different restaurants that bordered it.  Signage could have been much better, but I found it eventually and my friend and I both enjoyed our meal!

• Like 1

Just now, brillohead said:

I was so confused trying to find it.  I followed the sidewalk/alley between two buildings and it opened up into a courtyard area with outside seating for several different restaurants that bordered it.  Signage could have been much better, but I found it eventually and my friend and I both enjoyed our meal!

I saw the pictures and it looks wonderful. I love the menu. I am a big Mousaka and Patitsio fan.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

That looks really good.

Love the colors. Is the video sped up or is that in real time? If it’s real time they sure are fast. No wonder it doesn’t take long for some plants to get decimated.

The video is in real time!  I was happy to find them a second plant because the leaves on the first one are gone! 

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

Thank you for sharing!  I just showed this to my daughter, and she smiled and said this happened last year in the garden.  She told me she planted a small bunch of parsley right outside her kitchen;. Perhaps I'd like to see if they are there.  

She said she doesn't mind sharing with the caterpillars!😉

I don’t mind donating my parsley to them either. Our granddaughter is enjoying them too. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Sea Dog said:

I saw the pictures and it looks wonderful. I love the menu. I am a big Mousaka and Patitsio fan.

The town where I used to live, we had an amazing Greek restaurant at the end of my road.  I literally cried when they closed -- it was a huge place, but you walked in and you were family.  The owners would come and sit and chat with me if they had free time, they'd ask how my son was doing (he did beginner hockey with their grandson a bazillion years ago), and if I hadn't been in for a while, I'd be greeted with a hug.  

For a couple decades, they hosted the town's Greek Fest, and Stacy made ALL OF THE FOOD herself, by hand.  I know she deserves a good retirement and time to enjoy her grandkids, but geez, I was so sad to see that place change hands.  

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Thank you I love Greek food. I've added this restaurant to my list as we haver several cruises coming up out of Miami.

Looks tasty Graham.Cheers and have a great evening.

Thanks Greg.

Another great avatar.

IMG_20220804_130232.jpg

IMG-20220804-WA0000.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 10

Now for something random.  In our travels the other day, we ended up eating in that fine dining restaurant known as Cracker Barrel. 😏

It seems that this has become one of my CA grandson’s favorites, and we will take him anywhere he will eat good.   We don’t want to return him weighing less than we got him. 😂

I was being a good role model and ordered Double Fudge Coca Cola Cake for my meal, and I wanted something to drink that would go well with it.   I was surprised to find this on the menu!

6BD0F0DB-482E-4928-A71A-22469222F3FF.thumb.jpeg.dc3bff45aee4c894af2a2a88411fd968.jpeg

I don’t remember ever seeing alcohol on any Cracker Barrel menu, but this one in Ohio had several choices.   It actually was not too bad, and was as good as any Jack and Coke I have had.

• Like 13

11 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

I don’t remember ever seeing alcohol on any Cracker Barrel menu, but this one in Ohio had several choices.   It actually was not too bad, and was as good as any Jack and Coke I have had.

I saw a billboard referencing beer (I think?) at Cracker Barrel a couple weeks ago.  I had never seen a CB with booze before, either.  

• Like 1