Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

21 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

A little story about the Flanigan’s near us. There was a head (actual human head) found in the dumpster. The other parts of the body were found elsewhere. We wouldn’t go there or any Flanigan’s for many years. Every time we saw one all we could think about was the head. 🤮 This happened about 6 months after we moved to Fort Lauderdale. Fortunately the killer was caught.

😱

38 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Do you recall the name of the restaurant? Also, Flanigan’s has tasty garlic rolls. They have chunks of garlic on them.

IMG_3643.thumb.jpeg.a0c8aeb22a13eb112a8bb95c05021acf.jpeg

IL Mulino , garlic rolls and entire meal was really good . I could make a meal with just those garlic rolls and a good bottle of Chianti Classico.

Edited by George C
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

I can’t decide whether to do it “Live” or an “As If.” I’d like to do a as if in real time after we get back but that is also the week before my knee replacement surgery so I may need to do it live but then enhance it with more detailed posts and videos as I have time to edit them. I have already pre produced some videos. I really want to do a production on our visit to JVD. I hope our group doesn’t mind being being videotaped. If nothing else it will make for a good memory.

If you do an actual "Live", I'm sure you'll have plenty of help with others (including me) posting pics and all that, so you won't feel like you have to carry the entire load.  Whichever way makes it easiest on you is fine!

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Husky1987 said:

If you do an actual "Live", I'm sure you'll have plenty of help with others (including me) posting pics and all that, so you won't feel like you have to carry the entire load.  Whichever way makes it easiest on you is fine!

Great I’d love for the others to join in. I’m going to be making an emphasis that you and the others are sailing with me.

• Like 2

@Ocean Boy hope your football camp went well.  Owen has a senior practice Monday night, and is helping the JR team Tuesday to Thursday. He did some practice kicks in the yard today and was hitting consistent 40-50 yard PATs. He’s looking forward to football. 

School starts in a few weeks, but hockey tryouts are posted and the 2024 baseball team one will be shortly thereafter.  

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I can’t decide whether to do it “Live” or an “As If.” I’d like to do a as if in real time after we get back but that is also the week before my knee replacement surgery so I may need to do it live but then enhance it with more detailed posts and videos as I have time to edit them. I have already pre produced some videos. I really want to do a production on our visit to JVD. I hope our group doesn’t mind being being videotaped. If nothing else it will make for a good memory.

Whichever version you decide on, I’m sure it’ll be great.  As for being videotaped on the JVD trip, I guess that’ll depend on how many Painkillers I have 😉😂.  Just kidding, I’m good with it.  

41 minutes ago, Husky1987 said:

Agree. You’re the professional Greg but I think we’ll all be happy to assist and make it a joint effort.  

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, mo&fran said:

When we lived in Ct. , we did sailings on Explorer out of Bayonne from 9 to 11 days, so we could get to Labadee , San Juan, St Martin or other ports.  Couple of times, we got back to NJ and the weather was so bad, we ended up staying on for one of the 7 day sailings, you know, PC, Nassau, Coco Cay.

Wasn't exciting, but I put off shoveling snow.

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

Those were some of my favorite sailings & 9-11 days is my sweet spot.

1 hour ago, mo&fran said:

That works till you get a really big snowfall.  Once, as we were returning, Hartford was predicted to get 3 feet, and they did. That was the first one were we stayed on.   There were plenty of rooms available that cruise. 

We had a couple of fantastic 9 night sailings on Explorer out of Bayonne back in March 2013 & Jan 2014.  We also sailed NCL Gem 10 night from NYC in Feb 2017. During that cruise there was a big snowstorm in NY and we arrived to our car snowed and iced in at the Manhattan terminal parking.  It took Andy forever to dig us out with a hand shovel, in his boat shoes no less!  

• Like 5

Unsolicited recommendation for something related to cruising...sunglasses.  I bought my first pair of Maui Jim sunglasses in Ka'anapali while on our honeymoon in 1993.  I've used nothing but Maui Jims since then.  I recently broke the temple (side piece) of the pair that I use while golfing.  Too much moving them from my eyes to my hat and back holding just the right temple eventually caused them to break. 

I filled out the repair form online, paid $15, and took them to the UPS store.  Eight days later they appeared in my mailbox almost like new.  They had the same lenses that had a few minor scratches but everything else was perfect.  They even tightened everything up.  This is the second time that I've used this service and have been extremely satisfied.  Maui Jims are pretty expensive but the lenses do a fantastic job of eliminating glare and they're stylish, in addition to having great customer service.  I've got 3 pairs, including one that has built in readers for reading/using my phone on the beach or by the pool.  👍👍

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Unsolicited recommendation for something related to cruising...sunglasses.  I bought my first pair of Maui Jim sunglasses in Ka'anapali while on our honeymoon in 1993.  I've used nothing but Maui Jims since then.  I recently broke the temple (side piece) of the pair that I use while golfing.  Too much moving them from my eyes to my hat and back holding just the right temple eventually caused them to break. 

I filled out the repair form online, paid $15, and took them to the UPS store.  Eight days later they appeared in my mailbox almost like new.  They had the same lenses that had a few minor scratches but everything else was perfect.  They even tightened everything up.  This is the second time that I've used this service and have been extremely satisfied.  Maui Jims are pretty expensive but the lenses do a fantastic job of eliminating glare and they're stylish, in addition to having great customer service.  I've got 3 pairs, including one that has built in readers for reading/using my phone on the beach or by the pool.  👍👍

I have been using nothing but Maui Jim for sunglasses for years. Love their optics and their customer service can't be beat. I'm not sure how many pairs I have bought over the years, not because they fall apart but because they come up with new styles that I like.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

We had a couple of fantastic 9 night sailings on Explorer out of Bayonne back in March 2013 & Jan 2014.  We also sailed NCL Gem 10 night from NYC in Feb 2017. During that cruise there was a big snowstorm in NY and we arrived to our car snowed and iced in at the Manhattan terminal parking.  It took Andy forever to dig us out with a hand shovel, in his boat shoes no less!  

I went back and looked, the snowstorm was indeed Feb 2013.  When we sailed out of NJ, royal had bus charters from around New England that went to the port.  WE always left the car at home, in the garage, took a taxi to Hartford , and rode the bus.

• Like 4

Re the Maui Jim sunglasses.  DH had the side arm pin break once when we were on a cruise…that day was Grand Cayman.  We went in search of a sunglass store to see about a fix.  The one we went to…the lady behind the counter said “Ah!  You have Maui Jim!”  and fixed them for free.

• Like 6

33 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

That's too bad, although 99 is a long life.  He's an icon.  Loved him in Happy Gilmore. 😁

It was just on last night. 

24 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I had not heard. The Price Is Right has never been the same without him.

Agreed, especially with the smaller audience kept post Covid. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I can relate to that.... coming back and getting the car snowed out! we used to leave a shovel in the car when we left for our January cruises out of NY/NJ

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I’ve never had a pair and they are pricey. Do they do prescriptions?  I need some new glasses. I need to check with my glasses place.

57 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I've got 3 pairs, including one that has built in readers for reading/using my phone on the beach or by the pool.  👍👍

I have two pairs, one I love and another older pair I’m no longer crazy about the style so they’ve become my ‘beaters’, just to wear working in the yard or whatever.  
I wasn’t aware of the built in readers option. I’m going to have to look into those.