Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

20 hours ago, OnTheJourney said:

Yeah...I've been involved in all that having been a public school teacher my whole career. Snow days....lol...such memories. I'd hate to be a superintendent and have to make those calls as to canceling, one-hour delay, etc. 

I never missed one day of HS.Like Abe Lincoln I walked to and from school every day,even in the snow.

Both of my children are public school teachers .It is a very rewarding profession.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, George C said:

My wife Shelagh has a unique name , she had very normal last name until she married me, now it’s very Italian name that totally confuses telemarketers. 

I believe I know your last name from when I was introduced to your brother many years ago.For some reason I seem to remember it.I have a good friend who is Italian but married an Irish guy.Most people know her by her name in Italian and not the American name and that name with her married name has the same effect as your wife’s name.😀

5 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Sooner or later, the tribe will realize that she's a strategic threat and vote her out...unless her alliance can protect her somehow.  Can't see her getting to the end.  It will probably be right after she makes some comment about being in control of the game.  The producers seem to like showing that "over confidence" right before someone gets blind sided.

I agree with you .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I apologize for my absence. In the midst of getting ready for the cruise. Our beloved Maggie took a turn for the worst.

Posted on the review thread.

616247133_MAGGIERIP.thumb.jpg.b0e196593949b3d1edbe7a52ea2b164c.jpg

Farewell my little Miss Sea Dog

This dog is very sad. How quickly can one day be full of joy and another full of sorrow. This morning we had to let Maggie go rest in peace. She has never been the same since her sister Penny passed last June. They were inseparable. The last couple of weeks we saw her health decline rapidly. She wasn’t eating. She was losing her eyesight. She could not support herself.

Maggie’s long time vet said her kidneys were failing. He said that she would probably not live to see us get back from the cruise. She was over 13.5 years old. She lived longer than most Cavalier King Charles Spaniels live. Most live from 9-13 years. 

She was Jonathan’s first pet. He loved that dog so much.  Maggie loved all of us. Every night she would alternate between laying next to me or Linda. She was truly a lap dog.

So Last night Jonathan came over to say his goodbye’s. It was tough. One last night together cuddled up together and then this morning goodbye.

I hope to honor her life by enjoying life the way she did. Always having a happy face. Loving to eat and drink and splurging on an occasional treat. Staying close to ones you love. I hope some day to remember how lucky I was to known her love with wonder not grief.

Goodbye my beloved Miss Maggie Sea Dog. I know you are laying next to Penny and looking over us. We will always miss you and love you.

I am sorry I have not been able to respond to each of you. I have read your comments and your outpouring of love, support and concern overwhelm's me. I can not thank you enough for your support. I am truly blessed to have each of you in my life.

I am so very sorry for your loss Greg.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jagsfan said:

Thank you for thinking about me.
I’m staying busy so I don’t dwell on Tuesday when I check in for my surgery. 
I’m hoping and praying the cancer hasn’t spread, but if it has, it has already done it, so I tell myself there’s no point in worrying. Of course, I’m a lifelong member of the Worriers Club!

Playing Bunco tonight and Mexican Train Saturday night. Then I’ve cleared the decks for a couple of weeks. 
Speaking of decks, for all of you Below Deck watchers, it was a Jeopardy answer this week. 

I hope and pray that your cancer has not spread,Mimi .

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Luckynana said:

I like Xander a lot.  I had no idea he'd made a fake idol.  Jim did.  It certainly was a brilliant move!

I especially hate it when she "hums"  That gets on my nerves!

Unbelievable how they all get up and discuss their moves.  I think last night was the worst I've ever seen!  Perhaps since there were so many of them voting at Tribal.  Good grief!

Please let us know if they work out for you and Eric.  Jim and I are interested.  We brought our snorkel mask and flippers home for Florida, since we haven't snorkeled in a while, but if these masks work, It would be great!

Samantha is a pretty girl!

