Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

33 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Here is what we just took pictures of,didn't exactly look like this with the naked eye,but this is what our cameras saw.

received_3538999776372735.jpeg

FB_IMG_1695170644339.jpg

Wow. I’m sure it was even more spectacular in person. I would love to see the Northern Lights someday. And to see them on a cruise- amazing.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

So we're back up at the lake ( Lake Siskyou) .  It's been a fair piece since we've gotten here. According to my Photo roll it's was August 2021 the last time we were here.   I've got two weeks off and I'm going to spend part of it up here before getting back home and letting my wife spend so time with DD.  

I saw a really interesting bird down on the shore... 

He seemed fearless of me.  Eventually he came walking right up near me.

We're in the 5th wheel and life is good.  It'd be better if I was on a cruise ship but this is second best.  

Sorry Dave. We don't actually have whooping cranes. He's a Great Egret. ☺️ That is pretty far north for him though. It looks like a great RV spot!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Coralc said:

Sorry Dave. We don't actually have whooping cranes. He's a Great Egret. ☺️ That is pretty far north for him though. It looks like a great RV spot!

Thanks for the update.  I know very little about birds. He looked like a crane so I googled “white crane” . I should have known it wouldn’t be that simple. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Here is what we just took pictures of,didn't exactly look like this with the naked eye,but this is what our cameras saw.

WOW! That is incredible! What a neat thing to see. My dad woke me up when I was a child to see them when they came down as far as Seattle. My Instamatic camera would not have done them justice. It looked like a white, shimmery curtain with the naked eye. 

• Like 2

Does anyone have a suggestion for a movie to stream tonight. I’ve been on a bit of a Tom Cruise kick lately. After watching the New Top Gun and followed it up with his to Jack Reacher Movies. 

Last week I was nostalgic for the 80’s so it was a few Molly Ringwald classics. I’ve binged every sitcom I want watch. 

im out of ideas. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We had a really nice day in Bonaire and is definitely somewhere we need to explore more.

20230918_125302.thumb.jpg.e55944c43a8217bb331f4980a1e9993d.jpg

Went to Sorobon Beach, South end.  The color of the water is amazing.

20230918_124348.thumb.jpg.3c4c2b3550b1cf64ffea49973c13e4f3.jpg

That beach looks amazing. Was this a particular excursion? We will be in Bonaire in April on Beyond. Need something to do. This would work.

12 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

This was for sale in Curacoa,  Definitely not a shirt for a Gentlemen like you Greg.

I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s a knockoff as I am pretty familiar with the Sea Dog website and have looked at just about every shirt they make. I’m probably their best customer.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We had a really nice day in Bonaire and is definitely somewhere we need to explore more.

20230918_125302.thumb.jpg.e55944c43a8217bb331f4980a1e9993d.jpg

Went to Sorobon Beach, South end.  The color of the water is amazing.

20230918_124348.thumb.jpg.3c4c2b3550b1cf64ffea49973c13e4f3.jpg

We were in Bonaire in April and thought about going to Sorobon Beach but decided not to. After seeing your pics I wish we had. Beautiful!

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Does anyone have a suggestion for a movie to stream tonight. I’ve been on a bit of a Tom Cruise kick lately. After watching the New Top Gun and followed it up with his to Jack Reacher Movies. 

Last week I was nostalgic for the 80’s so it was a few Molly Ringwald classics. I’ve binged every sitcom I want watch. 

im out of ideas. 

Princess Bride or Blazing Saddles.

• Like 3