Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

59 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Thanks for posting the beautiful pictures of the grandkids. You have a strong and beautiful spirit that will remain strong even if your body doesn’t feel that way. I am with you in mind and spirit for continuing strength! 

Sorry to hear this Jane. I hope it gets better for you. My optometrist recommended this which I got. It’s an eye mask that you heat up in the microwave and the heat loosens up your tear ducts. It’s very comfortable and feels very soothing.

https://a.co/d/2QLcINZ

The mock booking I did was for April of this year so being close might account for the high price. 4K would be more in line to expect.

Yes I would be extremely interested in this. I would like to know what cabin code this is to look up. 

Deluxe Porthole Verandah "P1".  It is under verandah staterooms.

Following thread has some pictures and thoughts:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

36 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Thanks for posting the beautiful pictures of the grandkids. You have a strong and beautiful spirit that will remain strong even if your body doesn’t feel that way. I am with you in mind and spirit for continuing strength! 

Sorry to hear this Jane. I hope it gets better for you. My optometrist recommended this which I got. It’s an eye mask that you heat up in the microwave and the heat loosens up your tear ducts. It’s very comfortable and feels very soothing.

https://a.co/d/2QLcINZ

Yes I would be extremely interested in this. I would like to know what cabin code this is to look up. 

Yes agree about ozark kid, my thoughts and prayers are with him knowing he is having a hard time right now with life. 

Thank you for the mask idea. I'd never heard of this problem. My gp acted like well it's not his area, I needed a ear nose and eye doctor, then sent me to a eye only doctor. I asked the doctor and he said now they have specialties they dont do everything. I'm just hoping this is the cause of the discharge from my nose. Its embarrassing during a Mdr meal to have my nose running. Everyone these days thinks covid? A mask sounds like a good idea to sleep with. Wow I'd never heard of this problem or had any clue what could be wrong and my gp acted like he didnt have a clue either. Thank you so much. 

The balconys on carnival they call cove balconys were a big hit when they were introduced. Idk if exactly the same as they are lower decks than the ones described here. Carnivals have cut outs and usually around deck 2 and if big waves they can be closed up completely. They were novel because they are so close to the water and it was something different to be so low to the water. Supply and demand sometimes they were higher priced than regular balconys they were just a different balcony right over the water. 7A - 7C on carnival .. regular are 8A. .. though I doubt you will ever try carnival, just saying they were a hit because so low over the water. Though these must be what he is referring to when he says cut outs. They can be completely closed from waves. 

20240224_093723879.jpeg

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Yikes, 7k? Prices are insane. Was that coming up soon? We booked a SV on the Ascent for Nov 2025 for about 3200.00. It includes Wi-Fi and drinks, but this is an interline rate and refundable.

Just looked at our date of Nov 13, 2025 and for the SV balcony with drinks and Wi-Fi included it’s about 4000.00. That’s on the Celebrity website. 

It's a bummer Celebrity has reduced the AI package. It also use to also include gratuities. We are grandfathered in for our September Edge cruise. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Deluxe Porthole Verandah "P1".  It is under verandah staterooms.

Following thread has some pictures and thoughts:

Thank you for this.

2 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Yes agree about ozark kid, my thoughts and prayers are with him knowing he is having a hard time right now with life. 

Thank you for the mask idea. I'd never heard of this problem. My gp acted like well it's not his area, I needed a ear nose and eye doctor, then sent me to a eye only doctor. I asked the doctor and he said now they have specialties they dont do everything. I'm just hoping this is the cause of the discharge from my nose. Its embarrassing during a Mdr meal to have my nose running. Everyone these days thinks covid? A mask sounds like a good idea to sleep with. Wow I'd never heard of this problem or had any clue what could be wrong and my gp acted like he didnt have a clue either. Thank you so much. 

