Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

11 minutes ago, singinalot said:

just got home from the store and only got about 2/3 of my thanksgiving list. The rest of the shelves were emptyyyyyy

Yes they are! We were just doing our regular weekly shopping. We already have Thanksgiving supplies. Since we are not big turkey fans, we just roast a chicken for the 2 of us along with instant garlic mashed potatoes, asparagus, rolls, chocolate cream pie. 

But back to the store. No TP again and very few paper towels. No milk. No French bread. I am really surprised that people are shopping so early for the holiday. Is everyone off next week?  :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

I did fill 5 other holes from other trees.  Biggest is left for tomorrow along with some other outside jobs. @singinalot some of them are festive. You should like it. 

Since they are farm cut ditches I just filled the holes with grindings not fresh dirt. Going to sleep well tonight. 

E55B64BF-3865-44F9-8133-F680D91706AA.thumb.jpeg.4092439b3db9b54c31c0b82193694ccc.jpeg

Beautiful sunset photos Andrew! :classic_biggrin:

I have a question, Who mows and maintains all of that grass? Is it something you have done regularly, or is it a low growing variety? It is a very nice looking, (extensive) grass, green way. :classic_biggrin:

Edited by Coralc

6 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

In my area they have cats of all ages in the shelters.   Some are abandoned as young as babies, but I don't think I want to do the kitty stage.   

My Cat, Splashes, that recently passed away was the Daughter of a cat named Repo (short for repossession).     

Here's the story.    My Cousin owned an exterminating business and he went to a house where the tenant had a cat (no idea what her name was) and she looked starved, crying for attention and kept following him around.    The tenant of this property kept hollering at the cat to shut up and he kicked her.     After my Cousin finished his job and was leaving out the back door he scooped up the cat as he couldn't stand to watch how this cat was being treated.     He took her home for the night and she ate and ate and ate.   The next day he showed up at my home and she was purring and kissing me and that was it, we fell in love with her.     

I took her to the Vet to get checked out and he said she was probably less than 1 year and to our Surprise she was Pregnant.    She was so skinny we had no idea she was pregnant.    She was early stage of her pregnancy.     She had a litter of 6 kitties and one of them was Splashes.    I knew from the moment I saw Splashes that I was keeping her.    We found good homes for the other babies.   

Repo ended up living to be 21 years old and Splashes just shy of 22 yrs old.   

Perfect!     I am sure she is so happy to be loved and not be out on the streets.    

6 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Beautiful story... thank you for sharing!

Edited by yogimax
  • Like 2

Would have been nice to filter out the hydro lines, but they stayed.

Going to be a high of 60F here today.  Looks like the last nice day of the year. Next 2 weeks the warmest day is 47 and lots of snow on the forecast. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Would have been nice to filter out the hydro lines, but they stayed.

Going to be a high of 60F here today.  Looks like the last nice day of the year. Next 2 weeks the warmest day is 47 and lots of snow on the forecast. 

Yep, time to do the last couple remaining outside chores while it’s nice.

11 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

WOW!  food stores are crazy busy in my area.  I went after work tonight figuring the holiday shoppers would be filling stores this weekend.  I couldn't believe how crowded they were tonight.

I did the bulk of my thanksgiving shopping last weekend so I went to get my usual weekly items.

Will pick up my fresh turkey next Tuesday at local farmers market. 

And guess what no paper products of any kind.  The tp fear is back!!   Crazy!

They were there to shop for Toilet Paper again. It’s crazy. Paper products were sold out at SAMS as well. 

AF4E182B-09A5-4B7A-B099-89DA2782DAFD.jpeg

18 hours ago, Domino D said:

Yes, coming back from Destin to Atlanta once, I think we stopped twice to clean them off the windshield.  Whole new type if annoying.

Yup, and if you don't wash them off in the next 12-24 hours...their acidic body goo will eat pits in the paint.  Uggh!!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, yogimax said:

It's interesting how some cats love a belly rub while others with lash out in self defense.

Oh sometimes she would push her back foot on my face...just to let me know "that's enough" Momma...but still never stopped purring. 😉 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Seville2Cabo said:

Scorpions and rattle snakes here. 

