Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

12 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

IMO, I would keep what you have booked for 2024.  You have a great itinerary on Jewel.   

We are looking to book a fjords sailing for 2024 before they shutdown cruise ship entry.  We had one booked for 2020 that was lifted/shifted, rebooked, etc then we did not go due to covid testing concerns and  flight issues.   I was so sad we did not go especially at the great price we had back then.

Fjords most likely will close cruise ships out in near future, I would stay with the Jewel sailing.   

Plus the pricing for 2025 maybe crazy!

What is the Equinox itinerary?

I would love to do that May 30, 2024 Jewel itinerary but just took a peek at balcony prices - yikes! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

Our daughter is buying a house right now.  The best that she could get was 30 years at 7.125%.  That's a new buyer rate.  At least the mortgage company covers some of the closing costs.  She's hoping that rates will drop in a couple of years and she can re-mortgage.  I remember that we started at around 6% (30 years) in 1992 and switch to around 2% (15 year) after 4 or 5 years.  Our monthly cost dropped a bit and it was so nice being mortgage free after 15 years.

I think the rate was 10.9% when we bought our house.  We moved to a better school district, plus we needed a larger house with two kids.  We did a 15 year mortgage, so we would be paid off in time to start making tuition payments for the kids.  It was nice being mortgage free after 15 years, but tuition was much more than mortgage, especially with the colleges our kids went to. 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Jimbo said:

....Jewel(12 nights) gets over on 11th of June, fly to Barcelona,2 nights pre, plus 2 nights post cruise in Rome after Equinox(9 nights)

• Day 1: Barcelona - Spain
    • Thu Jun 13 2024 | Depart 05:00 PM
    • Day 2: At Sea
    • Fri Jun 14 2024 |
    • Day 3: Provence(Marseille) - France
    • Sat Jun 15 2024 | 07:00 AM To 06:00 PM
    • Day 4: Nice (Villefranche) - France
    • Sun Jun 16 2024 | 08:00 AM To 07:00 PM
    • Day 5: Santa Margherita - Italy
    • Mon Jun 17 2024 | 08:00 AM To 06:00 PM
    • Day 6: Florence/Pisa(Livorno) - Italy
    • Tue Jun 18 2024 | Arrive 07:00 AM
    • Day 7: Florence/Pisa(Livorno) - Italy
    • Wed Jun 19 2024 | Depart 06:00 PM
    • Day 8: At Sea
    • Thu Jun 20 2024 |
    • Day 9: Naples - Italy
    • Fri Jun 21 2024 | 07:00 AM To 06:00 PM
    • Day 10: Rome (Civitavecchia) - Italy
    • Sat Jun 22 2024 | Arrive 05:30 AM

We did a very similar cruise 7 years ago on brilliance, great ports

• Like 3

@dani negreanu

Dani, sorry I missed your comment about your cousin needing surgery due to the spot on her lung.  I hope all goes well for her and that you are able to enjoy your cruise.  

Curious how they assessed it as 99% that it would be cancerous.  It must have been a large size.  

When I had my CT that discovered my thoracic aortic aneurysm, it also discovered a spot on my lung.  In my case, they follow the Fleischner Society criteria, and will do another CT at 6 months to see if it has grown in size.  I should be due for my follow up CT the end of next month.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

35 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I agree. Times are not so bad for people who know how to control their spending and not live off of credit. At least now one can park some money risk free in a bank and get some return on it.

I can't remember the last numbers I heard but credit card debt is astronomical in the U.S. A lot of people don't like to deny themselves anything regardless of their inability to pay for those things.

It is like that here too.

Very few young people especially pay for everything on cards and not cash.

We popped out for a while earlier for a snack and hot drinks.

IMG_20230828_132933.jpg

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I would love to do that May 30, 2024 Jewel itinerary but just took a peek at balcony prices - yikes! 

We have a Category 2D  booked for less then 1/2 of the prices that are listed now for that same category.

Booked back in January 2023

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

We are live coming to you from Amsterdam. Sorry, but Helen, Marty, Mike and I are sitting in the theater for turn around. Will keep y'all updated. 😁

6 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Greetings from Amsterdam!  We’ve finished our British Isles portion of the cruise.  Getting ready for the Transarctic to NY.  I had intentions to post but have not had a chance because of either being out all day with tours and excursions or exhausted from them or not having internet.  We have a free moment now.

It is a beautiful day here in Amsterdam this morning.  
IMG_0511.thumb.jpeg.4b851695e9a8045e91446b457d0abdfb.jpeg

IMG_0523.thumb.jpeg.70ec307206d6a37718a14f8f9ff0216b.jpeg

I get the gym all to myself.

IMG_0517.thumb.jpeg.370a59bcbb1437effcc191bc2b370adb.jpeg

IMG_0528.thumb.jpeg.69558053816b27332d03f4af377bd02e.jpeg

IMG_0548.thumb.jpeg.d4bc48e2f3d73345c66a333bf8509bac.jpeg

Wow how exciting. This sounds like an incredible B2B. Have a blast for me. Cheers to all of you!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

We are live coming to you from Amsterdam. Sorry, but Helen, Marty, Mike and I are sitting in the theater for turn around. Will keep y'all updated. 😁

Looks like you are still at the pier, is that correct?

image.thumb.png.4d7cac5fac0a3875def106e457b2a41d.png

7 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

While in the English Lake District yesterday our RAF were practicing low flying.

They do that same thing around our house. The planes come out of the US Naval Air Station in Norfolk, Virginia and do the low flying practice around the Blue Ridge Mountains which are 300  miles due west of the base where we live.

Our cats are finally get used to it after almost 3 years. They would run super fast and head down stairs when ever they come over. Usually at least 2 together sometimes 3.  Really loud !

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

Curious how they assessed it as 99% that it would be cancerous.  It must have been a large size.  

Thanks, Mark.

Seems to be - 2.8mm.

At least, my cousin is getting the best private care money can buy. For the 1%, the recommendation was for a bronchoscopy, since they thought, her being from Romania too, might be TB.... She argued that since her mom (my aunt) was a pediatrician, stands to reason she would know if her daughter had TB ☹️

In the end, sadly, the 99% was accurate. She got the PetCT results today - thankfully no metastases, but the "spot" was shining and bright.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Looks like you are still at the pier, is that correct?

image.thumb.png.4d7cac5fac0a3875def106e457b2a41d.png

Yes we were. We left about 30 minutes ago, but we haven't gone thru the locks yet. If I remember correctly it will take us about 3 - 4 hours to get to the ocean.

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

If you go to the Amsterdam webcam you will get a great view right now.  The ship is turning around and headed to the camera.   Close-up coming soon.

I'm in a pink shirt, Marty in a green shirt, Mike in a blue and white shirt and Helen had on a jacket over a black short (I think). I remember Marty's because his was a Heineken shirt. We didn't do the turn around last time.

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

This sounds very treatable.

Thank you, OB. I really appreciate your input and the reassurance.

The surgeon says the "spot" is in a "good place" (In the superior segment of the left lower lobe) to operate on.

My cousin just wants IT out ASAP.

• Like 17