The balconys on carnival they call cove balconys were a big hit when they were introduced. Idk if exactly the same as they are lower decks than the ones described here. Carnivals have cut outs and usually around deck 2 and if big waves they can be closed up completely. They were novel because they are so close to the water and it was something different to be so low to the water. Supply and demand sometimes they were higher priced than regular balconys they were just a different balcony right over the water. 7A - 7C on carnival .. regular are 8A. .. though I doubt you will ever try carnival, just saying they were a hit because so low over the water. Though these must be what he is referring to when he says cut outs. They can be completely closed from waves. 

20240224_093723879.jpeg

Happy to help. I hope it works for you.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Will they let you stack discounts? The veteran discount and the status match discount?

I always provide our CC tier levels and request Veterans discount. Always applied to the bookings. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

It’s an eye mask that you heat up in the microwave and the heat loosens up your tear ducts. It’s very comfortable and feels very soothing.

@firefly333

Jane, I used to manage an eye clinic. Your "problem" is very easy to deal with, and known to every eye doctor. Mine used to recommend hot drenched in tap water compresses for a few minutes on every eye, stressing that's one remedy which is "free".

Edited by dani negreanu
adding clarification
  • Like 12

On 2/23/2024 at 8:03 AM, mo&fran said:

I do not find the TA flights to Europe bad, they have all been over night flights. 

We did do an east bound cruise, TPA  to AMS, that was great.

But it took a few days for the jet lag to go away.

Those long flights worry me. I was looking at flights for dates closer in just to get a idea. Stay over a few days in rome and leave very early in the morning and fly all day are what I'm hoping for, rather than a over night. Trying a TA may of 2025. Cant see flights and hotels yet for my date. 

I have nothing booked all the rest of 2025. Waiting for inspiration lol. Moving to florida to cruise and then finding nothing royal offers that tempts me. So I'm looking around but havent hit on anything yet. All I see is I will get very tired of coco cay. Lol. Not just a new and different ship, but I'm interested in new ports. Royal seems to do same over and over more and more. 

20 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

@firefly333

Jane, I used to manage an eye clinic. Your "problem" is very easy to deal with, and known to every eye doctor. Mine used to recommend hot drenched in tap water compresses for a few minutes on every eye, stressing that's one remedy which is "free".

That's kinda what I'm doing. Except using a heating pad first for 5 minutes. Thanks.

Agree on the comment above. I was disappointed when celebrity took gratuities from their included pkg. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Tomorrow night is JWB Steakhouse.  Best of all? The temperature today was 80 degrees! 

We enjoyed it greatly. Consider the 32oz tomahawk and post photos. We got it medium rare, I’d recommend getting it medium as it is so thick. 🤤

16 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

IMG_0874.thumb.jpeg.e20faf4dc702a28acd69006a27fe8508.jpeg

@Ocean Boy do you see the light house?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

That's kinda what I'm doing. Except using a heating pad first for 5 minutes. Thanks.

Agree on the comment above. I was disappointed when celebrity took gratuities from their included pkg. 

Jane, I hope this comes around quickly for you.  

@Ozark_Kid  John, you are always in my thoughts and prayers.   🙏❤️

You are very fortunate to be surrounded by loving / supportive family and friends and the cutiest grandchildren too!    Thank you for sharing the photos - they are all so Precious😊 

I cannot wait until Spring arrives and I am back outdoors doing my gardening.    How are you seedlings doing?    

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Has anyone seen Bethany from Dallas post lately? Maybe I’m just not seeing her posts since I don’t always look to see who posts what. Can’t remember her exact name. Traveling dallas girl? Dallas traveling girl? I searched and can’t come up with it.

6 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

@TravelGirlinDallas  She's more active on Bella's Faces of Books 😎

Hey, thanks for asking about me. I’ve been posting less everywhere online for a while. On CC, the threads move so fast sometimes I get lost in the shuffle. And I’ve just been feeling a bit down lately since the first of the year. There’s been some work stress and just general blahs, but it seems silly to post about when others are going through much worse. So I end up just withdrawing for a while. 

