Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

47 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

7th.Heaven was the name of a Rock band about 40 years ago in Chicago.

If it is the same band they were really good .A bit of music trivia,the group that I am familia with chose the name of their band from one of their all time favorite songs .

I don't know anything about them!

I suck at music trivia!

6 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Thanks! What lovely pictures of the family!

I think I remember you having the "secret" cabin! (deck7)😉

I am also looking a the Wonder sailing around the same time....running numbers😁

I hope you are on Bella 2 so I can meet you and this lovely family personally.

Thank you! We were in the special cabin with the giant aft balcony. We’ve had it twice now and it’s always so fun.

Unfortunately, we are not on Bella 2 because we can only cruise when school is out. But it would be so nice to meet someday!

• Like 6

5 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

We love driving to Galveston, approx. 6 hours with a stop at Buc-ees.  Very relaxing and love the anticipation of finally getting there, closer and closer.

I don’t love the drive as much as I love saving $$, avoiding the unpleasant airport experience, and not having to pack as carefully!

• Like 7

We’re having a sad week and weekend. 
our daughter’s cat, Cooper, had developed diabetes, and Lisa spent 4 weeks giving him a special diet twice a day and keeping him away from Jasmine’s (their black cat) food. She gave him insulin injections every day, but his sugar never went down, and he was losing weight. 
last Sunday Lisa took Cooper to the emergency vet because he was obviously in distress. They gave him an iv, and ran blood tests. 
Cooper was diagnosed with acromegaly, which causes insulin resistance and other problems. 
She picked him up Thursday to let him have one more day and night at home. 
He spent the entire time in her lap. 
Friday morning she took him back and sat with him till it was over. 
Lisa is devastated and we’re all horribly sad. 
Cooper was one of a kind, mellow but frisky at the same time. Cats are intelligent, but most of them, if they understand what you’re saying, they don’t let on. Cooper was more like a dog, responding to words like go for a ride (which always meant to the vet or kennel), came running when you called him, just a super cat. 
We’ll all miss him so much!

My granddaughter Hannah posted the first two photos on Facebook. I had never seen either of them. 
The third one Lisa took on Cooper’s last day at home. 

IMG_3436.jpeg

IMG_3435.jpeg

IMG_3432.jpeg

Edited by jagsfan
  • Like 35

3 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

@mo&fran

How are you doing? I think about you in my prayers.

Thanks.  My chemo is about over, but still have a lot of Radiation to go.  It is getting a lot more difficult to swallow. We are basically one day at a time.

They will do a cat scan day after Labor day to measure the progress of the treatment.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

@Jimbo

Hi, it's easier for me to reply here --

I wouldn't change your unique and amazing Jewel cruise for a "pseudo-fjord" cruise --

You're "hitting" the best fjords there -- Geiranger and Flaam, and the Arctic Circle, and you're leaving from Amsterdam, a much nicer city than Hamburg. You have a jack pot here!!! Jewel is the best ship to do this itinerary.

12 Days Scandinavia & Fjords

Royal Caribbean Int. • Jewel of the Seas
Amsterdam, Geiranger, Tromso, Honningsvag, Arctic Circle, Alesund, Flaam, Stavanger, Kristiansand, Amsterdam
1 departure dates: May 30 2024

versus this -- 

13 Days Scandinavia & Fjords

MSC Cruises • MSC Preziosa
Hamburg, Bergen, Molde, Trondheim, Alesund, Maloy, Vik, Stavanger, Oslo, Hamburg
1 departure dates: Sep 01 2025

Myself I've never been on MSC, but I've heard enough from people whom I value their opinion, so that for free I wouldn't sail with them. Every announcement in at least 6 languages? Not for me, thank you.

Thanks for all the information, I kind of figured it wouldn't be the same as Royal's Itinerary.  Wonder when or if Royal will have a 2025 version of this same itinerary?

The Hamburg Cruise Ship Parade would have been fun I bet. They have it every other year in Hamburg.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

Thanks.  My chemo is about over, but still have a lot of Radiation to go.  It is getting a lot more difficult to swallow. We are basically one day at a time.

They will do a cat scan day after Labor day to measure the progress of the treatment.

I know it feels like it’s taking forever, and going through it has to be so disheartening, but when you come out the other side, it will be glorious!

