Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, doghog said:

The game is about, out wit, out play, out last. 

And all D was whine about how much she needed the money to retire her parents and help support her kid (I guess she doesn't get child support) and blah, blah, blah! 

Letters from home, being away for less than a month from family and whining about their personal lives is boring. 🥱 Do not care. They all volunteered to leave. Bring back Survivor 1 as far as what the players had to deal with. I swear on Survivor #45 they all gained weight and very lazy. 🤣

Looking forward to #46. 😁

I'm with you.

Gone are the days of hiking daily for water, measuring the one bag of rice for the month, trying to fishing, cooking the eggs from their reward chicken and then deciding on when to chock their chicken (to eat).  It's more like the Real House Wives of Survivor, compared to where they started from.

Soft is how I'd describe these contestants today.  Richard Holman should show them how it was done some 23 years ago and Rudy was probably rolling in his grave last night. 🤷‍♂️😂  

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 9

10 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Gone are the days of hiking daily for water, measuring the one bag of rice for the month, trying to fishing, cooking their reward chicken and then deciding on when to chock their chicken (to eat).  

Soft is how I'd describe these contestants today.  Richard Holman should show them how it was done some 23 years ago and Rudy was probably rolling in his grave last night. 🤷‍♂️😂  

Agree. Also use to be one personal item and what you wore coming on the show was all that you had to wear. I swear they now take more change of clothes and shoes than we take on our cruises. 🤣 Also now all they have to do is lay around and whine about being hungry for 26 days vs 39 days. Soft. 

Edited by doghog
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Good evening.

It is our Sarah's birthday on Christmas eve and we are bringing her to ours on Christmas day.

Pauline has set the table ready for Christmas day.

IMG-20231221-WA0000.jpg

Beautiful table!

9 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Where's a good place to eat in Port Canavera by the water?

Grills and Fishlips. We love Grills .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I think the person with the necklace is going to win. I hope Austin has a good story to tell to sway the votes. I don't think the fire winner has a chance unless the jury is on a pity fest.

I was not happy with the person who won.It should have been the one that you and I were rooting for.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Luckynana said:

I believe this is the nicest Jury I've ever witnessed on Survivor.  Nicest and friendliest.  No bitterness, etc.

Yes,I have the same opinion.I found it interesting when the three lawyers told everyone else what they had been hiding regarding their professions.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, doghog said:

Agree. Also use to be one personal item and what you wore coming on the show was all that you had to wear. I swear they now take more change of clothes and shoes than we take on our cruises. 🤣 Also now all they have to do is lay around and whine about being hungry for 26 days vs 39 days. Soft. 

I forgot to mention the shorter time frame as well, it’s almost 2 weeks less.

John’s first portion of the World Cruise is longer than Survivor, the folks on the ship are bigger survivors.  Give me the challenge of the world cruise, now that’s a challenge.😂

• Haha 10

7 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Posting this here rather than cluttering up @h20skibum Mark's Symphony review.  Mark was talking about how loud one of the bands was.  We've discussed here, more than once, how bad the volume levels can be.  Micheline is very sensitive to loud noises.  She can't generally stay in any Royal venue with loud music, which is basically everywhere but Central Park.  She's tried putting cotton in her ears but the only thing that really works is full blown silicon ear plugs.  That blocks most sound though, including conversation.

I may have mentioned this before, but she bought a pair of Loop Earplugs, which claim to reduce volume levels while still allowing quality sound (like music) to come through.  They are comfortable and seem to work, but she hasn't really tested them in a loud venue.  We're hoping that they will work well for our upcoming Billy Joel concert.  Has anyone else tried Loop earplugs before?

I have not heard of them but definitely something I will look up. I bought shoes for my husband that I believe you recommended and he loves them so I’m happy to look up these ear plugs. I can’t take loud either.  Thanks again!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Husky1987 said:

Long story for me.  I had back issues for about 15 years off and on (bouts of pain that would last a couple weeks, then would go back to "just" discomfort), until "the big one" happened in September 2001.  I herniated L4-L5, and over a couple days my legs got very weak and numb.  Couldn't urinate.  Could barely walk.  I went to see a doctor at 10AM on that Friday.  He poked and prodded and sent me for an MRI.  When I got back to his office, we sat down and he told me about something called Cauda Equina Syndrome.  Basically, my disc herniated right into my spinal column, and was blocking off all the nerves going down my lower body. I can almost recall what he told me, word for word..."The surgeons next door are prepping for you.  Of course, you are free to get a second opinion.  But I'm telling you, if you don't have surgery right now, you are risking permanent nerve damage, including paralysis." I was in surgery by 2:00 that afternoon.  L4-L5 laminectomy.  They say if you have surgery within 48 hours there is a decent chance of spontaneous relief of the nerves.  I was outside that window (more like 72-96 hours).

Spent a couple months basically learning to walk again.  Legs were so weak I couldn't lift them up high enough to walk up stairs.  Used a walker for a couple months, then a cane for a few more.  Nine months before I got back to work again.  

Fast forward to today and my back feels like it did when I was 18.  Rarely have any back issues at all.  Still have some saddle numbness and have foot drop in my left foot so I wear a brace most of the time.  But daily life is normal.  There's a lot of things I can't do (run, jump), but I don't measure my life by those things. I am so lucky and grateful I saw a doctor who knew immediately what was happening and did what he had to do for me.  Deep sense of gratitude for the doctors and nurses who took care of me for the week I was in the hospital.

I had the same surgery but when I was 67.Due to the fact that I have Parkinson’s and Spinal Stenosis along with 14 other medical problems I cannot do any of the things that I was able to do when I was younger.I am happy that everything worked for you.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, doghog said:

The game is about, out wit, out play, out last. 

And all D was whine about how much she needed the money to retire her parents and help support her kid (I guess she doesn't get child support) and blah, blah, blah! 

Letters from home, being away for less than a month from family and whining about their personal lives is boring. 🥱 Do not care. They all volunteered to leave. Bring back Survivor 1 as far as what the players had to deal with. I swear on Survivor #45 they all gained weight and very lazy. 🤣

Looking forward to #46. 😁

D would have been voted out if Romeo wasn't protecting her. His romance cost him a million dollars.

It does seem they were not lacking in food. No one was looking scrawny at the end. Remember the early days when challenges involved eating some fairly disgusting stuff? 

• Like 5