Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Thank you, Crystal, about letting us know that Dolly is hosting the country music awards onMarch 7 on Prime.While we are not die hard Country music fans, we like Dolly, Garth Brooks and also liked Kenny Rodgers and Mac Davis.

We were surprised that we enjoyed the Ken Burns’ documentary on country music. Friends are moving to Franklin,Tenn outside of Nashville. We plan to visit once they are settled. Thinking we will check out the Rhynman Auditorium- not sure of the spelling - and some other Nashville spots when we are there.

MJ🙋🏻

3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Well my wife got the Gazebo she had always wanted and now it was time for me to get something I have wanted since we moved to Virginia to our new house.

Customized Golf Cart. The guy did an amazing job putting it together. It will be a lot of fun and all the above will last much longer then any  cruise.

Also we are thinking of remodeling the our  kitchen.  So this pretty much put an  end to cruising to Europe this fall. Just not excited on taking any cruise at this time from out of the country. Don't see anything changing anytime soon.

So when the times comes we will just get our deposit back and stop chasing down that Lift and Shift Owners Suite.

If we do any cruises in the future they will be from the US.

20220118_170732.jpg

20220203_084552.jpg

20220203_084601.jpg

20220203_084613.jpg

20220203_084626.jpg

Nice!    I would love to have one of them to zip around the shore but I have my bicycle😅

I completely understand about the European cruise you have booked for next September.     We all decided we are not going to do our Baltic sailing just haven't officially cancelled it.    Going to let it ride till final payment.

Plenty of other good things to spend money on, such as your new Toy!    

Beautiful photos of the deer!   Is that one in the middle almost white or just the lighting?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Woohoo I'm getting the hang of posting multiple quotes in here! 😁

Great job, Bonnie!  Some day I will learn to post pictures😉

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

You have a point.

For me, it's a difficult "balance" between not "manufacturing" so many pages in one day, therefore causing reticence to "deal" with too many "news" and too many quotes, where you, and may be others, get lost...

Sigh.

For me also, Dani.  I'm almost always 3 or 4 pages (sometimes more) behind, so I also try not to "manufacture" so many pages in one day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Nice!    I would love to have one of them to zip around the shore but I have my bicycle😅

I completely understand about the European cruise you have booked for next September.     We all decided we are not going to do our Baltic sailing just haven't officially cancelled it.    Going to let it ride till final payment.

Plenty of other good things to spend money on, such as your new Toy!    

Beautiful photos of the deer!   Is that one in the middle almost white or just the lighting?

I think it was just some kind of reflection from the window in the sunroom, all the deer pretty much look the same.

We do have to pay extra for a dancing deer . 🙂

Like you said we haven't cruised in over 2 years and to tell you the truth there is plenty of other things to do with our time and money.  Don't miss cruising one bit.

20220118_170749.jpg

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

We are right on the line between pink ( mixed precip) and blue (snow) so our snow total is still low. Just came in from snow blowing our drive, and three of the elderly people in our neighborhood.  Although if you asked my daughter, she would tell you that I fit in the “elderly” category. 

I am still hopeful that our weather forecast is wrong, because it says we will have 14.5 inches by the time it stops tomorrow afternoon.  I see some more snow blowing in my future.

Hope everyone weathers their own storms.

Uggh - I sure hope you don't end up with 14.5 inches.      

Did you tell your Daughter she is more than welcome to come shovel out the "elderly" - HaHa!

Here is southeastern PA is extremely fogging, temp is 45 f with lite drizzle most of the day.    Tomorrow is a suppose to be a high of 55 f with mostly rain that may change over to a wintry mix as the temp is suppose to drop in to the 20's for Saturday.    

I wish I was with Super Mario and living on a cruise ship this winter🤩

• Like 5

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

You have a point.

For me, it's a difficult "balance" between not "manufacturing" so many pages in one day, therefore causing reticence to "deal" with too many "news" and too many quotes, where you, and may be others, get lost...

Sigh.

I find it’s a balance for me too. Sometimes I am away from the thread or a lot of people have responded to me and asked a question. Do I add revert one at once or do I do multiple individual posts and take up page space? Someone may not not want to read multiple quotes but they might not want to read 6 posts in a row by the same person.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

You have a point.

Sigh.

23 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Great job, Bonnie!  Some day I will learn to post pictures😉

For me also, Dani.  I'm almost always 3 or 4 pages (sometimes more) behind, so I also try not to "manufacture" so many pages in one day.

5 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I find it’s a balance for me too. Sometimes I am away from the thread or a lot of people have responded to me and asked a question. Do I add revert one at once or do I do multiple individual posts and take up page space? Someone may not not want to read multiple quotes but they might not want to read 6 posts in a row by the same person.

Don't stress out too much about it. At the end of the day, we are still reading the same amount of words, whether they are grouped together in a lot of short posts over many pages or really long posts in fewer pages.  But still the same amount of reading.

Although I will admit, if I find there 10+ pages of unread posts, I may only go back 4 or 5 pages. So I'll miss some posts, but then again, if I read too many 10 multi-quote posts in a row, I'll start skimming over the and miss some posts as well.

First world problems. 😉

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

I think I'm good up to 3 or 4 multi-quotes in one post, especially when they are of similar subject matter. I get while people do, especially when there are a lot of pages to catch up on, but some of the 8 or 10 multi-quote posts, I get a little crossed-eye & miss stuff.

Not asking anyone to change, just sharing my 2 cents.

I wonder where that expression came from ?

42 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I wish my posts didn’t come out in a string. I’ve always been a talker, so I always  seem to have a comment about others’ posts and comments. 
like just now!!!

• Like 7

1 hour ago, MJSailors said:

Thank you, Crystal, about letting us know that Dolly is hosting the country music awards onMarch 7 on Prime.While we are not die hard Country music fans, we like Dolly, Garth Brooks and also liked Kenny Rodgers and Mac Davis.

We were surprised that we enjoyed the Ken Burns’ documentary on country music. Friends are moving to Franklin,Tenn outside of Nashville. We plan to visit once they are settled. Thinking we will check out the Rhynman Auditorium- not sure of the spelling - and some other Nashville spots when we are there.

MJ🙋🏻

OMG was so excited to hear the America's Queen Dolly Parton is hosting the awards.  In addition to being a fabulous entertainer she is a philanthropist galore, just ask Moderna!  Her dad was illiterate which caused her to start her foundation Imagination Library.  Genuinely talented singer/songwriter and more importantly a truly wonderful human being.  Giving back is her middle name.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

I think I'm good up to 3 or 4 multi-quotes in one post, especially when they are of similar subject matter. I get while people do, especially when there are a lot of pages to catch up on, but some of the 8 or 10 multi-quote posts, I get a little crossed-eye & miss stuff.

Not asking anyone to change, just sharing my 2 cents.

That is what I was doing too, so I hope no one took it badly. And if they did then 🥰for them!

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I wonder where that expression came from ?

I just googled to find out and there are a couple different explanations:

1.    A newspaper cost 2 cents

2.   The cost of postage stamp or a post card stamp cost only 2 cents

3.   or that it is derived from a 16th century English expression "a penny for your thoughts" but I got two pennies worth

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I just googled to find out and there are a couple different explanations:

1.    A newspaper cost 2 cents

2.   The cost of postage stamp or a post card stamp cost only 2 cents

3.   or that it is derived from a 16th century English expression "a penny for your thoughts" but I got two pennies worth

Very interesting.

• Like 1