Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

@Sea Dog  Wow!  What a nice story about your son!  When I had the house stripped down before putting Christmas Decorations up, my DS said "It looks so empty and cold".  I took that to mean he likes when the house is decorated 😀.  Happy Birthday to Linda 🎂!

• Like 6

28 minutes ago, jmh2006 said:

@Sea Dog  Wow!  What a nice story about your son!  When I had the house stripped down before putting Christmas Decorations up, my DS said "It looks so empty and cold".  I took that to mean he likes when the house is decorated 😀.  Happy Birthday to Linda 🎂!

Thanks Jennifer! I hope you and Dave have a wonderful Christmas filled with family, friends, food and maybe a fifth of something for Dave. Cheers! Love you guys!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Well said OB I couldn’t agree more. I always been sensitive even as a kid. When I was young I got bullied because of it. I later turned it into my super power. Being sensitive is a great trait to listen and feel empathy towards others. I think when one cares for others such as yourself it gives you great self worth.

Happy birthday to Linda.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sea Dog said:

Thanks Lenny. I hope you had a joyous Hanukkah.

We did .On Sunday we are having our family celebration.We are having it after the end of the holiday because 8 of my great nephews and great nieces we in college during the holiday and they are now all home.We will be 27 people and 2 dogs in my house.

• Like 7

5 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Merry Christmas my dear friends. And in case you messed it. Here is the link to download this years Christmas music mix. Enjoy!

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/dlw56vbe5r5hb6njnwj3o/2023-Greg-s-Swank-Pad-Lounge-Presents-Santa-s-Christmas-Radio-Show.zip?rlkey=rsvgg6az18qxtc1cwfvn5za8k&dl=0

I'm always impressed by the eclectic nature of your Christmas song collection.  I tried to create a Spotify playlist using your track listing but Spotify didn't have several of your versions of the songs.  I couldn't find some of the artists on Spotify at all.  Plus, I'd be missing out on the various "commercials" that you included.  Thanks for putting this together and sharing with everyone!

• Like 2

While not a Hallmark Christmas movie, I recently watched "Last Christmas" on Amazon Prime and found it pleasantly enjoyable. It does start off as a typical rom-com but there is some Christmas magic towards the end that elevates it into Christmas movie status. Plus, I really like Emilia Clarke - aka Daenerys Targaryen from Game of Thrones - so it was interesting to see her in this role. 

Also, lots of George Micheal & Wham songs in the movie since it's supposedly based on the song "Last Christmas"

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I'm always impressed by the eclectic nature of your Christmas song collection.  I tried to create a Spotify playlist using your track listing but Spotify didn't have several of your versions of the songs.  I couldn't find some of the artists on Spotify at all.  Plus, I'd be missing out on the various "commercials" that you included.  Thanks for putting this together and sharing with everyone!

Thanks Bob. I’m glad you enjoyed it and realize some of the hidden gems I have collected over the years. I too tried to do a Spotify playlist of some of my mixes but I couldn’t find some of the songs so that’s why I haven’t done it. I like the mix format as I’m everything is continuous. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

We did .On Sunday we are having our family celebration.We are having it after the end of the holiday because 8 of my great nephews and great nieces we in college during the holiday and they are now all home.We will be 27 people and 2 dogs in my house.

Sounds wonderful. Dogs love Habakkuk too!

22 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

While not a Hallmark Christmas movie, I recently watched "Last Christmas" on Amazon Prime and found it pleasantly enjoyable. It does start off as a typical rom-com but there is some Christmas magic towards the end that elevates it into Christmas movie status. Plus, I really like Emilia Clarke - aka Daenerys Targaryen from Game of Thrones - so it was interesting to see her in this role. 

Also, lots of George Micheal & Wham songs in the movie since it's supposedly based on the song "Last Christmas"

I watched it last year when it came out. Great movie. I loved it. Prime, Amazon, Netflix and Lifetime all have great new holiday movies.

Also on prime is one of my favorite films about the origin of Santa Claus. It’s a Finnish film called “Christmas Story” not to be confused with Ralphie in “A Christmas Story.”

Check it  out:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/detail/B07LFNW61J/ref=atv_dp_share_cu_r

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Last night we took our son Jonathan out to celebrate Linda’s birthday which is today so we went out to eat and then drove through a wonderful Christmas light display called Christmas in the Park.

IMG_3931.thumb.jpeg.852da913399b23a0958822dad0700104.jpeg

Then something wonderful and unexpected happened.

Do you ever have a moment where you realize everything you do for your child gets recognized and that some of the things we taught them gets settled in their brain?

I was overjoyed as we drove through the display playing my Christmas music mix on the stereo and my sons says to me, “You know dad? I’m starting to get real nostalgic at Christmas time now. I am starting to really love Christmas music and the holidays are really getting special for me.”

WOW! A tear came to eye and Linda looked at me and smiled and winked.

Somedays as a parent you can say to yourself, “I did good.”

Merry Christmas my dear friends. And in case you messed it. Here is the link to download this years Christmas music mix. Enjoy!

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/dlw56vbe5r5hb6njnwj3o/2023-Greg-s-Swank-Pad-Lounge-Presents-Santa-s-Christmas-Radio-Show.zip?rlkey=rsvgg6az18qxtc1cwfvn5za8k&dl=0

Wish Linda a Happy Birthday from the three of us.  As for your son the Apple doesn’t fall far from the tree, Christmas tree in this case. 😀

• Like 2

1 minute ago, A&L_Ont said:

Wish Linda a Happy Birthday from the three of us.  As for your son the Apple doesn’t fall far from the tree, Christmas tree in this case. 😀

Lol ! I love that. Thank you my good friend. Merry Christmas wishes to you, Lisa and Owen.

• Like 1

We sold our house in Georgia!!!  So relieved!!!  Less than asking price but we were happy with it.  I personally think realtors in that small rural town are somewhat out of touch.  In the past there had been people who moved there and paid large sums for houses.  But, sad to say, I think the town is definitely in a decline.  One of the two grocery stores closed…the rural hospital is hanging on by the skin of its teeth…the large landowners have for decades blocked any industry that wanted to build there.  No retired people want to buy a five bedroom house and a young family couldn’t afford it.  It was a wonderful small town with lots of friends and family for the thirty years we lived there…now all but two of my friends have died and I only have one distant cousin left.  So glad that the house will be lived in and loved again…and that I don’t have the constant worry over an empty house in another state.

• Like 29

2 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

I would like to wish all a Happy, Healthy Holiday Season.  Things are crazy here so I wanted to post now.  Thank all of you for your support and advice over these wonderful years on Dani’s thread❤️

Wishing the same to you and Charlie and your family, Marietta.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

She is not a big fan of wrapping like I am. But she’s really good. She took a temp job when she was young wrapped Christmas gifts for a department store. She can really whip them out .

My first job in high school was the "Gift Wrap Girl" at our local department store for $1.25 per hour. 😄

Happiest of birthdays to Linda!

So wonderful when we discover that we did good as parents.  What a nice memory you shared. 

• Like 2