Oh no!  Feel better!  I was going to wait until we got to Florida before we get our Moderna boosters, but I've been rethinking that idea.  Had either of you had any reactions to your first two shots?  Neither Jim nor I had any reactions to the two shots.

Our oldest granddaughter had the Virus last year before the shots were available, and of course, she was too young to get the shot at age 19.  She was fine with the Covid, only knew she had it due to testing after arriving home from Colorado.  When she did get her first shot, the poor kid was so very sick, vomiting, fever, etc.  She is a Nursing student, so was given the shot since she's been doing clinical in the hospital.

We got our Moderna booster a week and a half ago. No side effects. I even slept on that arm. 
Our daughter got the Moderna booster Tuesday because her vaccine was the one shot J&J. 
No side effects for her, either. 
I guess it’s the luck of the draw whether you have a miserable few days or not!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I apologize for my absence. In the midst of getting ready for the cruise. Our beloved Maggie took a turn for the worst.

Posted on the review thread.

616247133_MAGGIERIP.thumb.jpg.b0e196593949b3d1edbe7a52ea2b164c.jpg

Farewell my little Miss Sea Dog

This dog is very sad. How quickly can one day be full of joy and another full of sorrow. This morning we had to let Maggie go rest in peace. She has never been the same since her sister Penny passed last June. They were inseparable. The last couple of weeks we saw her health decline rapidly. She wasn’t eating. She was losing her eyesight. She could not support herself.

Maggie’s long time vet said her kidneys were failing. He said that she would probably not live to see us get back from the cruise. She was over 13.5 years old. She lived longer than most Cavalier King Charles Spaniels live. Most live from 9-13 years. 

She was Jonathan’s first pet. He loved that dog so much.  Maggie loved all of us. Every night she would alternate between laying next to me or Linda. She was truly a lap dog.

So Last night Jonathan came over to say his goodbye’s. It was tough. One last night together cuddled up together and then this morning goodbye.

I hope to honor her life by enjoying life the way she did. Always having a happy face. Loving to eat and drink and splurging on an occasional treat. Staying close to ones you love. I hope some day to remember how lucky I was to known her love with wonder not grief.

Goodbye my beloved Miss Maggie Sea Dog. I know you are laying next to Penny and looking over us. We will always miss you and love you.

I am sorry I have not been able to respond to each of you. I have read your comments and your outpouring of love, support and concern overwhelm's me. I can not thank you enough for your support. I am truly blessed to have each of you in my life.

A truly beautiful and loving video of your beloved.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jagsfan said:

We drove through Princeton on one of our road trips. We thought it was a most charming town. 

There is a great store on the Main Street across the the university.They sell tee shirts and other items with quotes from Albert Einstein .I bought a great one the last time I was there.

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

That's why I was originally putting it off, since we got our two shots in Naples.

We both got Moderna.

That's also something that I've been hemming and hawing about.  I have doctor appts and possible procedures  in Florida in January, and then we're cruising in February and April.

We both only had a sore arm...I'm a side sleeper, and it didn't keep me awake.  I had seen two people who had warm red rashes at the shot site.

I think they've been hinting that it could be yearly, like the flu shot...we'll see.

I had a terrible reaction from the flu shot .I pan on having the booster eith next week or the following.

2 hours ago, jagsfan said:

Thank you for thinking about me.
I’m staying busy so I don’t dwell on Tuesday when I check in for my surgery. 
I’m hoping and praying the cancer hasn’t spread, but if it has, it has already done it, so I tell myself there’s no point in worrying. Of course, I’m a lifelong member of the Worriers Club!

Playing Bunco tonight and Mexican Train Saturday night. Then I’ve cleared the decks for a couple of weeks. 
Speaking of decks, for all of you Below Deck watchers, it was a Jeopardy answer this week. 

I pray that Tuesday goes well.  Thankful to see that you are not letting it keep, you from enjoying life.

