Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

21 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

We re-watched the last 2 episodes of season 3 a couple of nights ago so that we could remember everything that was happening.  It had been a while.  I will reiterate my guess at what happens.  I think John will live...somehow rescued by the boy that went to retrieve the lug nuts that he had dropped.  I think Kayce will live...somehow taking out his attackers from behind his desk.  I think Beth will die.  Tough to live through that explosion.  Because of Beth's death, Kayce and Rip will go ballistic for revenge.  Rip will be the blunt force weapon, like a sledgehammer or shotgun.  Kayce will be the precision weapon, like a scalpel or sniper rifle.  Jamie is probably in the mix as well, feeling tremendously guilty about Beth's death.  He'll hurt the big evil corporation through legal channels.

Kayce could die and turn Monica into an avenging angel

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

It is 25° here, and it says it feels like 25°. 

Grandkids have no school today, so we get them for the day.

This is our project for the day.  

B1372761-BF91-418F-A783-5838BB443AE8.thumb.jpeg.ead74d2e61a1ca8f44bdab8246a8c408.jpeg

I wonder how far we will get with it.  These sets keep getting more and more detailed. 

Saw this yesterday on YouTube.  Although I'm not a Lego guy, I'm thinking of getting it because it could be displayed after being built.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Saw this yesterday on YouTube.  Although I'm not a Lego guy, I'm thinking of getting it because it could be displayed after being built.

If you go to the Titanic Museum in Pigeon Forge Tennessee you will see a scale down model of the Titanic in Legos I think it was 25feet ish  (Not exactly sure of the length)  made by an Autistic young man from Canada.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

I forgot all about fried bologna sandwiches.  My roommate and I (pre-marriage in the 80s) would make them a lot.  Cut a cross in the middle of a slice to prevent curling and fry it up.  A little ketchup and bread...yum.  Sort of like a flat hot dog.  My roommate was from northern Jersey, close to NYC.  He also got me into scrapple.  If bologna is bad for you, scrapple must be worse.  But it tasted so good.

My SIL from PA loves scrapple 🤢.  “Everything but the oink”

• Like 2

Good morning.

Moderna Booster update:

The DH and Myself ate dinner and then chilled watching recorded shows on TV.

I went to be at 10:30 and he soon followed.

I got really warm about midnight and threw the covers off.

We keep our house at a comfortable 66 degrees at night.

Fell back asleep.

Woke up with "The Cat" under the blankets, she must have known I wasn't feeling well or her paws were just cold.

I slept, but a tad achy this morning.

Had a cup of coffee and getting ready to do some errands.

OK

Here is a new one for you.........................

I think everyone already knows my DH is a manager of a Respiratory Care Department at our local Hospital.  He has aided in the care of COVID patients as well as his management duties.

He takes all precautions, and he still to this day thinks he had COVID, before people knew what COVID was.

OK

He got his booster yesterday also.

With the CARES ACT, he got today off with pay for completing the 2 initial vaccines and yesterday the booster.

I thought it was a great gesture to those that serve.

Ok

Today we start off by going to bring the 66 GTO home.

She was a bad girl and had some major rewiring done, and other car thingies.

Parts are sometimes hard to find, and we are glad she is recovering well.

To bad cars especially old ones do not come with discount coupons or "punch" cards, after so many visits you get one free..........................lol.

Ok 

Sea you later.

• Like 8

Lunch on the road Wednesday in Baltimore.  Our first time here, but we’ll definitely stop here again. Just need to get over the location, in a strip club parking lot.4750CA87-D761-4F3F-8EB8-18FC8776E2B5.thumb.jpeg.31926c936bcb9fba3ef6e0cf39a5ce47.jpeg

Stopped in NC for the night, then on to St Augustine yesterday and last night. We had a fantastic meal at Harry’s - had the upstairs balcony all to ourselves - crab cakes, shrimp po’boy, blackened shrimp salad and of course a side of red beans & rice.  On to Disney today, but not before we stop to buy some warm clothes!
387C1780-E5A1-4F30-A65B-6A0569E6D80C.thumb.jpeg.6eb52efdd58840550c9505c4a74b259a.jpeg

• Like 9

13 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

It's unrealistic that people with mobility issues visiting a doctor would be expected to walk down stairs when it's impossible for them to do so.  I guess there's no other option if elevators can't be accessed in an emergency.

