Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, doghog said:

Yes he did. And D didn't whine, all the time? 😂That's why D won.🤣 None of the final three really deserved to be sitting there. I didn't want Jake to win until the final three. At least Jake proved he could preform when it counted. 🔥 

This is the first time I am not agreeing with your opinion on all the years I have been posting on CC.I was rooting for Austin.I would have been happy with Katurah because she lives in Brooklyn .I was shocked that Austin was not angry at Dee for getting rid of Drew and blatantly lied to him about Julie after swearing on her family.I lost respect for Austin.

Just now, Ocean Boy said:

It does seem they were not lacking in food. No one was looking scrawny at the end. Remember the early days when challenges involved eating some fairly disgusting stuff? 

Those food challenges were gross but interesting. I’m surprised they never brought out a plate of raisins. 

As for weight loss Richard lost over 100lbs. I don’t think anyone was near that this season. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, lenquixote66 said:

This is the first time I am not agreeing with your opinion on all the years I have been posting on CC.I was rooting for Austin.I would have been happy with Katurah because she lives in Brooklyn .I was shocked that Austin was not angry at Dee for getting rid of Drew and blatantly lied to him about Julie after swearing on her family.I lost respect for Austin.

If you remember... Austin once talked about his history of being a chubby awkward kid. I don't think he was used to girls (women) showing him attention. He screwed up. That game was his to lose and that is exactly what he did.

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

D would have been voted out if Romeo wasn't protecting her. His romance cost him a million dollars.

It does seem they were not lacking in food. No one was looking scrawny at the end. Remember the early days when challenges involved eating some fairly disgusting stuff? 

Once again we agree.She was very lucky that she won .I wonder if their romance continued after the show ended or if perhaps she was just “playing” him .

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Those food challenges were gross but interesting. I’m surprised they never brought out a plate of raisins. 

As for weight loss Richard lost over 100lbs. I don’t think anyone was near that this season. 

It is basically the same with The Amazing Race from the early days to the present.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Our neighbors sent us these pictures of our mailbox yesterday.  My iPhone says that it's a Red Shouldered Hawk.  He looks pretty well fed.

IMG_3336.thumb.jpg.2192d53b93cd82f45f426b33a0112484.jpg

That's a handsome bird.  It looks like he just laid an egg.  🙂 

• Haha 6

14 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

If you remember... Austin once talked about his history of being a chubby awkward kid. I don't think he was used to girls (women) showing him attention. He screwed up. That game was his to lose and that is exactly what he did.

I was a chubby awkward kid .I am happy that I never went on Survivor.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

Sorry Lenny I don't agree. ✌️  I wouldn't cast my vote based on where someone is from, gender, race or their personal hardships or success.  In the end its's only a game (and my opinion) and if I wanted to change the outcome I should have been a player or on the jury and not an arm chair juror. 🤣 

Have a peaceful holiday. 🍷

Edited by doghog

3 hours ago, doghog said:

The game is about, out wit, out play, out last. 

And all D was whine about how much she needed the money to retire her parents and help support her kid (I guess she doesn't get child support) and blah, blah, blah! 

Letters from home, being away for less than a month from family and whining about their personal lives is boring. 🥱 Do not care. They all volunteered to leave. Bring back Survivor 1 as far as what the players had to deal with. I swear on Survivor #45 they all gained weight and very lazy. 🤣

Looking forward to #46. 😁

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

I'm with you.

Gone are the days of hiking daily for water, measuring the one bag of rice for the month, trying to fishing, cooking the eggs from their reward chicken and then deciding on when to chock their chicken (to eat).  It's more like the Real House Wives of Survivor, compared to where they started from.

Soft is how I'd describe these contestants today.  Richard Holman should show them how it was done some 23 years ago and Rudy was probably rolling in his grave last night. 🤷‍♂️😂  

Agreed with both and probably why I stopped watching around season 25 or so.  What happen to the days when the reward for a challenge was a can of beans?   Although I guess that would get boring after awhile & they need something to keep people watching. So let's get some good looking people with big personalities & let the conflicts begin! And I'm sure if I watch an episode or two again,  I could easily get sucked back in. 

But the name of the show should be hanged to "Ultimate Backstabber" or "The Great Deceiver".

• Like 1

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

I'm with you.

Gone are the days of hiking daily for water, measuring the one bag of rice for the month, trying to fishing, cooking the eggs from their reward chicken and then deciding on when to chock their chicken (to eat).  It's more like the Real House Wives of Survivor, compared to where they started from.

Soft is how I'd describe these contestants today.  Richard Holman should show them how it was done some 23 years ago and Rudy was probably rolling in his grave last night. 🤷‍♂️😂  

When coming back from our cruise a few weeks ago my wife spotted one of the woman in the real housewives of Dallas they were sitting behind us on the flight, she loved the show , when waiting for luggage, i told them that my wife liked the show and she was very appreciative, we ran into another a year or so ago in a upscale hotel in Dallas. Show was canceled a couple of years ago.

This summer I started to crochet again.  I was never good, and never made anything spectacular (unlike @Keksie's knitting projects - wow!) but I don't shy away from trying anyway.  I found a pattern for a Baker's outfit for an American Girl doll, and decided to make it for our 9 year old granddaughter.  A few days ago I took the completed project over to their house while she was in school, and dressed and staged the doll in the outfit.  I would love to re-do the cake and the cherry pie, but I thought the hat, apron and oven mitts turned out pretty good.  It's all packaged up and ready to give her for Christmas, with this picture at the bottom of the box.  I hope she likes it as much as I enjoyed making it!

20231215_143355.thumb.jpg.a888165a76e0f842950acc40128c1165.jpg

• Like 32

6 minutes ago, derorim said:

This summer I started to crochet again.  I was never good, and never made anything spectacular (unlike @Keksie's knitting projects - wow!) but I don't shy away from trying anyway.  I found a pattern for a Baker's outfit for an American Girl doll, and decided to make it for our 9 year old granddaughter.  A few days ago I took the completed project over to their house while she was in school, and dressed and staged the doll in the outfit.  I would love to re-do the cake and the cherry pie, but I thought the hat, apron and oven mitts turned out pretty good.  It's all packaged up and ready to give her for Christmas, with this picture at the bottom of the box.  I hope she likes it as much as I enjoyed making it!

Looks fantastic.  She's going to love it.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, derorim said:

You are so talented.  Your granddaughter is going to love this! Just beautiful

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, derorim said:

I think they all look great.  I am sure your granddaughter loves them just as they are.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, derorim said:

Oh my gosh that is just so cute.  You did a wonderful job and those mitts are so tiny.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, derorim said:

This summer I started to crochet again.  I was never good, and never made anything spectacular 

Joy, you can no longer say that you've never made anything spectacular before.  This is spectacular!!!  Your granddaughter is going to absolutely love it!!  Merry Christmas to your granddaughter when she sees this!🎄

This is awesome!!!!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1