Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Elvis Costello was pretty good.I did not have an appreciation of Neil Diamond until recently.

I always liked Neil Diamond. However, I think some of his songs that never made it to pop radio are his best. As he aged I think he became more of a "show man" and I did not like the way he would sing his songs. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Arzeena said:

After wading through 168 new posts:

Lenny and Toby I am very sorry for your loss. Hugs to both of you.

Deb and Andy, Happy Anniversary! Enjoy your get away.

John( Ozark), I have kept the heat up for you for some more days to come and you left already!!!🙄

Thank you very much ,Arzeena,

.Mike and his wife were on many cruises over the years.

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

I don't think I could do more than a couple of weeks. Eight nights really suits me well.

We did a 12 night reposition which we enjoyed. I have been wanting to do a TA but not sure if I would like so many sea days in a row.  Our Hawaii cruise in May ends with 5 nights at sea which will give us an idea if we could handle a TA. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We did a 12 night reposition which we enjoyed. I have been wanting to do a TA but not sure if I would like so many sea days in a row.  Our Hawaii cruise in May ends with 5 nights at sea which will give us an idea if we could handle a TA. 

I can do a couple of sea days in a row but then I look forward to a port call. I enjoy the approach to an island. And even if I have been there many times I enjoy getting on land having a good walk and I don't necessarily feel like I have to accomplish anything. 

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

@lenquixote66

I was over a week behind and trying to read quickly. Saw that your dear friend Mike was in ICU and that he later passed away. 
Our old friends are family, so losing them is so very painful!

My sympathies to all of you, and I hope the good memories ease the pain. 

We shared many interesting in ventures with him and his wife but never went on a cruise with them.

Thanks,Mimi

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I always liked Neil Diamond. However, I think some of his songs that never made it to pop radio are his best. As he aged I think he became more of a "show man" and I did not like the way he would sing his songs. 

Neil Diamond and Barbra Streisand initially attended the same Brooklyn High School.They were both in the same choral group.Neils parents moved and he transferred to a different HS and graduated with my wife’s sister.She was not a singer.Famous alum of that school include Neil Sedaka The Tokens and Lou Gossset,Jr.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Oh what a fun surprise!   I have always loved going to Sea World.  Just fit in as much as you can.    Lots of walking but lots of fun things to see and do.    I always love aquariums, their rescue area is very informative too.    If she enjoys Sesame Place - there is area called Sesame Land where she may meet several characters.   

That's not the only fun surprise we have in store for her. We booked the Carnival Venezia for next year.....and she's on it! She has no idea!

• Like 3

On 2/15/2023 at 2:14 PM, Jimbo said:

KC Chiefs Parade is on NFL Network. now............having speeches now on a stage, can't understand why it isn't wall to wall people down there listening to the speeches. I can actually see the ground with no people.

Wow!  You must be watching some very bad video or poor angles. The official count was approximately a million attendees. It was a huge crowd. The actual parade route was 10-12 people deep for several blocks. 

Try Google for an overhead picture.

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

My eating and drinking while on a cruise is nothing like at home

That was my first thought too.  If I sustained my normal cruise routine over that extended period I'd die!  I'd probably die just on one leg.  The 8 day is a good number.  We did had that on Odyssey this time last year.  That extra days is just perfect to get that longer feel.  We've got that 9 day Can/NE in 2024. I'm sure I'll love the extra day.  I got to talking to Sharron about 2026.  That'll be my 60th birthday and my, hopefully, my retirement year.  I told her I want to do the TA from Cape Liberty to Southhampton and then stay on for whatever 7 day follows that.  2023 and 2024 have Norwegian fjords following.  If that was still the trend that would be perfect.  That'd be 18 or 19 days.  That'd be the longest I have done but if it was on the back of retirement I think I could handle it.

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 12

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We did Hawaii to Vancouver a couple of decades ago loved it, we were talking about what trip to take when she retires most likely in two years or less, we both like the idea of a TA. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, chucknmarilyn said:

Wow!  You must be watching some very bad video or poor angles. The official count was approximately a million attendees. It was a huge crowd. The actual parade route was 10-12 people deep for several blocks. 

The parade was over 25 blocks long 10-12 deep. A lot of them did not make it to the end. But here is a actual photo A friend of mine took with a drone.

FCE7BD5D-7C23-4DDC-8A2C-551F057C824C.thumb.jpeg.bbd58449960502a375602fb356efeabc.jpeg

• Like 12

8 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

The parade was over 25 blocks long 10-12 deep. A lot of them did not make it to the end. But here is a actual photo A friend of mine took with a drone.

FCE7BD5D-7C23-4DDC-8A2C-551F057C824C.thumb.jpeg.bbd58449960502a375602fb356efeabc.jpeg

Great picture! My grandson is a drone flight engineer. Loves it.

Edited by chucknmarilyn
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, chucknmarilyn said:

This was the Phillies parade, they had over a million, when the Eagles had their Super Bowl Parade they had twice as many it was reported, over 2 million.

Philadelphia people really know how to party though, Mummers Parade every year also gets large crowds.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Yes that is the picture I saw showing the ground where the speeches were done at, I just would have thought all that space would have had people in it. It was surprising to me.

Eagles had theirs at the steps of  Museum of Art.

It's a good thing your friends drone didn't get hit by the flyover.....looks like it was getting close.

It's our turn: Many from NEPA in Philadelphia for Eagles' Super Bowl parade  | Times Leader

The street looked like this:

389 Super Bowl Lii Philadelphia Eagles Victory Parade Photos and Premium  High Res Pictures - Getty Images

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Maybe if I didn't have home obligations I would feel differently. However, though I had a great time on Odessey, I was happy to get home. Though I am already feeling like I'm ready for another cruise. 

It would be hard to leave Jade for too long.  When I had my cat the longest I went was two weeks, and that was only because I had an excellent pet sitter.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, taznremmy said:

It would be hard to leave Jade for too long.  When I had my cat the longest I went was two weeks, and that was only because I had an excellent pet sitter.

Same with us when we did Europe which was two weeks we flew my wife’s sister to our house so cat wouldn’t be lonely and we also have a great pet sitter.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, taznremmy said:

The longest time for us was 2013 when we did our 20th anniversary trip to Europe.  It wasn't a cruise but we flew to England, Scotland, Norway and France over 23 days.  We had him with a single colleague of my wife's who had never had a cat before and wanted to try and see how they liked it.

He was quite standoffish with us for a couple of days when we got back and then like a switch got flipped he wouldn't leave my wife's side.  

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

This was the Phillies parade, they had over a million, when the Eagles had their Super Bowl Parade they had twice as many it was reported, over 2 million.

Philadelphia people really know how to party though, Mummers Parade every year also gets large crowds.

I would certainly expect them to have a larger crowd. I believe Philly is 2-3 times as large as KC and also has a lot of fairly nearby metropolitan areas to draw from as well. 

But THIS year is KC's time and someone will have a wonderful celebration next year. Maybe one of these 2 teams but whoever it is, they will enjoy it so much!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

The longest time for us was 2013 when we did our 20th anniversary trip to Europe.  It wasn't a cruise but we flew to England, Scotland, Norway and France over 23 days.  We had him with a single colleague of my wife's who had never had a cat before and wanted to try and see how they liked it.

He was quite standoffish with us for a couple of days when we got back and then like a switch got flipped he wouldn't leave my wife's side.  

This is how Jade has been with me since returning from Odyssey. This was my first vacation since I got her and she seems much more tightly bonded than before I went away. Hard to believe this is the same cat that spend her first 5-6 weeks here living under furniture and wanted nothing to do with anyone in this house. 

• Like 11