Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

21 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Thanks for the info.  I just looked up the hotel with tax and parking, the rate is $433. They charge $32 for parking.  Are the exorbitant rates for airlines and hotels because of Spring Break?

Oops, sorry, I thought I was on Bella's thread.  

I know you meant this for somewhere else but you might want to read recent reviews of that hotel to see if it has improved.  We have stayed there many times and the last two times have not been good.  We are going to stay somewhere else from now on when we sail from Port Everglades. 

Lobby is updated and decent but rooms are old and dirty.  Our last room had a bathroom door that looked like it had been kicked in.  Time before we ended up being comped because of a dangerous, broken desk chair in the room that we didn't know about until one of sat in it.

I know you likely aren't going to stay there because that rate is crazy high but just beware if you find a better rate.  I would question them to see if rooms have been updated prior to booking.

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

I have been to Italy multiple times. The food there is AMAZING, but this Texan still enjoys Olive Garden from time to time. 😂  It’s like Tex-Mex. Not authentic but still OK in its own way. In my opinion. 😂😂😂

Did you see Stanley Tucci “searching for Italy “ on cnn on the first episode they went to the restaurant that first made pizza in Naples, we were at the same restaurant twenty years ago , definitely was of the best meals I ever had and very inexpensive.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, reallyitsmema said:

I know you meant this for somewhere else but you might want to read recent reviews of that hotel to see if it has improved.  We have stayed there many times and the last two times have not been good.  We are going to stay somewhere else from now on when we sail from Port Everglades. 

Lobby is updated and decent but rooms are old and dirty.  Our last room had a bathroom door that looked like it had been kicked in.  Time before we ended up being comped because of a dangerous, broken desk chair in the room that we didn't know about until one of sat in it.

I know you likely aren't going to stay there because that rate is crazy high but just beware if you find a better rate.  I would question them to see if rooms have been updated prior to booking.

I agree with this @BonTexasNY. We stayed there a few years ago and it was a one & done for us, unless the rooms have been renovated.  As mema said, the lobby is nice. They also have a very nice included full breakfast buffet as well as included cocktails & snacks in the evening, but still not worth staying in a run down room. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Momof3gurlz said:

My handyman is the best!  Washing machine appears to be fixed, I have a load running now.  The drain pump was clogged with dirt, sand, etc from the rug I washed ( it sits just inside the garage door to the mudroom where everyone wipes their shoes).  

28FB56C9-1752-4497-B2A5-7A162A4FDEA6.jpeg

AE95A427-BF8A-4699-B320-1620C279D6EE.jpeg

I bet he is happy to be able to do stuff now that his hardware is removed!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I agree with this @BonTexasNY. We stayed there a few years ago and it was a one & done for us, unless the rooms have been renovated.  As mema said, the lobby is nice. They also have a very nice included full breakfast buffet as well as included cocktails & snacks in the evening, but still not worth staying in a run down room. 

We have stayed at embassy suites on 17th many many times , last stay last year was terrible will not stay there again . Now book the Hilton marina , staying there again in November.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

My handyman is the best!  Washing machine appears to be fixed, I have a load running now.  The drain pump was clogged with dirt, sand, etc from the rug I washed ( it sits just inside the garage door to the mudroom where everyone wipes their shoes).  

28FB56C9-1752-4497-B2A5-7A162A4FDEA6.jpeg

AE95A427-BF8A-4699-B320-1620C279D6EE.jpeg

Excellent!!   That's great he was able to figure out the problem and fix it, even with his wrist still healing from surgery.   He deserve a "whatever you want for dinner" night😀

• Like 3

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Bonnie, move it to the roll call 😉

Is John posting yet? , getting tired of only seeing his reactions to posts.😉 How much longer playing monopoly? 🤣

Edited by Jimbo

38 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

I bet he is happy to be able to do stuff now that his hardware is removed!

He definitely is!  

26 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Excellent!!   That's great he was able to figure out the problem and fix it, even with his wrist still healing from surgery.   He deserve a "whatever you want for dinner" night😀

Yes, he does but it’ll have to wait a couple of days.  We went apple picking with the local kids & grands today, then went out for a big late lunch so tonight we’re just snacking.  Tomorrow is fasting & prep day for my colonoscopy on Tuesday so the only thing I’ll be making is jello & chicken broth - yuck.  ( I have leftover beef stew from last night for him). I’m already grouchy about the fasting & prep! 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Momof3gurlz said:

He definitely is!  

Yes, he does but it’ll have to wait a couple of days.  We went apple picking with the local kids & grands today, then went out for a big late lunch so tonight we’re just snacking.  Tomorrow is fasting & prep day for my colonoscopy on Tuesday so the only thing I’ll be making is jello & chicken broth - yuck.  ( I have leftover beef stew from last night for him). I’m already grouchy about the fasting & prep! 

Never heard of prepping 2 days before.............Usually the stuff you drink the night before does the trick........ If you eat like you are now, can't imagine how it is going to be for you tomorrow night when you drink that stuff.

28 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Never heard of prepping 2 days before.............Usually the stuff you drink the night before does the trick........ If you eat like you are now, can't imagine how it is going to be for you tomorrow night when you drink that stuff.

I’m not prepping 2 days before.  Procedure is Tuesday. Tomorrow (Monday) I fast all day (except clear liquids and jello) and begin prep at 3 pm.  
I’m grouchy now in advance of tomorrow’s fasting & prep. 

Edited by Momof3gurlz
  • Like 7

44 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

He definitely is!  

Good luck with your prep day.  I started mine around 10 am and was happy that all was done and I was able to get to sleep that night.

Sending positive thoughts for all to be well with the colonscopy😀🙏

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Where is @Sea Dog? I need to know what he's doing.😊

I'm wondering how Bob will fare on their cruise. It is raining here. (we need it) And I am curious as to how that huge storm is going to affect the Alaska sailings. I don't know if Seattle is getting bad weather or not. 

• Like 1