Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, akcruz said:

We have it all recorded and started watching the 1st episode but was not in the mood for subtitles that night so didn't finish it.  Keep saying we will try again but reluctant due to them.  Do all episodes have as many subtitles? 

Yes.  The majority of dialog is in Japanese with subtitles throughout the series.  I'm used to reading closed captioning, so it doesn't bother me.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

We are watching Shogun.  It's excellent.  It's also on FX, if you have access to that channel and can watch the episodes that were aired previously.  The only thing I don't like is that you need to wait a week for another episode.  I've become spoiled binge watching.

Thanks.I saw the original production and read the book .Both we’re excellent.

2 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Not sure if it’s a good thing or a bad thing that he died on my birthday. Not that I care to remember him. I like Caitlyn Jenners comment “Good Riddance”.

Nobody in their right mind will ever say anything nice about him but I am sure that nobody will ever say anything bad about you.

• Like 7

51 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I'm so sorry you are dealing with this. I can see why tv is so important to you. I havent yet learned to stream but it's on my list. Lol when I move next month I'm giving up my land line. No one but me uses a landline. The ads for her show make it look fun to me. Idk. 

I am in bed 21 hours a day.I watch TV,I read ,I listen to music .If I did not have these I would be very depressed.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Spending the afternoon at the ball park. Thank goodness the Jays play in a dome. The high today is 45F.  First pitch is at 3:07. 

IMG_4870.thumb.jpeg.c8fcae03e27e1898742c5056d2622056.jpeg

I went to a Blue Jays game in their first day of existence.I still have the program .

• Like 7

19 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Wednesday was the anniversary of my official diagnosis. Time sure does fly!  Physically things have changed a lot.  I am not going list those changes.  I think the one thing that has changed for the better is my love of life and those around me!  I give thanks for each new day!  So much love shown to me and my family.  An example of how we have been blessed, remember me telling about our new neighbor, on her own, came over and shoveled the snow off our driveway?  Well, yesterday she surprised us with a great homemade strawberry pie!  We are still having people bringing us meals each week to help ease the burden off Sharon and to bring a smile to our face.  And what I love the most is so often I still hear someone add their name to the long list from around the world of those that are thinking and praying for us.  So special!

You are in our prayers 🙏 John @Ozark_Kid.

You are a true inspiration to us all and Pauline and my best wishes are with you always.

Graham.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

I learn something new every day. I've heard the word used in conversation before & was always a bit confused as to context. I thought it was an insult like saying someone is just "meh!" Unexceptional, dull or average at best.  Now I know better when someone is using mensch was a way of praise.

Other Yiddish words like Chutzpah and Kvetch actually sound like their meanings. 😉  And since I'm looking at a Yiddish online dictionary, never knew Nosh, Klutz and Schmuck were Yiddish words and always thought Putz was Italian.  🙂

When I was young my parents only spoke Yiddish at home .At one time I was fluent in it .

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I am in bed 21 hours a day.I watch TV,I read ,I listen to music .If I did not have these I would be very depressed.

Lenny.

I'm so sorry your health is not as good as you deserve it to be.

I'm so pleased you are able to join us here every day.

Best wishes my CC friend.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 8

5 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Lenny.

I'm so sorry your health is not as good as you deserve it to be.

I'm so pleased you are able to join us here every day.

Best wishes my CC friend.

Graham.

Thanks,Graham .I have had a good life ,good friends ,a loving family.I cannot complain .I met two people who post on this thread on cruises.I only wish that I had the opportunity to meet more.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Not sure if it’s a good thing or a bad thing that he died on my birthday. Not that I care to remember him. I like Caitlyn Jenners comment “Good Riddance”.

BELATED BIRTHDAY WISHES, RENEE!!!!!!    🎈  I hope you had a great day!!!!    🎈

• Like 3

1 minute ago, lenquixote66 said:

Thanks,Graham .I have had a good life ,good friends ,a loving family.I cannot complain .I met two people who post on this thread on cruises.I only wish that I had the opportunity to meet more.

Love you, Lenny!🥰😘

• Like 4

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

always thought Putz was Italian.  

Italian words don't end in "Z" unless you are speaking some dialect that the folks from Florence or Rome would probably not even understand.😉

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I went to a Blue Jays game in their first day of existence.I still have the program .

That is so cool. Did you see them play the Mets or the Yankees?

44 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Nobody in their right mind will ever say anything nice about him but I am sure that nobody will ever say anything bad about you.

Certainly not anyone who knows her.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Spending the afternoon at the ball park. Thank goodness the Jays play in a dome. The high today is 45F.  First pitch is at 3:07. 

IMG_4870.thumb.jpeg.c8fcae03e27e1898742c5056d2622056.jpeg

I was wishing we had a dome for our home opener.  Snow squalls and baseball just don’t go together.  We’re headed to the Pens game later.  Bruins are always tough.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

That is so cool. Did you see them play the Mets or the Yankees?

Oops ,I saw them in their first year of existence not first day.

It was in the stadium in Toronto.

We have vacationed in Ontario many times including London .

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Certainly not anyone who knows her.

I was on 3 cruises with Arzeena and her husband .Five cruises with a woman who posts on here occasionally who lives in Toronto as well as about 10 other people who post on CC that I became friends with.As I previously stated today I wish that I had the opportunity to meet many of the people who post on this thread including you.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Keksie said:

I love Elsbeth too.  One of my favorite shows.

I just watched the pilot last night and have 4 other episodes recorded.    I really enjoyed the pilot.  @Luckynana From what I watched last night I think you are spot on about her being a "Colombo"

• Like 1