Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

5 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Baseball last night was great. Wouldn’t want to be a Yankees or Padres fan last night. 🫣

5 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Baseball last night was great. Wouldn’t want to be a Yankees or Padres fan last night. 🫣

I hope the Yankees lose tonight.Houston has won their last 6 games.

19 minutes ago, brillohead said:

My goal some day is to do a TA to Europe in the spring, spend the summer doing Europe, and then do a TA back again in the fall.  

That sounds like an awesome plan, Debbie.  I hope you can do it!

12 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Will you perhaps try to book this trip again?

How are you and Marty doing?  Have either of you tested again, or do you feel it's too soon to do so?

Yes, if opportunity opens up with the right itinerary and timing, we would book again.  Being in the places where we have read from the Bible all these years would bring life and bring so much meaning not to mention so much emotion for me.

Thank you for asking.  We are doing fine generally.  Marty has a reactive airway condition so that makes him cough a little still.  We have not tested again.  I’m kind of afraid to find out but curious at the same time.  We need to get more Covid tests from a pharmacy.  We didn’t bring enough of the free ones from home.  Didn’t think we’d need it.  

Tomorrow, we leave from here and head to Lucca for a 2 day stay in a B&B place.  I will post more pictures from our little excursion yesterday if you all are not tired of my pictures yet.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Thank you, Lenny!🥰

Does your granddaughter know what she would like to do in Nursing ?

For Toby it was a second career.She was initially a Social Worker then went back to college after our second daughter was born.She worked in several Brooklyn hospitals and also was a Visiting Nurse.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

So sorry that we missed visiting your country, @dani negreanu.  

Helen, I had the date of October 23rd penciled in my calendar for some months... And I was thinking a lot today about what could have been.

So sorry we couldn't wave even from afar, but, hopefully, another opportunity, not only to wave, will arise soon. At least "we" could learn from your friends "inside" experience with the goings in the port of Ashdod, and see if it would be easier to meet in the future.

Take care and stay healthy, both of you 😘

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, lenquixote66 said:

Does your granddaughter know what she would like to do in Nursing ?

For Toby it was a second career.She was initially a Social Worker then went back to college after our second daughter was born.She worked in several Brooklyn hospitals and also was a Visiting Nurse.

I believe Erin is leaning towards the Emergency Room😊

• Like 6

52 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I still believe that the Padres will beat the Phillies.Darvish is a better pitcher than Wheeler,Snell is better than Nola .Soto woke up .

You better tell Rhys Hoskins that because I don't think he wants to go back to San Diego this year. It's a beautiful place but I think he has other places to be.

2 hours ago, brillohead said:

Phew, it is hard to keep up with this thread with Explorer's crappy internet!  I have to take my laptop out to a public area because I don't have a signal in my room... just finally got caught up on my last TAD on Explorer. 

Switching to Symphony next weekend and then Oasis the week after that, so hopefully I'll have decent internet access from my room going forward.

Nothing newsworthy to report from Explorer.  Carry on.

Glad to hear that things are going well on the ship. Once you get on Symphony hopefully we will hear more about your daily activities.

A question for those that have shopped pre-cruise in Fort Lauderdale.  Owen was thinking about looking for some cool sneakers in December before we board Harmony.  Do any of you have any suggestions on where to go, other than Sawgrass Outlets?  I’ve looked on-line with little luck. 

Thanks in advance. 

You know why DH is at his wedding weight?  Because he only eats half his dessert when we go out to dinner….guess who eats the other half?  Last night we were at a birthday/

farewell dinner and DH liked the look of two desserts so he ordered both this time so we could share:

3C644121-EE0E-487C-9729-ECA164D69DE3.thumb.jpeg.985e4cd62bc206ab6fb54341801f10bc.jpeg

F9735B63-E9B8-41B1-AF8F-1522DABA7481.thumb.jpeg.c0ae26e3a923281685945ca2a6f67103.jpeg

• Like 10

I feel like I have missed a lot on this thread this weekend.     We have been rather busy with household chores and errands.     Our Son Chris came up this morning to help with leaves, bush / tree trimming.     We got a lot done today as well as cleaned up my neighbors yard. 

I have roast beef cooking in the crock pot today and just about ready to remove it, enjoy and plop onto the sofa for the evening. 

Chris was saying that him and Donna are really interested in going on another cruise.    I knew they would be hooked after their first one last March.   😃

We said we were booked for Anthem Eric's BD end of March.     They want to join us as they are not sure they are ready to go cruising on their own as they liked us showing them the "ropes" and knowing what is best to do when at port. 

So we have decided to give them a cruise with a OV Balcony as a wedding present.     I just sat down with Chris so he could pick out a preferred cabin location and will call tomorrow to book it (too tired to do now).    

• Like 16

8 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

You know why DH is at his wedding weight?  Because he only eats half his dessert when we go out to dinner….guess who eats the other half?  Last night we were at a birthday/

farewell dinner and DH liked the look of two desserts so he ordered both this time so we could share:

3C644121-EE0E-487C-9729-ECA164D69DE3.thumb.jpeg.985e4cd62bc206ab6fb54341801f10bc.jpeg

F9735B63-E9B8-41B1-AF8F-1522DABA7481.thumb.jpeg.c0ae26e3a923281685945ca2a6f67103.jpeg

Those both look delicious.  

Speaking of deserts, this was ours from lunch today.  We saved up room for them by sharing a big, honey mustard chicken salad. 

113CDE1B-FCAD-4F4E-BFE1-BFE5D290EEE2.thumb.jpeg.83187a5f948dcceaf142edbbe53e958a.jpeg

This was a pazookie trio of salted Carmel and a couple white chocolate macadamia nut ones. 

• Like 11

12 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

So we have decided to give them a cruise with a OV Balcony as a wedding present.     I just sat down with Chris so he could pick out a preferred cabin location and will call tomorrow to book it (too tired to do now).    

That is a very nice wedding present. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Score is tied

Game should have been stopped before this inning started..Its raining to hard. They better not stop it now though.

Hope it rains harder so the Padres have to pitch in those same conditions

That's BS that they are now fixing the field for the Padres in the field...so unfair

7th inning should have been completed before fixing the field..

I'm turning off the game now..Major League Baseball suck to play an important game like this

Edited by Jimbo

Yesterday was our standard day of football games and cheerleading with the grandkids. In our grandson’s game, they were down by a couple touchdowns early, but our grandson threw three TD passes, and they came away with the win.

We traveled to another neutral field for granddaughter’s cheerleading.  Their team won 14-12, and they remain undefeated.  The high school field they were playing on had a brand new artificial turf, plus they just spent $1M on a high tech video scoreboard.  Sometimes I scratch my head when thinking about spending priorities some schools have. 

• Like 10

22 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Game should have been stopped before this inning started..Its raining to hard. They better not stop it now though.

Hope it rains harder so the Padres have to pitch in those same conditions

That's BS that they are now fixing the field for the Padres in the field...so unfair

7th inning should have been completed before fixing the field..

I'm turning off the game now..Major League Baseball suck to play an important game like this

It is raining in NYC and it will rain tomorrow and Tuesday.I am sure that Houston and the Yankees will be playing tonight.They will not stop the Padres -Phillies game because they have the same weather.