Meanwhile, your CC team is rooting for your success!

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Mushy peas? I may be the only American that loves them. 
On the other  hand, fish and chips is on many menus here. Just make sure I have malt vinegar!

Good evening.

We have just got home after a fantastic 4 nights in the English Lake District.

Our food was fantastic every day and we had a very enjoyable time.

IMG-20230825-WA0004.jpg

IMG-20230827-WA0001.jpg

IMG_20230827_123215.jpg

IMG_20230825_144618.jpg

IMG_20230823_145713.jpg

• Like 20
  • Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

our daughter’s cat, Cooper, had developed diabetes, and Lisa spent 4 weeks giving him a special diet twice a day and keeping him away from Jasmine’s (their black cat) food. She gave him insulin injections every day, but his sugar never went down, and he was losing weight. 
last Sunday Lisa took Cooper to the emergency vet because he was obviously in distress. They gave him an iv, and ran blood tests. 
Cooper was diagnosed with acromegaly, which causes insulin resistance and other problems. 
Cooper was one of a kind, mellow but frisky at the same time. Cats are intelligent, but most of them, if they understand what you’re saying, they don’t let on. Cooper was more like a dog, responding to words like go for a ride (which always meant to the vet or kennel), came running when you called him, just a super cat. 

My granddaughter Hannah posted the first two photos on Facebook. I had never seen either of them. 

IMG_3436.jpeg

IMG_3435.jpeg

IMG_3432.jpeg

So sad. 😞

12 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Thanks for all the information, I kind of figured it wouldn't be the same as Royal's Itinerary.  Wonder when or if Royal will have a 2025 version of this same itinerary?

Why do u want to postpone this one? In those time, I wouldn't postpone anything....

We were supposed to cruise with my cousin and her DH this Saturday. I've mentioned last week that during a routine check-up, a "spot" was found in one of her lungs. Further tests negated TB, infection, funghi or spores. A lung CT assumes that 99% the "spot" is cancerous....

So, instead of cruising, my cousin will undergo an op (4-5 hours) to remove it, this Wednesday. Being in full penalty, we'll go on with the cruise, but our heart will not be in it.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Has anyone seen the series on NetFlix called  "Inventing Anna"

“This whole story is completely true. Except for all the parts that are totally made up.” 

Julia Garner who was in the "Ozarks" is the main  actress in the series. She is very good.

I watched it. Julia Garner is a fantastic actress & she did a great job. And yes, the accent was real!

I went down a rabbit hole and while the story is mostly true, there are a few events that are greatly exaggerated.  Some of the characters had their names changed or are a few real life people combined into one character. 

Also, the old saying: There are 3 sides to every story. Yours, mine and the truth" applies here. The story is told from Anna's POV and the hotel desk clerk friend. The "other friend" that got stiff with the hotel bill in Morocco was not interview (she had a pending book deal & could not give interviews) and therefore is not shown in a very positive light. 

EDIT: Hopefully you've seen the whole series & I didn't spoil anything.

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 3

39 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

IMG_3436.jpeg

IMG_3435.jpeg

IMG_3432.jpeg

😢

8 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Why do u want to postpone this one? In those time, I wouldn't postpone anything....

We were supposed to cruise with my cousin and her DH this Saturday. I've mentioned last week that during a routine check-up, a "spot" was found in one of her lungs. Further tests negated TB, infection, funghi or spores. A lung CT assumes that 99% the "spot" is cancerous....

So, instead of cruising, my cousin will undergo an op (4-5 hours) to remove it, this Wednesday. Being in full penalty, we'll go on with the cruise, but our heart will not be in it.

I am so sorry to hear that.

I wish you have a peaceful cruise.
Prayers that your cousin will be fine.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

IMG_3436.jpeg

IMG_3435.jpeg

IMG_3432.jpeg

I'm so sorry to hear the sad news about Cooper Mimi.

He looked a gorgeous cat.

Graham.

47 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

IMG_3436.jpeg

IMG_3435.jpeg

IMG_3432.jpeg

I'm so sorry Mimi about the loss of a valued family member. May Cooper rest in peace and your family be at peace with all the great memories.

36 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

One day at a time. You are doing great!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1