Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

You might remember that my DD and Lottie was very close to where one of the tornadoes touched down yesterday.   Her DH joined others to help clean up.  This is a couple pics he took.   This is the street behind the daycare that my DD was at.

IMG_6097.thumb.jpeg.5ffacde28bf07893be59cb6ec16ee09f.jpeg

IMG_6096.thumb.jpeg.a2913ccd0cafc50545e7dde32acbcc36.jpeg

• Like 16

6 minutes ago, singinalot said:

Loved the concert! We had amazing seats. Martina McBride opened and it was amazing

38706CDE-3E59-4DE7-BAC1-29DC0DB44481.thumb.jpeg.b2807e54f5cd16ebf595a94b11458db1.jpeg

E59C4862-D33B-4DEB-9E51-2F46FA0EF09B.thumb.jpeg.4378542d5f6a4ed756f7ae6aad188e1e.jpeg

Loved our location in St. Thomas and we honesty spent the two full days at a private beach club on Lovango and then at Trunk Bay and St. john…both days were great with amazing food…but service at all places was indeed awful

32DD2060-F2F8-45B4-83F9-68B32C86B25E.thumb.jpeg.4d40b1eccc35edb779da1e83b19c2a7b.jpeg

Lovango Beach Club Hyperlapse

The beach club is a former pirate brothel

Trunk Bay

D76D28D5-308D-4D33-AFA7-9553501495FF.thumb.jpeg.81e1b70e24246e8c618f8c796dae3cff.jpeg

0DDA4103-8445-4E77-90CC-BEAE97C743C0.thumb.jpeg.632c7ca0474a685fe82f4d82c01691f6.jpeg

Trunk bay in St John is my favorite beach , first went there in 1979.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, George C said:

Bought new fridge, dishwasher, stove and microwave today at lowes for our new kitchen, these will replace our current stainless steel appliances. 

Is there a new popular finish that you purchased? Because we are looking at stainless steel. ( Cheap, before we sell). TY. 

• Like 3

Picked up a few new bourbons to add to the shelf today.  

@Sea Dog have you tried any of these?  The ER10 is really hard to find around here.  The Russell’s is a private barrel selection I got at a local whiskey bar/restaurant through a bourbon group…was able to pick up the other two while I was there.  Can’t wait to crack the OF single barrel.

9FC77D0A-8828-45AF-9627-0AE054D7779B.thumb.jpeg.4fb275e47e60b39c78e422c03d841faa.jpeg

• Like 3

The fridge was the main thing we got the stainless steel that didn’t show fingerprints, and a wider narrower so we have a larger entrance to kitchen. 

Also booked three nights in Buffalo area after our New York City vacation, for the price we pay for one night in the city we can pay for our three nights in Buffalo 😁😁

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, singinalot said:

was a date settled on? Last I saw it wasn’t set yet. Would love to book.

Wonder of  the Seas February 2, 2025.

Be there or be square!

Your photos and videos never disappoint.

Beautiful pool!

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

When Kenzie got here yesterday the first thing she did was checked on Finnley. 

20230331_122218.thumb.jpg.f55df6bf6d51e0f378d8b95bb6a51f8b.jpg

20230331_122226.thumb.jpg.568738b3fa4b666b808ddfca2c0b19cc.jpg

20230331_122235.thumb.jpg.7dc71410eafecea4ecbe655443bb699e.jpg

Those girls are gonna be best buddies growing up!  

How lucky all the cousins are to be close to each other. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, brillohead said:

Those girls are gonna be best buddies growing up!  

How lucky all the cousins are to be close to each other. 

I think Finnley is going to outgrow Kenzie.  The doc says she is in the 98th percentile in height. 

image.thumb.png.066a1009b8fc5c6b13a60ffe32c94869.png

• Like 17

9 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I think Kenzie really doesn't understand what it is to play the piano. 

I loved Apple Jacks when I was a kid!  

When I was in nursing school, if I had a particularly boring chapter to read (the author of my nursing book was SUCH a boring author!), I would put a Skittle on every third paragraph as a reward for getting that far on the page.  Maybe you've figured out Kenzie's incentive for how to learn the piano!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Coralc said:

Thank you! That actually may explain a problem that I have been having, and I hadn't put it together until reading your story. When riding in a car, either as passenger or driver, when I step out my left ankle is quite painful, and almost feels dislocated. I can usually walk it off after a dozen steps, but I couldn't figure it out. 

When I was in my early 30's, I was poisoning ground squirrels for work, and fell 12 feet into a cement lined flood control channel. Kind of like a big cement ditch. 

I blew out my L4-L5 or S5 disc as well. Unfortunately, mine wasn't treated by surgery as quickly. And I experienced severe sciatica, nerve damage from below my knee down, muscle wasting and left foot drop in the 3 months I waited for approval. 

I had a really good surgeon and PT afterwards. I haven't experienced any further problems. I still don't have much feeling in my left calf and lack a reflex response when he taps it with the hammer. 

But now, 30 years later, I'll bet that is what is causing this ankle pain. I have noticed that it doesn't occur when I wear the ankle brace. (That I purchased for this specific reason). So, thank you very much @Husky1987 I appreciate you sharing, because it solved my little medical mystery as well. 

It is funny. (Not Ha-Ha) how those early injuries have a way of bothering you later in life. ☺️

Similar thing happened to me Skiing 35 years ago and going really slowly (because I was terrified ). I fell but bindings didn't break and the ski's stayed attached which caused by knee to twist. Never got it treated and now its getting weaker and more painful 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, brillohead said:

And Bella's Favorite Travel Agent has group rates!

I'm sure I read somewhere he can't book people living outside the States or Canada,

Anyone Know for sure ?

8 hours ago, Coralc said:

Did you see that they just recently found his ship, Endurance in the Antarctic, perfectly preserved? Shackleton did have a fascinating story. https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-60662541

No, I did not know and that was interesting to read after watching the excellent documentary at the cinema. Thank you.

Doco follows Shackleton’s Expedition using old photos with narration of each day of the Expedition courtesy of Skackleton’s diary entries.  At the same time a modern day adventurer takes us to the same  locations.  The present day footage including drone footage is absolutely stunning.  Worth seeing if Shackleton/Antarctica is of interest.

No idea how cinemas make money these days though.  On a wet weekend only 7 of us in the cinema.  

• Like 2