Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Pet catapillar?

Bingo!   You are quick with the answer.  My daughter does that every year for her first grade students.  They grow from those microscopic crawlers, to bigger caterpillars. 

IMG_5566.thumb.jpeg.ac3cb6b23377d087fadb1b03dc356b64.jpeg

To a chrysalis (which is hard to see here)

IMG_9017.thumb.jpeg.d2113828e02d86e4ace5ebd60fae3595.jpeg

To eventually a butterfly. 

IMG_9016.thumb.jpeg.cc5185ad30e6424193b0b1def543538e.jpeg

The butterfly just emerged, and I had to rush out and buy an orange and take to her at school this morning.  That is so the butterfly can feed, until the kids are in school to release it. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

I used to chose aisle seats for that reason. Now, I’m back to window seats for the view.  My recent domestic flight home , I got the best of both worlds - a window seat and the row to myself.

@Luckynana welcome back. Glad you had a nice trip.

Thank you!  Aisle seats for the win for Jim and myself! 😉   I found it very strange, though, that no one opened the shade on their window for our morning take-off, and kept the shades closed for the entire trip🤔

19 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Sounds like you had a wonderful time with family!  And sitting in aisle seats sounds like a great idea.

Thank you, Bonnie.  It's been a few years since we've seen each other.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I don’t even know how far behind I am. I just read back a page or so and @Jimbo I have to say those pictures are amazing.  
I’ve been busy with final packing, we had our pool closed for the winter and got all the furniture  put away. Andy did all the fall trimming back of shrubs, etc so we are ready to go!  Our flight is scheduled for 7:15 pm tomorrow night and hoping no major delays because of this tropical storm.  We fly out of Philadelphia, it was the only nonstop flight I could find to Venice, not even from JFK or Newark. We’ll drive down early tomorrow morning, spend the day with our oldest and her family, then they’ll take us to the airport.  So bonus - free parking at their house 🙂
We ended up with one checked bag, one carry on and we each have a backpack.  I could’ve done it with just two carryons and the backpacks but we’d have no room for any purchases.  
I plan to post some updates and photos here and I may do a post vacation Trip Report in the form of a comparison between RC and Celebrity. 
It’ll tough to sleep tonight! 

Have the best time, Deb and Andy!  You are in for such a memorable, beautiful vacation!  Enjoy your cruise after visiting Venice!  Safe travels!✈️  Bon Voyage!🚢

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

We have had a pretty windy and rainy gray day. I went down the the beach around 7 tonight. The North Atlantic is a bit angry. Pictures don't really capture it well.

20230923_190231.thumb.jpg.1c8ad93d9fc779753e6f1a0807806376.jpg

20230923_190250.thumb.jpg.30b869b8202d5c4d2338350a0640f7bb.jpg

We had  horrific wind and rain all day yesterday as well as all night.  It felt and sounded like a hurricane.  Calmer and dry this morning, then it got darker this afternoon and the rain began again, but certainly nothing like yesterday/night.  I was talking to my friend on Cape Cod this morning, and she said they didn't have the heavy wind that we experienced. 

I hope Debbie and Eric get home without delays today.  @Sunshine3601

• Like 2

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

Bingo!   You are quick with the answer.  My daughter does that every year for her first grade students.  They grow from those microscopic crawlers, to bigger caterpillars. 

IMG_5566.thumb.jpeg.ac3cb6b23377d087fadb1b03dc356b64.jpeg

To a chrysalis (which is hard to see here)

IMG_9017.thumb.jpeg.d2113828e02d86e4ace5ebd60fae3595.jpeg

To eventually a butterfly. 

IMG_9016.thumb.jpeg.cc5185ad30e6424193b0b1def543538e.jpeg

The butterfly just emerged, and I had to rush out and buy an orange and take to her at school this morning.  That is so the butterfly can feed, until the kids are in school to release it. 

That's a fun project for kids and grownups alike.  I did it with our granddaughter four years ago.  Somehow I managed to capture the caterpillar shedding its skin and turning into a chrysalis, and a butterfly emerging from its chrysalis.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

8 hours ago, h20skibum said:

My grandson Daniel’s 11th birthday was Friday, so we were at our daughter’s house for his party yesterday. 

IMG_9007.thumb.jpeg.af54e4155b32406403a4da0e5e8e73c0.jpeg

Football theme party, they had a cake decorated as a Patrick Mahomes trading card. 

IMG_8998.thumb.jpeg.05c5843f02ea6ac5d797e7b26cb4a715.jpeg

All of the boys at the party got several packs of trading cards to open for one of the games.  Those with the best cards would win prizes. 

IMG_8997.thumb.jpeg.ab0bcdec90c2c76eaa67fe97cd5df7db.jpeg

Happy 11th Birthday wishes to your grandson Daniel!  (I love the name Daniel)

You sure do have fun themed birthdays in your family, Mark!

Friday was also my granddaughter Ava's 18th Birthday.  Her College roommate, as well as her other new College friends, surprised Ava by decorating her room while she was at Class.  

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, derorim said:

That's a fun project for kids and grownups alike.  I did it with our granddaughter four years ago.  Somehow I managed to capture the caterpillar shedding its skin and turning into a chrysalis, and a butterfly emerging from its chrysalis.

That is pretty neat.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

My TMJ is still a thing with my DR appointment being Tuesday afternoon. At this point it is no better and I’ve lost 5lbs from eating less.  Heck of a diet plan. 

I'm so sorry, Andrew.  Pain in the jaw, teeth, or anywhere within the ear and mouth is horrific.  

4 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Sushi Class was fun.

20230924_082850.jpg

20230924_090545.jpg

20230924_090633.jpg

Well done, Jimbo!  Sushi looks delicious!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We disembarked Serenade this morning.   Wasn't easy since we had line up for immigration and stood for quite awhile before our line even moved.

Then kinda chaotic at the terminal trying to get an Uber as NCL docked here too.   

While waiting for Uber we were approached by a guy in a big black suv for $25 ride to airport.  Said yes, put our bags in then got in back seat, he said oh no it's $65 for airport.   Said Nope give our luggage back.  He then said $45 and tried to tell us Uber will never show up.

We reordered Uber and in 5 mins had a nice ride in a Tesla for $20 plus tip.

I've been duped twice by cab drivers.  Once in Maui, second time when Jim was transported by ambulance to hospital in Halifax.  Port Agent wasn't responding, so after ambulance left, I got a cab to take me and all of our luggage to the hotel near the hospital.  I paid over $40 american, plus gave him a tip for a ride...hotel and hospital were just up the road from the Port.  I was just grateful to drop my luggage at hotel and get to the hospital.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Friday was also my granddaughter Ava's 18th Birthday.  Her College roommate, as well as her other new College friends, surprised Ava by decorating her room while she was at Class.  

Happy belated birthday to Ava.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, derorim said:

Fascinating!  Thank you so much for sharing!  We have a butterfly bush in our yard, but I must say the bees enjoy it as well!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

We had  horrific wind and rain all day yesterday as well as all night.  It felt and sounded like a hurricane.  Calmer and dry this morning, then it got darker this afternoon and the rain began again, but certainly nothing like yesterday/night.  I was talking to my friend on Cape Cod this morning, and she said they didn't have the heavy wind that we experienced. 

I hope Debbie and Eric get home without delays today.  @Sunshine3601

It stopped raining here but it is still very windy and very dark.Rain is predicted for tomorrow and Wednesday.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

Happy belated 18th birthday Ava.

happy-birthday-AVA-16027.gif

• Thanks 1