Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

17 hours ago, singinalot said:

heading to NYC Sun-Wed. Anything anyone wants to see? 

Your trip reports never disappoint so post whatever you do. It's always refreshing to see the city thru different eyes.

Enjoy your trip, looks like you'll have fantastic weather for the first couple of days.  If you have time, walk the Highline, start at the top (north) and work you way down to Greenwich Village.  That's where it's more active. Then bounce around the village.

https://www.thehighline.org/visit/

Byrant Park is a nice, little park to kill an hour or two. Maybe even partake in a game of Pétanque, which looks a lot like Bocce to me but apparently it's different somehow. 

https://bryantpark.org/

Plenty of places to eat & drink at both which are my usual priorities.

• Like 6

On 8/20/2023 at 3:24 PM, Sea Dog said:

Well yesterday was a stressful day. We went to a celebration of life for our dear friends mother. I did not eat  lunch but while we were there started to get light headed. I decided to sit down for awhile and apparently someone saw my eyes roll back into my head and I think I passed out. Next thing I’m doing is laying on floor talking to paramedics. I started feeling better after drinking some water and did not want to be taken to the hospital. Linda and the others thought otherwise. So off I went. The paramedics were really nice including the one riding with me who loves to cruise Royal Caribbean too. Got fluids in the ER and some blood work done. The doctor said my potassium levels were real low and probably was the culprit. Now that I think about it this was most likely the cause of my Galveston Cruise episode where I fainted and fell and broke my collarbone. I was also dehydrated and that was caused by my blood pressure medicine having a diuretic in it so I pee more than I put in. So it looks like more bananas will be in my diet. I was extremely embarrassed that it happened but all my friends where so caring and concerned it was nice of them. I’m fine today just a little tired. The staff and doctors at the hospital were great I was in and out after a couple of hours. I’m so glad it wasn’t serious and that it’s treatable with diet. Banana colada anyone????

cheers,

I wanted to put the laughing emoji because of the banana colada comment, but it didn’t seem right with what happened to you. Hope your feeling better.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Wo Hop had the best Chinese food I ever had.  We had to wait on line to get in.  Real physical on line, NOT on a computer. 😉   I never heard of Peking Duck House but I know Chinatown never disappoints for fabulous food.  

Have you ever been to Little Italy for the famous San Genarro Festival also in Lower Manhattan?  I was there twice and it was amazing.  I grew up so close and after I moved, I often wondered why I didn't get there more often.

I've been there many times. Love going!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ReneeFLL said:

I wanted to put the laughing emoji because of the banana colada comment, but it didn’t seem right with what happened to you. Hope your feeling better.

I was trying to make light so no problem. I am feeling much better thank you!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I hear you. Good to take a break because you will be right back at it October 21st! 

Less than that. We leave Sept 24th for our Med cruise, return on Oct 9th and we’re home for a whole 10 days before heading to Ft Lauderdale and Adventure.  

• Like 12

5 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Less than that. We leave Sept 24th for our Med cruise, return on Oct 9th and we’re home for a whole 10 days before heading to Ft Lauderdale and Adventure.  

That's awesome. I can't wait to hear all about it. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

The 7 & 8 day itineraries don’t look very good to me imo. 

The itineraries aren't great at all but it gets us on a ship without having to fly to Florida.  Anthem sailings in the past have been really cheap too but not the case with Odyssey yet.  Hopefully, they will be a little bit more reasonable in the future.

• Like 3

On 8/21/2023 at 1:01 PM, grapau27 said:

Same for you Debbie.

Tomorrow is our 42nd wedding anniversary.

Happy Belated Anniversary to you and Pauline.

On 8/21/2023 at 10:16 PM, Etta1213 said:

I started eating garlic daily several months ago, and my BP has dropped so much that I plan to talk to my primary about cutting back on the meds.

I absolutely love garlic and would like to eat it everyday or almost. I read that the smell comes out in your sweat so I limit mine. Not sure if it’s true since I could never tell. I could eat cloves of baked garlic. Yum.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

On 8/21/2023 at 11:00 PM, Ocean Boy said:

A friend of mine is big on garlic. When we get together in the morning for coffee I cannot sit across the table from him. No idea how his patients tolerate it.

That just gave me the answer. So unfortunately it’s true. 😑

8 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

We are finally home.  Sorry for any birthdays, anniversaries, illnesses, etc I may have missed.  It was my intention to keep up with at least reading the thread each night before bed, but I ended up just crashing every night.
We flew home from Orlando yesterday and were pleasantly surprised to find a cloudy, 70 degree day.  What a welcome relief after 14 straight days of mid-90’s and sunny with very little rain.  I know mid-90’s is nothing compared to what others are experiencing around the country, but it was tough walking around amusement parks all day in that heat.  My activity data shows we averaged about 8 miles per day walking.  It was 

a great family vacation though and after eating out every single meal, plus wine or cocktails every night, I really need to detox! I’m looking forward to some healthy, home cooked dinners.  And keeping up with the thread 🙂!IMG_9600.thumb.jpeg.61749d725b84a309560a10573417d06a.jpeg

Welcome Home!     Beautiful family 😍

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

I absolutely love garlic and would like to eat it everyday or almost. I read that the smell comes out in your sweat so I limit mine. Not sure if it’s true since I could never tell. I could eat cloves of baked garlic. Yum.

Me too & that's also how you find out who your real friends are. 😄

• Haha 8

10 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Have you ever been to Little Italy for the famous San Genarro Festival also in Lower Manhattan?  I was there twice and it was amazing.  I grew up so close and after I moved, I often wondered why I didn't get there more often.

Now that you put the bug in my ear I had to look it up. This year the Festival runs fron Sept 14 -24. I may just have to go into the city.🙂

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I was trying to make light so no problem. I am feeling much better thank you!

I was eating Medjool dates tonight and read on the container that they're higher in potassium than bananas. I love them. Please take good care of yourself; you're special to us.

Edited by Etta1213
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

My wife also loves garlic, I like garlic, I haven’t made spaghetti with garlic in a long time , need to treat her within next week or so . We discovered an Italian restaurant in Ft. Lauderdale a couple of cruises ago and they have sinful garlic rolls which we will visit on all our cruises from there.

• Like 5