Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

HAPPY PASSOVER TO ALL OF OUR FRIENDS WHO CELEBRATE!

Maryann, I sincerely think we have a cosmic connection, I was just now going to post the very same thing and you beat me to it.  Thank you so much.  No bread, cake, pasta, for 8 days.  I might not be kosher the rest of the year but Passover to me is sacred.  My mom passed away on the 1st night of Passover and I do that in a way, to honor her memory.

So, let me, as you did, wish all who celebrate, a very Happy and Healthy Passover.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Ozark_Kid said:

Yes, an M1 chip.  I was tempted to go with the M2 but there wasn't much difference and the M1 was $600 off.  With the discount I couldn't justify the M2 over the M1.  I will post a pic of the sticker that was on it that explains what I got.  Let me know if you can read it.

20230404_124316.thumb.jpg.d277766dd6fc4c9dc274b3c8fa7da80d.jpg

Sweet! You are going to love it. I really like having a SSD so much faster booting up.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Our grandson Jack, who is a Sophomore in high school, just came home and told me about two Awards he was given.  One is for Best Documentation , and the second is for Best Film in Ocean County.  He never ceases to amaze me!  Jack actually produced his first documentation, along with his classmate, on Autism when he was in the fifth grade.  He and his friend were invited to the end of the year School Board meeting, where they presented their film to those assembled there.  He makes us so proud!!

Well done Jack your grandson Maryann 

congratulations-clapping.gif

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Sea Dog said:

Sweet! You are going to love it. I really like having a SSD so much faster booting up.

with a 32GB of ram and 32-core GPU reviews said it will handle 4k easy.  I was going to get just 16GB ram and 512 SSD but 1 TB was cheaper due to the sale.  Also test were showing that 1TB SSD helped the speed when editing.   Being a former Windows guy, there is A LOT to figure out.  

Caden is excited to start learning Photoshop.  I was concern because a couple years ago it cost $10 per month and everywhere I was looking was saying $20 per month.  I finally found I can still get it for $10.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ozark_Kid said:

with a 32GB of ram and 32-core GPU reviews said it will handle 4k easy.  I was going to get just 16GB ram and 512 SSD but 1 TB was cheaper due to the sale.  Also test were showing that 1TB SSD helped the speed when editing.   Being a former Windows guy, there is A LOT to figure out.  

Caden is excited to start learning Photoshop.  I was concern because a couple years ago it cost $10 per month and everywhere I was looking was saying $20 per month.  I finally found I can still get it for $10.

Yes he should be able to get the student discount. Heck I'm leeching off my son's university account and he graduated 3 years ago. I hate subscription based software.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

A few years ago the only appliance store in my small town offered a free VCR with any purchase of a large screen TV .The store owner who is a neighbor said that nobody wanted a VCR.

I still like the billboard we saw in Georgia.

Free shotgun with every engagement ring.

• Like 1
  • Haha 11

1 minute ago, Sea Dog said:

Yes he should be able to get the student discount. Heck I'm leeching off my son's university account and he graduated 3 years ago. I hate subscription based software.

I was not a fan of subscription either.  I usually upgraded Photoshop every other upgrade.  The plus side of subscription is no waiting for upgrades.  I was considering to try to find the Adobe bundle at a student discount.  Caden homeschools so not sure how that would work.  

Do you use Adobe to edit video?  I haven't looked to deep into it but I saw the the Final Cut Pro is a onetime $300.  

I am hoping the Insta360 Studio makes editing the 360 videos easier.  It was not available to use on the phone

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Thank you so much, Graham! I love the clapping hands!!😊

If you are using a mobile phone,I use Android if you press on the picture this shows( photo) then press Download link and it will be saved in your phone's download photo album and you can then use it here or WhatsApp.

Graham.

Screenshot_20230404_225317_com.android.chrome.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I was not a fan of subscription either.  I usually upgraded Photoshop every other upgrade.  The plus side of subscription is no waiting for upgrades.  I was considering to try to find the Adobe bundle at a student discount.  Caden homeschools so not sure how that would work.  

Do you use Adobe to edit video?  I haven't looked to deep into it but I saw the the Final Cut Pro is a onetime $300.  

I am hoping the Insta360 Studio makes editing the 360 videos easier.  It was not available to use on the phone

I edit in Adobe but I have used Final Cut. I’d say it’s worth $300 and you never have a subscription. I’m sure the 360 studio on your laptop will be a lot easier to edit in.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I still like the billboard we saw in Georgia.

Free shotgun with every engagement ring.

I remember the 1st year we lived in SC they had a "Guns and Roses" event at the conference center.  Combined Gun and Bridal show.  Haven't seen it the last few years. Wasn't sure if should laugh or run the other way.

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

Wondering why it is displayed as such....

14 Days Iceland & Greenland

Royal Caribbean Int. • Jewel of the Seas
Bayonne/Cape Liberty, Halifax, Nuuk, Qaqortoq, Nanortalik, St. John's/Newfoundland, Bayonne/Cape Liberty
1 departure dates: Sep 14 2023

I'm booked on that cruise.  Iceland has never been part of the itinerary.  Perhaps there is a typo?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Our grandson Jack, who is a Sophomore in high school, just came home and told me about two Awards he was given.  One is for Best Documentation , and the second is for Best Film in Ocean County.  He never ceases to amaze me!  Jack actually produced his first documentation, along with his classmate, on Autism when he was in the fifth grade.  He and his friend were invited to the end of the year School Board meeting, where they presented their film to those assembled there.  He makes us so proud!!

You sure are one Lucky Nana to have such outstanding grandchildren.    You obviously did a great job on raising on your children as they became great parents too🥰

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Luckynana said:

How wonderful.  You have every right to be proud.  Congratulations to Jack!  Nicely done.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Maryann, I sincerely think we have a cosmic connection, I was just now going to post the very same thing and you beat me to it.  Thank you so much.  No bread, cake, pasta, for 8 days.  I might not be kosher the rest of the year but Passover to me is sacred.  My mom passed away on the 1st night of Passover and I do that in a way, to honor her memory.

So, let me, as you did, wish all who celebrate, a very Happy and Healthy Passover.

A zissen peach to you and family,Bonnie .We were supposed to be going to one of my daughters but instead everyone is coming to my house .

• Like 3

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Wondering why it is displayed as such....

14 Days Iceland & Greenland

Royal Caribbean Int. • Jewel of the Seas
Bayonne/Cape Liberty, Halifax, Nuuk, Qaqortoq, Nanortalik, St. John's/Newfoundland, Bayonne/Cape Liberty
1 departure dates: Sep 14 2023

zissen Pesach to you and family anc a happy 75th.birthday to Israel.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Google Undefeated:The Roger Brown Story.It  will bring you to a PBS on line video.

If you are interested I will tell you after you watch it how I became involved with the making of the film.

Wow.  Wow.  Wow.

I watched this the minute I got home from work.  I had always heard the legendary stories of Connie Hawkins on the playgrounds of NYC, but hadn't heard the same about Roger Brown.  All I knew was he was one of many ABA stars...I didn't know he may have been THE star.  So many tributes from others more well known...it's always fascinating to hear those say "You think I was something?  Let me tell you about..."

@lenquixote66 thank you so much for leading me here.  I love stories of triumph and redemption.  Especially after being treated so horribly wrong.  

Would love to hear of your involvement!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

You sure are one Lucky Nana to have such outstanding grandchildren.    You obviously did a great job on raising on your children as they became great parents too🥰

Thank you so much, Debbie!  What a beautiful compliment!😘

• Like 2