Our next trip is to Washington, DC in a couple of weeks during Andrew’s spring break. I really wish it was another cruise, but it’s important to show Andrew the capital city. It’s NOT going to be relaxing at ALL, and scheduling is such a challenge now that most of the sights require a timed-entry ticket. But I’m finally starting to feel a little excited about it. Hoping to see some cherry blossoms this time since the festival begins the week afterward.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Jane, I hope this comes around quickly for you.  

It's going to be tight, but I now have a doctor who another patient said before I went in, hes really good about the eye surgeon. That's all his card says eye surgeon, not what kind. I'm thinking my stuff moves without me at worst. And I go when I can after I get thru surgery.

The quilts from my mom are a big deal to me and i just got a bunch from my bil daughter. No idea what she kept and gave me what she didnt sell at her store? So i called my cousin in lubbock and said any chance you will be in dallas before i move? She can pass stuff to my cousin in new mexico who really really values quilts too. Theh said as a matter of fact they could. They are visiting their lawyer daughter in Austin and can swing by tomorrow. They have a free hotel night and I said I'd take them out for dinner. I didnt volunteer to cook lol. I called for hours and all day is happy hour. I know my cousin will want a drink. Really looking forward to a night out.

I saved out a few quilts for my friend in san Antonio I plan on getting to also before I move. This is going to be such a busy time. I've dreaded moving but now the time is upon me. .. and then I want to squeeze in cataract surgery. Idk how bad it is, he suggested it and I asked if it's better to wait because my dad did it and then lenses got better. He said no, now is better. So I said ok, let's do it, the sooner the better. I'm moving soon. I hope nothing else gets added to my schedule. 

• Like 4

Bethany, will you post here about your DC trip?

I went there on a three day trip with my HS class as a Junior in 1969 (!).

Over the years,my DH and I made several trips visiting friends who lived in DC and nearby Virginia.

We attended a wedding in the church where JFK’s funeral Mass was held with a reception following at the St Regis. It was in mid July and the heat/humidity was challenging.

Planning a trip in the Spring is a good decision- weather wise at least.

Wishing  you safe and enjoyable travels.

MJ🙎🏻‍♀️

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Hey, thanks for asking about me. I’ve been posting less everywhere online for a while. On CC, the threads move so fast sometimes I get lost in the shuffle. And I’ve just been feeling a bit down lately since the first of the year. There’s been some work stress and just general blahs, but it seems silly to post about when others are going through much worse. So I end up just withdrawing for a while. 

Our next trip is to Washington, DC in a couple of weeks during Andrew’s spring break. I really wish it was another cruise, but it’s important to show Andrew the capital city. It’s NOT going to be relaxing at ALL, and scheduling is such a challenge now that most of the sights require a timed-entry ticket. But I’m finally starting to feel a little excited about it. Hoping to see some cherry blossoms this time since the festival begins the week afterward.

Hi Bethany,    Good to hear from you.   I have been thinking about you and your family and hope everyone was okay.     We all seem to get the winter blahs at some point.   Would be great if the Cherry Blossoms are in bloom when in DC.    They are so beautiful there.   

Have you looked at taking Andrew to the Spy Museum?   It's a lot of fun, especially if he is into that kind of stuff.    

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, MJSailors said:

Over the years,my DH and I made several trips visiting friends who lived in DC and nearby Virginia.

We attended a wedding in the church where JFK’s funeral Mass was held with a reception following at the St Regis. It was in mid July and the heat/humidity was challenging.

MJ🙎🏻‍♀️

Yes, that was a big part of choosing to go during the spring. I’ve been there during the summer before and definitely didn’t want to repeat that experience!

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Hi Bethany,    Good to hear from you.   I have been thinking about you and your family and hope everyone was okay.     We all seem to get the winter blahs at some point.   Would be great if the Cherry Blossoms are in bloom when in DC.    They are so beautiful there.   