Growing up in NYC, fried salami sandwiches were a staple made with fresh baked rye bread from the neighborhood bakery.  They actually baked their own bread, pastries in back of the store.  Anyone remember the cake boxes that were tied up with thin red and white string with the string holder hanging high up in the air?  

Ours had regular string and we would wait patiently while they tied the boxes forever!!!!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sgmn said:

Just had my cholesterol checked for the first time in 3 years .....its gone up 😒

So upset,, always cook from scratch,  walk loads with our collie, work out at the gym and swim

I've been called in next week for a fasting blood test to check if it's in the Familial Hypercholesterolaemia range .

I guess I'm just going to have to double down on the exercise and healthy eating 

My mom was a tiny person who watched what she ate.  Unfortunately, her body manufactured cholesterol and hers was through the roof.  Zocor took care of it.  She even lost ten pounds(which she couldn’t afford to lose) trying to lower cholesterol before she went on the medicine!

• Like 3

On 11/4/2021 at 8:16 AM, Keksie said:

Samantha is getting a little bigger.

23325816_Samantha17.thumb.jpeg.b42a0d47bdd809482b2fcf50529673be.jpeg

Aww so pretty as usual.  She does like to ham it up for the camera for sure.  Maybe she was a fashion model that (pun intended) "walked the cat walk" in her former life!!  😄

Not just her feet are big...but that tail!!  Wow....rest of her soon to follow. 😉 

• Like 6

On 11/4/2021 at 8:35 AM, h20skibum said:

This morning, Susan and I feel horrible. We both had reactions to our Moderna booster shots.  Feaver and chills kept us up most of the night.   Hoping it passes soon.

Royal sent us a link to the photos we ordered, so my goal today is to view and download them.  Without even looking at them, I can assure you we look nothing like those two people this morning. 😂😂

I had a light headache for a few days, and a really sore arm.  Went away by day 3.  

Bucky, same as you...felt like he had the flu.  Also gone by day 3.  

On the bright side...it means your body reacted to the booster.  I would be more worried about no reaction to the shot.  😮 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

We re-watched the last 2 episodes of season 3 a couple of nights ago so that we could remember everything that was happening.  It had been a while.  I will reiterate my guess at what happens.  I think John will live...somehow rescued by the boy that went to retrieve the lug nuts that he had dropped.  I think Kayce will live...somehow taking out his attackers from behind his desk.  I think Beth will die.  Tough to live through that explosion.  Because of Beth's death, Kayce and Rip will go ballistic for revenge.  Rip will be the blunt force weapon, like a sledgehammer or shotgun.  Kayce will be the precision weapon, like a scalpel or sniper rifle.  Jamie is probably in the mix as well, feeling tremendously guilty about Beth's death.  He'll hurt the big evil corporation through legal channels.

I may need to re-watch the last few episodes as well to refresh my memory.

Beth is my favorite character and the show will lose some of it's spiciness if she is killed off. But it does set-up a great revenge scenario that you described above. 

My fearless prediction - which as almost always far off the mark - is that nobody dies, Beth suffers the worst injuries and after a long healing process, comes back in more hardened and bitter......if that it possible. lol

Whew... be offline for two days...and have a dozen pages to catch up on!!  😮  

Flights were very good from Orlando to Spokane yesterday.  One thing for sure, Delta does first class better than American Airlines...IMHO!  

Picked up the rental car and off we went for our 3 hour drive to Lake Chelan.  With all travel added...about 15 hours of travel time.  Needless to say, after just picking up what we needed for

dinner and breakfast this morning...including a bottle of red to go with the pasta...we were exhausted.

