Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

4 hours ago, ollienbertsmum said:

I am back after a break, having now handed in my PhD thesis.  Still got to be examined on it, but that is 8 1/2 yrs (a few months added due to broken arms and the pandemic) work.  

I am glad that the thread is still going, It is lovely to see updates from familiar names.  So nice to hear about weddings, breakfasts and trips.  Sorry to hear about little fur baby not being too well - our furry friends are so precious.  

I am happy to be back.  

Congratulations on completing your PhD .

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Wow, I was thinking a lot about you the last couple of months.... Shall I give a "shout out" or not??

Welcome back, and congratulations on handing your PhD thesis -- that's 95% of it. 

The oral examination is the easy part...

I am in the minority as I always preferred written to oral with regard to anything in the realm of education.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Yesterday looked like this. 

BEEABBE6-7242-4420-B2FE-CF455090313B.thumb.jpeg.37c5ec2ea34cf03719425c7605f5df05.jpeg

Today felt like April Fools. 

13AC2156-3D91-423F-8A04-562BF5E4BD7D.thumb.jpeg.05e3e712960a643e2fae32d73cb3b471.jpeg

It wasn’t a light dusting either. 

A8EF2F1F-4A59-4598-8708-4F551CDD1430.thumb.jpeg.cc253b25d324057d1acd2138fc565026.jpeg

Further investigation made me want to pack up and head south. One day in, and I’m calling for “Mercy”. 

5A4884D7-983D-4159-AAB9-2839722CDEC5.thumb.jpeg.b435a4ec95c11b4f7cd61355022bcd6f.jpeg

279BBE91-45DA-4ED6-B4F7-F8D3D0C845D5.thumb.jpeg.d7bfc85f848bd816dcf13cd28adb6680.jpeg

Looks beautiful but way too early!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

That's the way things were when I lived in Cincinnati.  Growing up in Buffalo, school was on unless it snowed more than about 6 inches.  They were equipped with plows and salt trucks to clear the roads overnight.  The worst that I remember was the blizzard of 77, when there was so much snow that people were literally snowed into their houses.  Snowmobiles were needed to deliver food to many houses.  As a kid though, it was a winter wonderland.

i go back to the blizzard of ‘47 .I have pictures of walking through the snow.

57 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Okay all  of our Survivor fans.  Tonight's the reveal...does the hourglass get smashed?  Tune in to find out!  I vote yes....😉

My 17 year old granddaughter and I watch every episode and discuss it the next day.I was convinced that the hourglass would not be smashed.She has the opposite opinion .She is watching the show now.I will watch it tomorrow morning.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

That's the way things were when I lived in Cincinnati.  Growing up in Buffalo, school was on unless it snowed more than about 6 inches.  They were equipped with plows and salt trucks to clear the roads overnight.  The worst that I remember was the blizzard of 77, when there was so much snow that people were literally snowed into their houses.  Snowmobiles were needed to deliver food to many houses.  As a kid though, it was a winter wonderland.

I remember that blizzard.  I was 11.    it was the only time the post office closed due to weather and my Dad was home for 2 days of fun helping us build snow first for snow ball fights etc etc

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

She did it!

Good for her. Didn’t think she’d do it. Looks like it will play out well, at least for now. Agree that Xander is more of a threat than I originally thought. Brilliant move. Loved tribal this week. Love when it gets crazy. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Good for her. Didn’t think she’d do it. Looks like it will play out well, at least for now. Agree that Xander is more of a threat than I originally thought. Brilliant move. Loved tribal this week. Love when it gets crazy. 

It was a really good tribal. I can't stand Shantel. Something about her really grates on me. No idea what sort of "pastor" she is.🤔😏

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

Okay all  of our Survivor fans.  Tonight's the reveal...does the hourglass get smashed?  Tune in to find out!  I vote yes....😉

I hoped she’d smash it and she did!

Interesting Tribal. I don’t know how they kept straight what they were doing. 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

i go back to the blizzard of ‘47 .I have pictures of walking through the snow.

19 minutes ago, OnTheJourney said:

Yeah...I tend to do that when I'm preparing a sandwich for lunch. So then it's out with the knife and scrape scrape scrape - sorta like cleaning carbon off an engine cylinder head....

My mother always said carbon was good for the stomach. 
I don’t think we ever ate toast that wasn’t scraped. 

16 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

@Sea Dog has been gone a long time. This is a terrible way to be getting ready for a cruise. It should be a happy time.😐

Well, I’d rather have things take their course while I was able to be there…instead of on a cruise hearing about it.  😭

But you are absolutely right, this isn’t the way we wanted them to start their retirement cruise.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

Well, I’d rather have things take their course while I was able to be there…instead of on a cruise hearing about it.  😭

But you are absolutely right, this isn’t the way we wanted them to start their retirement cruise.

I was thinking exactly the same thing.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, OnTheJourney said:

Cruisingpeople...that first pic would make a cool album cover for some nice, mellow, winter-themed new age music. 

I agree.

3 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

The worst that I remember was the blizzard of 77, when there was so much snow that people were literally snowed into their houses.

I remember that storm well. The firehouse I was working at was exactly 1 mile to my driveway. It took me an hour and ten minutes to get home. It was a helluva ride.

43 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

@Sea Dog has been gone a long time. This is a terrible way to be getting ready for a cruise. It should be a happy time.😐

Greg did post on his other thread about 3 hours ago. No news. Said he would give details later.

All we can do is keep praying.🙏🙏

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, helen haywood said:

I agree @helen haywoodReally, really sad. It is better if it happens now, as awful as it is. Poor Maggie. I hope they put her stuff away before they leave. It is much more devastating to come home to it. Poor Greg & Linda. I know we are thinking the worst. I am thinking about them. Poor baby. 

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1