Sharon loves playing Bunco.  Since the "C" word hit, her group has not come back together.  She was part of that group for years.  We love playing Mexican Train.  Love it when the kids come to play.  Last year we bought the tile holders and the octagon tray that holds the starting tile and has place holders for each persons run of tiles.  I like the game so much I downloaded a Mexican Train app that I can play solo or up to 4 can play on it.  Fun game.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

There is a great store on the Main Street across the the university.They sell tee shirts and other items with quotes from Albert Einstein .I bought a great one the last time I was there.

One of my favorite Einstein quotes (that he apparently never actually said): "Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler".

Edited by bobmacliberty
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I pray that Tuesday goes well.  Thankful to see that you are not letting it keep, you from enjoying life.

Sharon loves playing Bunco.  Since the "C" word hit, her group has not come back together.  She was part of that group for years.  We love playing Mexican Train.  Love it when the kids come to play.  Last year we bought the tile holders and the octagon tray that holds the starting tile and has place holders for each persons run of tiles.  I like the game so much I downloaded a Mexican Train app that I can play solo or up to 4 can play on it.  Fun game.

Whoa! A Train app? I’ll have to check it out!

Our Women’s Club Bunco groups started back up in May. Everyone had to promise they’d been vaccinated. It took a couple of months before I wasn’t apprehensive. 

Edited by jagsfan
  • Like 2

Just popped in to say hi. I'm taking a minute break from packing. Thank you to everyone who has taken the time to post their well wishes and support for my grief in loss. I know it will get easier with time. I do think a nice Royal Caribbean ship and the Caribbean Sea will help a lot.

Again thank you from the bottom of my heart. All of you are incredible.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 3

Just catching up on a couple of days of posts.

@Sea DogI am so sorry for your loss.

@jagsfanWill be praying for you that Tuesday goes well.

@LuckynanaI wouldn't worry about having the shots in two different states.  My Mom is a NH resident but had her first two shots in Boston because she was able to get an appointment at Tufts Medical a month before we could get her one in NH.  She is a 34 yr breast cancer survivor and I take her to Boston every year for a follow up, so when they offered her a shot, we went.  She got her booster in NH.  At a visit yesterday to her PCP in NH, all three shots were on her record.

@h20skibumI am sorry you both are reacting to the Moderna booster.  I got my booster this morning.  I reacted to both of the first two shots, including getting the "covid arm" 8 days after the second shot.  I have been drinking water all day as some feel that helps.  I hope you feel better soon.  I spent the day making a pot of vegetable beef barley soup so if I do react, there is dinner for tomorrow, other that take out my DH or son could manage. 😄 

• Like 6

23 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Wow, I was thinking a lot about you the last couple of months.... Shall I give a "shout out" or not??

Welcome back, and congratulations on handing your PhD thesis -- that's 95% of it. 

The oral examination is the easy part...

aww nice words.  You may think that the viva is easy, but until i do it…..  it is the hardest thing in front of me.  Date to be announced by the university. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

How was my day you ask ?I had a 9AM appointment with my ENT to check out some things.Everything went okay.I was about to leave the office and head for the elevator to go down 6 floors .All of a sudden there was an alarm .It was the fire alarm.My doctor told everyone in the waiting room and those being examined to go down the stairs as quickly as possible.Which was fine for everyone but me.I have a stairlift in my house because I cannot walk up or down stairs,not even one step.There was no way that I could possibly walk down 6 flights.My doctor said it was likely a false alarm because this has been happening every week for the past several weeks.He said that when the fire fighters arrived at the building he would tell them about me.I asked how long the alarm would be ringing and he said 20-30 minutes.I cannot stand for more than 2 minutes.I grabbed onto a railing for leverage and Toby held my body .Just then the alarm stopped and people were in the hallway coming out of elevators.All I wanted to do at that point was to get out of the building and into the car.

Oh gosh, that must have been quite worrying.  You don't really think that when you choose your doctor that you need to ask them about eVacuAtion procedures.  You clearly should.