Nice 2/2 condo right on the beautiful lake with balcony.  Huge fireplace, good kitchen.  

Have appointment for private one hour wine tasting at one of our favorite area wineries, Nefarious, this afternoon.  Exploring some restaurant ideas as well...but today...it is 43 degrees and need to make a pot of chili for lunch!!  

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

My fearless prediction - which as almost always far off the mark - is that nobody dies, Beth suffers the worst injuries and after a long healing process, comes back in more hardened and bitter......if that it possible. lol

I'd also like to see Beth stay and that may very well be what happens.  Beth basically vowed revenge on the woman who was trying to take their land and fired her.  Would make sense that she still gets the chance to follow through.  

• Like 2

14 hours ago, helen haywood said:

@dani negreanu I forgot to say, when you commiserated with me about my “annus horribilis” that we used to joke in school that the benefit of a Classical education was you could fill out your unemployment papers in Latin.  😁

😁 Latin you said?  There is another lady, @Merion_Mom, who could also fill those in Latin....😁

6 hours ago, sgmn said:

Just had my cholesterol checked for the first time in 3 years .....its gone up 😒

Sometimes, it is genetic.... 😢

3 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

My mom was a tiny person who watched what she ate.  Unfortunately, her body manufactured cholesterol and hers was through the roof.  

^ This.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Coralc said:

How was the cruise? 

I've never eaten bologna.

Nor have I.  I love hot dogs, but bologna, no thank you!  Jim loves bologna, and our 3 daughters grew up with bologna sandwiches for lunch, for like, forever!

16 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Not a fan of Swiss cheese or Rye bread for that matter. And I hate sauerkraut.

I love all 3!!!  Oooh, swish cheese with mayo on rye!  I surely do love sauerkraut, and most especially, when I have pork chops in the oven, and the pork juice drips onto the sauerkraut.  To die for!!!!

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

It's been a lovely day today.

Graham.

IMG_20211105_164725.jpg

Well, look at you, in your USA shirt!  It looks like it must be warmer where you are, than it is here in New Jersey!  Brrrr!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

love all 3!!!  Oooh, swish cheese with mayo on rye!  I surely do love sauerkraut, and most especially, when I have pork chops in the oven, and the pork juice drips onto the sauerkraut.  To die for!!!!

I like an occasional Reuben sandwich with but otherwise no rye.  I like sauerkraut on brats with mustard and grilled onions.  I love a Swiss cheese burger with grilled onions and mushrooms.

• Like 4

I did my pre-op and COVID test today. The swab didn’t go all the way into my brain, so not bad. 
I’ve had quite a few surgeries in my last few years, but never such a long list of instructions. 
Tomorrow I’m supposed to start drinking protein shakes…lots of them. And eat plenty of meat. That part I like!
Monday night change bed linens, lay out clean (as opposed to dirty?) nightwear, shampoo hair as normal, bathe body with antibacterial soap, then Hibiclens…one bottle. Then use a special wipe for upper body. 2nd special wipe for arms, armpits!!! and hands, 3rd special wipe for midsection, 4th for legs and  feet. Then dry with a clean towel. 
At 6 am drink Ensure carbohydrate drink. 
Then repeat the evening shower with all steps. Dry with 2nd clean towel. 
Then put on clean clothing. 
Take all my normal meds except Xarelto, which I will stop after tonight. 
Be at the hospital at 8am. 
Expected 3 hour surgery at 10:10am. 

The Hibiclens part I’m used to. The wipes and changing bed linens is new to me. 
Anything that makes surgery safer is a good thing!

I so appreciate the good thoughts and prayers…I need them!

Mimi

I forgot to add, post surgery I’m to chew gum several times a day till the follow up appointment with my surgeon! And I am not to swallow it. I haven’t chewed gum in many years, so I’ll have to check what flavors it comes in. 

Edited by jagsfan
  • Like 19