Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I think sensitivity and emotions, and not being afraid to show them, is a beautiful quality in a guy and about as far from a reason to question someone's masculinity as you can get. I've had some pretty amazing experiences with friends and patients when that stereotypical barrier could be broken down.

Well said OB I couldn’t agree more. I always been sensitive even as a kid. When I was young I got bullied because of it. I later turned it into my super power. Being sensitive is a great trait to listen and feel empathy towards others. I think when one cares for others such as yourself it gives you great self worth.

• Like 20

17 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good evening.

It is our Sarah's birthday on Christmas eve and we are bringing her to ours on Christmas day.

Pauline has set the table ready for Christmas day.

IMG-20231221-WA0000.jpg

Beautiful table Graham.

You and Pauline are more organized than me. I was in the supermarket at 7.30 today buying the vegetables and all the extras for Christmas. Just finished wrapping presents. Taking a break before a quick clean through before our youngest g/son arrives for a sleep over. Still got the ham to cook and chocolate log to bake . 

Yesterday evening we had Carol singing in our street which was fun 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Last night we took our son Jonathan out to celebrate Linda’s birthday which is today so we went out to eat and then drove through a wonderful Christmas light display called Christmas in the Park.

IMG_3931.thumb.jpeg.852da913399b23a0958822dad0700104.jpeg

Then something wonderful and unexpected happened.

Do you ever have a moment where you realize everything you do for your child gets recognized and that some of the things we taught them gets settled in their brain?

I was overjoyed as we drove through the display playing my Christmas music mix on the stereo and my sons says to me, “You know dad? I’m starting to get real nostalgic at Christmas time now. I am starting to really love Christmas music and the holidays are really getting special for me.”

WOW! A tear came to eye and Linda looked at me and smiled and winked.

Somedays as a parent you can say to yourself, “I did good.”

Merry Christmas my dear friends. And in case you messed it. Here is the link to download this years Christmas music mix. Enjoy!

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/dlw56vbe5r5hb6njnwj3o/2023-Greg-s-Swank-Pad-Lounge-Presents-Santa-s-Christmas-Radio-Show.zip?rlkey=rsvgg6az18qxtc1cwfvn5za8k&dl=0

Happy Birthday Linda 🥂🎉🎁

Very touching comments from your son, I am sure he appreciates all you and Linda have done for him.  Isn't it great when they surprise you like that makes it all worth it.  

Hopefully you both can enjoy your holidays without too much pain.  Take it easy this year.

• Like 1

On 12/20/2023 at 5:14 PM, sgmn said:

Crib service was very special.  'Away in a Manager' always makes me well up. 

The kids looked cute (and warm)in their onesieIMG-20231220-WA0026.thumb.jpg.da4f48ae02bab6fa4df1f397d0ada251.jpg

Omigosh, this is just the cutest photo I've seen all holiday season!  What an awesome memory for years to come!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, akcruz said:

Happy Birthday Linda 🥂🎉🎁

Very touching comments from your son, I am sure he appreciates all you and Linda have done for him.  Isn't it great when they surprise you like that makes it all worth it.  

Hopefully you both can enjoy your holidays without too much pain.  Take it easy this year.

Thank you April ! As parents we know that we can fail sometimes but every once in a while something rubs off on our kids to make it all worthwhile.  I will pass along your birthday wishes to Linda. Unfortunately she is behind on her wrapping so most of the day will be wrapping presents. I always feel bad for Christmas babies as they kind of get shortchanged on presents. I make sure she always gets something separate and I always wrap it in birthday paper not Christmas paper.

• Like 8

12 hours ago, Coralc said:

However, our neighbor's kitten "Chanel" decided she was interested in specific item and wanted to grab it. It is a little stuffed animal, a hedgehog, with a felt nose and real rabbit fur pelt. We picked up a short clip on the camera of her pilfering it. 😃☺️

https://video.nest.com/clip/614f6728e04046bb93487235f119fa58.mp4

Now I know where the term "scaredy / 'fraidy cat" came from!  She acted like it was a real live critter that could bite her back!  

I do hope that Santa Claws delivers it to her for Christmas!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, brillohead said:

Linda can probably relate to this (hopefully it doesn't go the way of the Lighthouse Cookies, I scribbled out the naughty bit!):

408791803_10229010001132253_8106116478161204720_o.jpg

She is not a big fan of wrapping like I am. But she’s really good. She took a temp job when she was young wrapped Christmas gifts for a department store. She can really whip them out .

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Thank you Graham and Happy Christmas wishes to you and Pauline. Thank you for all your love and support this past year. It’s the best Christmas gift I could ask for. Cheers my friend!

Thank you Greg my friend.

Pauline and I wish Linda and yourself an amazing Christmas and New year with good health and many cruises.

• Like 1