Have you looked at taking Andrew to the Spy Museum?   It's a lot of fun, especially if he is into that kind of stuff.    

Thank you!! 

I have looked into the Spy Museum, and it’s on our list as an idea if we have extra time after doing the other essential things.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

How are you seedlings doing? 

They are doing great.   Last year I started using a new tray from Bootstrap Farmer.

They air prone.  I start 72 seeds in one tray.  After they pop up we transplant them to 2.5 inch pots which I used to start them in.  We now have over 50 pepper plants transplanted. My favorite Jimmy Nardello,  Caden's favorite Jalapeños and yellow bell.  We will plant 28 and give away the rest.

Air-Prune-Tray_1200x.thumb.jpg.a2cf3144332029abb4a2e37a10812c98.jpgAir-Strip-Tray-1020_1200x.thumb.jpg.7bf66a6d9acf7866526354ec64137bcf.jpg

• Like 8

2 hours ago, MJSailors said:

MJ🙎🏻‍♀️

I did a three day trip as a Junior in college in 1964.It was my first time there.

• Like 1

@lenquixote66 Unfortunately, we have realized this with some of our doctors. The way medical practice has changed with large hospital corporations dictating protocols to physicians’ practices ,a number of doctors that we know of are choosing early retirement.

During our last check up with our family doctor, he was talking about how his practice has changed since it is now part of a large NY hospital organization. One thing that disturbs  him is the amount of time allotted  to each patient visit- limiting time to ten- fifteen minutes.

For those of us who remember doctors making house calls, the new way of medicine is an adjustment if not one that is  disturbing for those who recall the medical attention given to patients in the not too distant past.

MJ🙎🏻‍♀️

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MJSailors said:

@lenquixote66 Unfortunately, we have realized this with some of our doctors. The way medical practice has changed with large hospital corporations dictating protocols to physicians’ practices ,a number of doctors that we know of are choosing early retirement.

During our last check up with our family doctor, he was talking about how his practice has changed since it is now part of a large NY hospital organization. One thing that disturbs  him is the amount of time allotted  to each patient visit- limiting time to ten- fifteen minutes.

For those of us who remember doctors making house calls, the new way of medicine is an adjustment if not one that is  disturbing for those who recall the medical attention given to patients in the not too distant past.

MJ🙎🏻‍♀️

There are still doctors who make house calls.Due to my disabilities I have in home Occupational Therapy.I also had in home PT.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

They are doing great.   Last year I started using a new tray from Bootstrap Farmer.

They air prone.  I start 72 seeds in one tray.  After they pop up we transplant them to 2.5 inch pots which I used to start them in.  We now have over 50 pepper plants transplanted. My favorite Jimmy Nardello,  Caden's favorite Jalapeños and yellow bell.  We will plant 28 and give away the rest.

Air-Prune-Tray_1200x.thumb.jpg.a2cf3144332029abb4a2e37a10812c98.jpgAir-Strip-Tray-1020_1200x.thumb.jpg.7bf66a6d9acf7866526354ec64137bcf.jpg

I have never seen these air prop trays before.   I will have to show Eric and see if he wants to order so we have them when he starts planting our seeds after we return home from our cruise (leave next Sunday on Anthem).     He's in charge of the seedlings then I take over when ready to plant outside.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I have never seen these air prop trays before.   I will have to show Eric and see if he wants to order so we have them when he starts planting our seeds after we return home from our cruise (leave next Sunday on Anthem).     He's in charge of the seedlings then I take over when ready to plant outside.  

Spell check got me.  Air prune.  Here is a link.  Cheaper ordering direct as apposed to Amazon. 

https://www.bootstrapfarmer.com/products/airprune-tray-72cell?msclkid=acd22802096816150c664dd861728de1&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Seed Starting&utm_term=air prune propagation tray&utm_content=Air Prune Trays

• Thanks 1