We actually have them here in Florida as well.  The Scorpions are much smaller though, but the Rattlesnakes can get pretty big.  We also have "Pigmy" Rattlesnakes which are very aggressive and extremely dangerous.   Oh they joys of "living in the swamp".  😉 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I am considering adopting another cat real soon.     I lost my "fur baby" a couple weeks ago and told myself and DH that I wasnt going to be ready for another cat for a while.   After having her for almost 22 years and feeling so lost without her.    I might have to breakdown and get a "young " cat.    Although I feel guilty when I view some local shelter websites.   

I am back and forth with that as well.  I miss my sweet girls who passed away within a year of each other from the demon cancer.  We really wanted to get some of this longer overseas travel bug out of the way first, since we would not have to feel guilty about leaving them...but of course now...Covid has

stopped that plan.  😞  Not sure how much longer I will wait.  I miss those fur babies.  😞 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, yogimax said:

Olive made our decision easy.  She adopted us, hanging out in the backyard and begging for food.  Of course, here in NYC she will be strictly a house cat.  Too dangerous out there.

One of the first things our Vet will tell us...much safer for them to be an "inside" cat.  😉 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Coralc said:

Yes they are! We were just doing our regular weekly shopping. We already have Thanksgiving supplies. Since we are not big turkey fans, we just roast a chicken for the 2 of us along with instant garlic mashed potatoes, asparagus, rolls, chocolate cream pie. 

But back to the store. No TP again and very few paper towels. No milk. No French bread. I am really surprised that people are shopping so early for the holiday. Is everyone off next week?  :classic_biggrin:

Walmart and our local grocery store Publix is out as well.  Decided to take a chance at a visit to Aldi...plenty on the shelves and at good prices.  If they didn't have it, I was headed to Lowes next.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, island lady said:

I am back and forth with that as well.  I miss my sweet girls who passed away within a year of each other from the demon cancer.  We really wanted to get some of this longer overseas travel bug out of the way first, since we would not have to feel guilty about leaving them...but of course now...Covid has

stopped that plan.  😞  Not sure how much longer I will wait.  I miss those fur babies.  😞 

I know I always felt guilty when i would leave on vacations, especially when gone for 2 to 4 weeks on some.  I am very lucky to have a great neighbor who took very good care of her.  

The neighbor loved to come hang out, watch tv or relax on my patio as an escape from her hubby.  I would always buy her a special gift from wherever we traveled to.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, island lady said:

At least you still HAD some on the shelf...and my favorite brand too!  🙂 

I just don’t understand why people think they need so much Toilet Paper. 

I’m a Charmin Ultra Soft guy while the boss is a Ultra Strong lady. She has an advantage though, her Toto Washlet. 😎

For those of you missing Lucy, here’s a photo.

What you don’t realize from the photo, upwind the neighbour is spreading their pig manure. Looks like a great day to work outside, till you inhale. 99% of the time the wind blows the right way, I guess today we are what you call the 1%. 😂🤮

54DE9AF6-45D8-4C09-9138-10F490FFA9DD.thumb.jpeg.7ed9063822640fde04524ea0850bad9d.jpeg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

They were there to shop for Toilet Paper again. It’s crazy. Paper products were sold out at SAMS as well. 

AF4E182B-09A5-4B7A-B099-89DA2782DAFD.jpeg

At least this photo looks like some options available.  My local was completely bare of tp, paper towels, napkins and paper plates.   Happy to say I had bought my usual 30 pack of Scott's several weeks ago.  Was sad when I saw my favorite iced tea Gold Peak Georgia peach was all gone, in fact all iced teas except for raspberry were sold out.  Ugghh!!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

For those of you missing Lucy, here’s a photo.

What you don’t realize from the photo, upwind the neighbour is spreading their pig manure. Looks like a great day to work outside, till you inhale. 99% of the time the wind blows the right way, I guess today we are what you call the 1%. 😂🤮

54DE9AF6-45D8-4C09-9138-10F490FFA9DD.thumb.jpeg.7ed9063822640fde04524ea0850bad9d.jpeg

Shes adorable  love the look she has today.😺